Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

5 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

If they had paid me a win for the missed tip in the first game I'd be a seven but apparently the fine print nailed me.

Som nam nar....

Forgot To Tip

• Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I FORGET TO TIP?

A: If you forget to tip you will be awarded the away teams for the games you missed, however you will only receive up to a maximum of 5 correct tips. If you forget to tip in the Gauntlet Competition, you will be eliminated from the Gauntlet Competition.

You were robbed mate:smile:

Don't forget for tomorrow.

11 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Both selected WB and had a margin of 13. That means they did not select a margin. When no selection you are given the away team with a 0 margin.

I was one of them Rip, and that was how I tipped including the margin.

Total lockdown....need a work permit to be out of your area.....curfew from 8pm to 5 am.....gloomy august is here......and the 2 worst teams are playing tonight....

Gees this is going to go on for the rest of the year......stocked up on pizza bases from Bakers Delight this morning....comfort food....and some munchies for this evenings goal feast....ho dear the skies just opened up and dropping monsoonal type rain on our suburb .....well i did manage to run the dishwasher and washing machine this morning while the sun was out.....solar panels you see...got my morning heating and washing done free of charge.....

Yesterday i thought my fingers were going to fall off....coldest day in 24 ys....got to 9 from a start of 3 degrees.....i need a gf in asia somewhere to escape....and i ended up getting a bit wet during the hail storm too....didnt help but i did just zoom through my job and got home early....

Dont ya love Melbourne.....rain all over in just under 5 min.....

Simon comes out in support of the blow torch that el presidente gave, and then pretty much starts talking about big Tom Mac.....i believe Tom has a mouth and uses it, prob why he never even made vice captain there, Tom's form has been somewhat like a spluttering Trabant one of them cardboard East German cars from the cold war.... meant to be there savour but ends up being the laughing joke of the world....there are some here i seen once.....interesting car.....there still making something like them in Russia i hear but my Russian friend brought a French branded car instead.....went on about quality....something that Tom seems to have dropped....the quality....well Tom was a dreadful centre half back....i loathed him in defence....but being young then you know they tend to get better....well Tom never got better...a solid defender for like 3./4 of a game then you know give em 2 goals...it quite normal of Tom to do that....Oscar his brother said as a junior Tom was a very good forward so the switch came...well after half a season the guy is lost at sea....So Simon says Tom is dropped for tonights game....he has been dreadful for too long......The recruiting has been uninspiring as well....so there seems to be a problem starting from end of the season we played finals till now....apart from May the mercenaries since leave a lot to be desired, Leaver, Tomlinson and Langden .....well....um underwhelmed.....there done better in the draft.....I guess they must have got tips from the Hawks.....about that.........I say it again.......go to the draft forget these hacks from other clubs.....we now have about 6 one third of the on ground team is from somewhere else....were starting to look like the Hawks now just different colours....expect they come up for some good wins from time to time.....

Tom WILL be off to Sydney for next year....Simon WILL get chopped and end up as an assistant at the Eagles, Paul Ross will depose Bartlet as President, and Ross Lyon WILL take over the coaching role for 3 years and groom another to take over.....Meanwhile i still think old Norm should be dug up and taken to Haiti to get that curse removed.....

• Like 2

Been a bit busy the last week so haven't been keeping up to date with things AFL...

Here is a thought to ponder ...

WLD just announced it was closing the border to anyone from NSW and QLD people returning home wold have to isolate for 14 days at their own expense.

What happens to the AFL boffins and heavy hitters who want to visit Brisbane for the Grand final?   

Eddie locked out out , Smiling Gil to get special dispensation? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Total lockdown....need a work permit to be out of your area.....curfew from 8pm to 5 am.....gloomy august is here......and the 2 worst teams are playing tonight....

Gees this is going to go on for the rest of the year......stocked up on pizza bases from Bakers Delight this morning....comfort food....and some munchies for this evenings goal feast....ho dear the skies just opened up and dropping monsoonal type rain on our suburb .....well i did manage to run the dishwasher and washing machine this morning while the sun was out.....solar panels you see...got my morning heating and washing done free of charge.....

Yesterday i thought my fingers were going to fall off....coldest day in 24 ys....got to 9 from a start of 3 degrees.....i need a gf in asia somewhere to escape....and i ended up getting a bit wet during the hail storm too....didnt help but i did just zoom through my job and got home early....

Dont ya love Melbourne.....rain all over in just under 5 min.....

Simon comes out in support of the blow torch that el presidente gave, and then pretty much starts talking about big Tom Mac.....i believe Tom has a mouth and uses it, prob why he never even made vice captain there, Tom's form has been somewhat like a spluttering Trabant one of them cardboard East German cars from the cold war.... meant to be there savour but ends up being the laughing joke of the world....there are some here i seen once.....interesting car.....there still making something like them in Russia i hear but my Russian friend brought a French branded car instead.....went on about quality....something that Tom seems to have dropped....the quality....well Tom was a dreadful centre half back....i loathed him in defence....but being young then you know they tend to get better....well Tom never got better...a solid defender for like 3./4 of a game then you know give em 2 goals...it quite normal of Tom to do that....Oscar his brother said as a junior Tom was a very good forward so the switch came...well after half a season the guy is lost at sea....So Simon says Tom is dropped for tonights game....he has been dreadful for too long......The recruiting has been uninspiring as well....so there seems to be a problem starting from end of the season we played finals till now....apart from May the mercenaries since leave a lot to be desired, Leaver, Tomlinson and Langden .....well....um underwhelmed.....there done better in the draft.....I guess they must have got tips from the Hawks.....about that.........I say it again.......go to the draft forget these hacks from other clubs.....we now have about 6 one third of the on ground team is from somewhere else....were starting to look like the Hawks now just different colours....expect they come up for some good wins from time to time.....

Tom WILL be off to Sydney for next year....Simon WILL get chopped and end up as an assistant at the Eagles, Paul Ross will depose Bartlet as President, and Ross Lyon WILL take over the coaching role for 3 years and groom another to take over.....Meanwhile i still think old Norm should be dug up and taken to Haiti to get that curse removed.....

Tom Mcdonald to The Swans u reckon?

Melbournites must be suffering with no access to live sport and all the Pizza Joints shut down

35 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Been a bit busy the last week so haven't been keeping up to date with things AFL...

Here is a thought to ponder ...

WLD just announced it was closing the border to anyone from NSW and QLD people returning home wold have to isolate for 14 days at their own expense.

What happens to the AFL boffins and heavy hitters who want to visit Brisbane for the Grand final?   

Eddie locked out out , Smiling Gil to get special dispensation? 

Well with the impending economic doom not many are going to be able to afford a 2 week vacation on the GC this year...so its a bundle of free tickets and raffles the AFL WILL giveth to NRL...and they WILL put it down to advtising and write it off in corprate tax expense for next year ....

37 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Tom Mcdonald to The Swans u reckon?

Melbournites must be suffering with no access to live sport and all the Pizza Joints shut down

Just checked the team....Oscar Mac is out too.....so there both going as deal ....for I Heeney....

Fast food is avaliable TAKE AWAY...and we all have 65inch tellys.....

Its actually quite nice not have to rub shoulders with the riff raff thats about these days, and when its all over its glorious spring....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Haha 1

Greater Western Sydney has guaranteed senior coach Leon Cameron a minimum two-year contract extension on the back of the coronavirus crisis. The Giants have assured Cameron he will continue to lead the club until at least 2022 although the specific terms cannot be ticked off until the AFL's contract freeze ends

I just caught up with this news.  I know @Will27 is a supporter of Leon but i can't see why they would extend the contract at this stage

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Just checked the team....Oscar Mac is out too.....so there both going as deal ....for I Heeney....

Fast food is avaliable TAKE AWAY...and we all have 65inch tellys.....

Its actually quite nice not have to rub shoulders with the riff raff thats about these days, and when its all over its glorious spring....

Spot on mate, ... The Gold Coast is very quiet with all the NSW an Victorians being locked out

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Greater Western Sydney has guaranteed senior coach Leon Cameron a minimum two-year contract extension on the back of the coronavirus crisis. The Giants have assured Cameron he will continue to lead the club until at least 2022 although the specific terms cannot be ticked off until the AFL's contract freeze ends

I just caught up with this news.  I know @Will27 is a supporter of Leon but i can't see why they would extend the contract at this stage

Was on the cards when the CEO already said they made a verbal agreement.

Another 2 years of disappointment I guess.

Oh well, it probably means Ross Lyon goes to Melbourne then:smile:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Was on the cards when the CEO already said they made a verbal agreement.

Another 2 years of disappointment I guess.

Oh well, it probably means Ross Lyon goes to Melbourne then:smile:

Yes its a bad secret here in Mel;bourne that Ross was got at by Bartlett recently.....a loss tonight and its curtains for the former Crow......and i did say the Crows were due for a win.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Watching Richmond dismantle Brisbane last night, and with all of the finals likely to be played in Qld, unfortunately I think it's going to be Richmond's premiership to lose.

Being confined in the gulag will get  to the Interstate teams come a couple.more.rounds

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Uncle Alex should have a good night's sleep after that one.

I know it's only Adelaide but you take what you can get.

Yes well.......like they made hard work of it for 3/4 didnt they?

I just seen more of the same, an other team would have punished us, Salem twice hand balled to a Crow, Leaver a NO FACTOR, to me most were just going through motions, no leadership from Gawn, Viney and Oliver lead they way, Weed and Jackson keep showing something, i liked that Sparrow was in the team and thats it.

That game shows that North should do us next week...

There isnt much run, no fanning out, slow to move the ball often, Hifernated guy who did the sling tackle one kick, next to useless, he is a mid forward but never gets a run on the ball, Harmes stuck in defence again, Brawshaw spent almost the entire first half on the bench.

Look i just dont see it as not having enough good cattle on the park, and for the first time i seen something different, Gawn was taken out of the ruck though where he was a few times i do not know though one time i did spot on him the bench, Simon rally makes moves or mix's it up, to me watching the team play most look dispirited, thats what i see, there are no good ideas in there playbook, they tend to play man on man well thats how it looks.

We are 3-5 now but it feels like 1-7 maybe im mistaken since they started paying these breath on me free kicks the games seems to have deteriorated as a spectacle, i liked it before when they were hard at it in dire scrums fighting for the ball....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Yes well.......like they made hard work of it for 3/4 didnt they?

I just seen more of the same, an other team would have punished us, Salem twice hand balled to a Crow, Leaver a NO FACTOR, to me most were just going through motions, no leadership from Gawn, Viney and Oliver lead they way, Weed and Jackson keep showing something, i liked that Sparrow was in the team and thats it.

That game shows that North should do us next week...

There isnt much run, no fanning out, slow to move the ball often, Hifernated guy who did the sling tackle one kick, next to useless, he is a mid forward but never gets a run on the ball, Harmes stuck in defence again, Brawshaw spent almost the entire first half on the bench.

Look i just dont see it as not having enough good cattle on the park, and for the first time i seen something different, Gawn was taken out of the ruck though where he was a few times i do not know though one time i did spot on him the bench, Simon rally makes moves or mix's it up, to me watching the team play most look dispirited, thats what i see, there are no good ideas in there playbook, they tend to play man on man well thats how it looks.

We are 3-5 now but it feels like 1-7 maybe im mistaken since they started paying these breath on me free kicks the games seems to have deteriorated as a spectacle, i liked it before when they were hard at it in dire scrums fighting for the ball....

Jeez Uncle Grumps, you guys got a win, celebrate it!
Throw away your cane for a day and go dancing in the cold and lonely melbourne streets and let the win warm your heart ????

Sydney in the mood for an upset against Collingwood tonight

Sydney have dropped 4 players
Sam Gray
Ryan Clarke
Lewis taylor

Nick Blakely

Gray (port) , Clarke (Norf) and Taylor (Brissie) were all pick ups that other clubs couldn't wait to offload and Sydney found they were the only players they could get to come to Sydney.

Performing so well and providing so much experience that they have all been dropped!

Blakey, the new messiah , touted to win a triple Brownlow into the future , has also gone due to his failing eyesight , which has led to him not being able to find the ball during a game, or when it falls into hi shands, he cannot see where the goal posts are.

This has opened up the gates once more for some youngsters with Sam Wicks making his debut (small forward who also plays mid) , and Jackson Thurlow and Dylan Stephens coming back in , As well as backman Melican.

Big Johny Horse C*ck has thrown away his play style bible of the last decade and gone for a more free flowing, play the corridor, play on quickly, avoid the long kicks to the boundary style of play. When St Kilda broke free last week Big JOhnny kept the game plan and refused to throw 12 player behind the ball.
Swans supporters are hoping to see more of this style this week. Losses are okay if the young fellas get some game times and learn a style of play that supporters want to watch.

Swans to win by 12

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Would love to see the Swans get up mate.

I take it you're picking them:smile:

I will be picking Sydney

I'm not sure which teams i picked last week and i equally can't remember who played who  but the tipping results indicate they weren't good tips ????

Still, Sydney in an upset

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

Sydney in the mood for an upset against Collingwood tonight

Sydney have dropped 4 players
Sam Gray
Ryan Clarke
Lewis taylor

Nick Blakely

Gray (port) , Clarke (Norf) and Taylor (Brissie) were all pick ups that other clubs couldn't wait to offload and Sydney found they were the only players they could get to come to Sydney.

Performing so well and providing so much experience that they have all been dropped!

Blakey, the new messiah , touted to win a triple Brownlow into the future , has also gone due to his failing eyesight , which has led to him not being able to find the ball during a game, or when it falls into hi shands, he cannot see where the goal posts are.

This has opened up the gates once more for some youngsters with Sam Wicks making his debut (small forward who also plays mid) , and Jackson Thurlow and Dylan Stephens coming back in , As well as backman Melican.

Big Johny Horse C*ck has thrown away his play style bible of the last decade and gone for a more free flowing, play the corridor, play on quickly, avoid the long kicks to the boundary style of play. When St Kilda broke free last week Big JOhnny kept the game plan and refused to throw 12 player behind the ball.
Swans supporters are hoping to see more of this style this week. Losses are okay if the young fellas get some game times and learn a style of play that supporters want to watch.

Swans to win by 12

Pies play like the Dees i noticed lately but there good enough for you guys....you need Oscar and Tom up there....going cheap......cheap cheap like baby chickens......

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

Jeez Uncle Grumps, you guys got a win, celebrate it!
Throw away your cane for a day and go dancing in the cold and lonely melbourne streets and let the win warm your heart ????

Never mind the quality feel the width right?

1 minute ago, AlexRRR said:

Pies play like the Dees i noticed lately but there good enough for you guys....you need Oscar and Tom up there....going cheap......cheap cheap like baby chickens......

We'll take them both.

In return you can have Clarke, Taylor, Gray and Sam Reid

Just now, AlexRRR said:

Never mind the quality feel the width right?

I recomend trashing the aeroplane the Dees fly around in so they get stranded interstate somewhere then we can start all over again here....