UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

On 4/13/2019 at 9:13 AM, evadgib said:

I predict that you'll be outed as a troll less than an hour after you signed up (under this SN) to this website.

Of course. All remainers are trolls, aren't they?

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Result is guaranteed! Remain brilliance shining through.

A result is guaranteed. Depending on the result, we either revoke Article 50 or leave under the deal proposed on the ballot paper. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

28 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And smart enough to sign agreements to come to agreements that most Brexiters posting here would say constitute slavery. Be smart and follow Switzerland's lead.,

Switzerland actually spent time on meaningful negotiations to get the unique arrangements that they have with the EU but having the advantage of not being a member in the first place. The UK won't get anything as good as the "slavery" you talk of with May's "deal" but it is strange that none of my Swiss friends ever talk of their relationship that way?

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

After 3 year of TM trying to get UK to stay in the EU mafia no deal will be good, if UK gets out with a deal the UK and the new down the line Prime Minister can do a Trump and tear it up.

That would be great but we're not allowed to do that. The EU says so.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It's already been put to the people, in 2016! 

What do you want, a precedent so that if certain people don't agree with a 2nd result they can insist on a 3rd referendum and so on, ad infinitum?

It was also put to the people in 1975. I voted leave. The vote went with remain.

As I'm now older and wiser, I voted remain in the second referendum in 2016.

Parliament is at total impasse. I've lost count of the number of times Parliament has just kicked the can down the road.

The only sensible thing to do is take it out of the hands of Parliament and put it back to the people.

44 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Of course. All remainers are trolls, aren't they?

That one certainly was ????

I'm curious as to your absence in the last week & assumed it wasn't voluntary...?

Does this 'Bercowing' lark favoured by an out-of-puff gamebird in full winter plumage work in t'other direction too?

To be serious i hope i'm wrong as I find the practice extremely underhanded.

Welcome back regardless ????

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

That one was! ????

I'm curious as to your absence in the last week & assumed it wasn't voluntary...?

Does this 'Bercowing' lark favoured by an out-of-puff gamebird in full winter plumage work in t'other direction too?

To be serious i hope i'm wrong as the practice is extremely underhanded.

Welcome back regardless ????

A bit of both! Currently in the UK for a couple of weeks and haven't had the time or inclination for TVF.

51 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not my idea of good parenting. Kids squabbling? Remove them from the theme park and go straight home. It's the only way they'll learn.

Revoke article 50 and re-instigate it when MPs are mature enough to negotiate a sensible agreement.

Naaagh.

The good guys suffer in the that scenario.

Why should 17m lose out because the kids can't <deleted> behave!

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Naaagh.

The good guys suffer in the that scenario.

Why should 17m lose out because the kids can't <deleted> behave!

Can't agree that Brexiteers are "the good guys". We'd all be living happily ever after if it weren't for them.

Look at it another way, 16m people would see common sense prevail.

52 minutes ago, nauseus said:

That would be great but we're not allowed to do that. The EU says so.

Well my answer if I was in charge would begin with a big 'F' off or something beginning with 'Chip' you. ????

What were your corn fed politicians thinking when they started this road to chaos?

Problem is we seem to have entered an era of inept politicians. Nobody who actually is capable would think about going into Government.

They were thinking that they would fool the UK electorate again. They thought their Project Fear and government propaganda to Remain would result in a win for them.

The poor quality of many politicians is a massive problem. When about a quarter of them have never had a proper job outside the political bubble they are not qualified to represent the constituents they are foisted on. Many of those who claim to have previously had ‘proper’ jobs were often from the public sector or a quango somewhere.
About 23% of them are from the Oxbridge diploma mills, with a even higher percentage from fee paying schools. There are one or two good guys amongst them, but the elitism that usually brings does not make for quality politicians.
There’s also an over representation of lawyers and barristers in parliament. While they are well practised at public speaking, let’s face it - they are not from the most trustworthy profession. They are used to lying for a living.
UKIP or the new Brexit party will bring us new qualified and capable candidates at the next GE. The will of course be subject to the same derision and smear campaigns by the existing political elite, made for the other ‘real’ people who endanger the political / MSM / chattering classes status quo. The electorate know better for the next time around.

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

It actually IS achievable, but NOT under the current leadership

What do you suggest the British electorate do about the current leadership.

Vote Labour , and give JC chance ?.    Nothing ventured , nothing gained.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Well my answer if I was in charge would begin with a big 'F' off or something beginning with 'Chip' you. ????

That may be a little subtle for the EU commissioners to understand.

Once more with feeling this time.

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

A bit upmarket for most Brexiteers. Nice for an afternoon coffee on Bahnhofstrasse.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

From he who accused others of being pompous an hour ago!

Well if Bahnhofstrasse is a bit intimidating, one can always cross the river into Niederdorfstrasse which is a bit more relaxed in the evenings, although a guy did pull a gun out on the street one night...enough of that.... Anyway, Brexiteers mostly few and far between in them there parts.

21 minutes ago, elliss said:

What do you suggest the British electorate do about the current leadership.

Vote Labour , and give JC chance ?.    Nothing ventured , nothing gained.

Let us see who will be left after the next election and go from there.

Just now, Spidey said:

My spoonies is different. We're a much friendlier lot up North.

It wouldn't surprise me that the person you think is talking to you is just muttering to themselves. But hey, as long as you are having a good time, that's all that matters.

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

No..you asked me a question..I gave you my answer.
I happen to fear not a lot..any challenges/issues, I do my best to meet them head on.
Ps, I never run away and report anyone to the Mods either..wasn't brought up to be a grass

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are you suggesting that I'm a grass? Ironic that I've just had a week's holiday due to some butt hurt Brexiteer.

Trust me, you ain't worth my time.

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

My spoonies is different. We're a much friendlier lot up North.

Correct ,  spoonies  Ale on special ,  worth coming home for. 

Fyi ,  big boss of  spoonies is against brexit , good buisness brain.

Fish n chips good value , fill ya boots , for under a tenner..

Archived