UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/13/2019 at 8:56 AM, Scutty said:

I predict the country will vote overwhelmingly to remain now the catastrophe that it is is clear to the public .

I would expect the result to be reversed but not overwhelmingly , the country would still be divided and the problem would still be there.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

They were thinking that they would fool the UK electorate again. They thought their Project Fear and government propaganda to Remain would result in a win for them.
The poor quality of many politicians is a massive problem. When about a quarter of them have never had a proper job outside the political bubble they are not qualified to represent the constituents they are foisted on. Many of those who claim to have previously had ‘proper’ jobs were often from the public sector or a quango somewhere.
About 23% of them are from the Oxbridge diploma mills, with a even higher percentage from fee paying schools. There are one or two good guys amongst them, but the elitism that usually brings does not make for quality politicians.
There’s also an over representation of lawyers and barristers in parliament. While they are well practised at public speaking, let’s face it - they are not from the most trustworthy profession. They are used to lying for a living.
UKIP or the new Brexit party will bring us new qualified and capable candidates at the next GE. The will of course be subject to the same derision and smear campaigns by the existing political elite, made for the other ‘real’ people who endanger the political / MSM / chattering classes status quo. The electorate know better for the next time around.

The Chips On Shoulders Party. Derision? Well fancy that!

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

It case you have’t noticed, there is now an ever increasing number of Europeans who wish to say goodby to the E.u.

In the last couple of weeks we have seen a Eurosceptic party win in the Dutch provincial elections, and it’s now predicted that the leading Eurosceptic party in Finland is expecting to make large gains.

And this in Two E.u countries that are reputedly amongst the most ardent E.u supporters.

E20C5806-0E3A-4822-B769-EC5270BC7658.jpeg

Now that Brexit is officially dead (senior cabinet minister today - it died on 29th March) I for one will miss Nonatbury's memes (soon to be outlawed alas under EU copyright laws). Half normal folk can get ready to stand down and get back to business as usual and let the frothers vent to their choir unnoticed. I'm demob happy back to civvie life at last. 

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

The one thing she has not managed to do, was to deliver Brexit to the people of the UK despite all her broken promises over 3 years.

And when given the chance to oust her and go forward with their easily passable plan, the ERG Brexiteers lost their bottle and protected their livelihoods instead!!

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yup, Brexiteer confirms my long standing and oft repeated observation:

Brexiteers always blame somebody else.

A "long standing and oft repeated observation" could be a lie, but repeated often enough you might get many people actually believing it.

You cannot possibly blame Brexiteers when they have had nothing to do with leaving the EU, apart from voting for the "we will implement what you decide" in this "once in a lifetime" referendum.

On Andrew Marr yesterday David Lidington was asked 'do you have a date in mind when the talks would be seen to have failed' referring to the talks with Labour.

Interesting that Lidington carried on as though "failed" was the expected outcome, despite all the "testing" going on.

Strikes me that Hammond has already accepted that will be the case.

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

A "long standing and oft repeated observation" could be a lie, but repeated often enough you might get many people actually believing it.

You cannot possibly blame Brexiteers when they have had nothing to do with leaving the EU, apart from voting for the "we will implement what you decide" in this "once in a lifetime" referendum.

Obviously the most popular of DC quotes. Only the naive would put any store on a political statement. Until it becomes legislation it is nothing more than political opinion.

The Labour talks will fail because there is no trust in the government sticking to any agreement.

Obviously the most popular of DC quotes. Only the naive would put any store on a political statement. Until it becomes legislation it is nothing more than political opinion.
The Labour talks will fail because there is no trust in the government sticking to any agreement.
Then NO DEAL is a distinct possibility[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

The answer you are looking for is the CITIZENS OF THE UK!!!!!!!!emoji6.png

You really believe that the UK is a unified union, takes all sorts but your entitled to the opinion.

It couldn't possibly be that leavers only want to belong to a union where they are the major entity.

You really believe that the UK is a unified union, takes all sorts but your entitled to the opinion.

It couldn't possibly be that leavers only want to belong to a union where they are the major entity.
Sandy f...you are oh so wrong..do you honestly think all the teenagers who no doubt voted " remain " have any idea of the ultimate aim of the corrupt fraudulent eu???
Perhaps and hopefully sooner rather than later they will realise the folly of their voting re Brexit.
My fervent hope is that the UK and all UK citizens will enjoy and prosper being free of the eu " shackles " in time to come.
Imo..next months mep's election will open a lot of eyes in the UK..as no doubt they will see and read about the reasons why..the afD..the french rally..and other eurosceptic parties from eu countries make spectacular gains.
Hopefully the '' empire " that the likes of the infamous jean monnet etc wanted will rapidly crumble.

Aye, but it's pretty obvious you ain't gonna get all those people hailing your desired outcome! It's like an aircraft captain flying to his clear destination, for which he sensibly has an alternative landing always planned; along the way, destination weather looks very unsettled, stormy, perhaps at very limits of his and/or aircraft's limits; he makes an assessment, choosing not to risk attempting the landing, and therefore decides to return to base, or fly to the safer alternate for the sake of ALL on board!

1 hour ago, vogie said:

You cannot possibly blame Brexiteers when they have had nothing to do with leaving the EU,

Says him who in the next sentence then admits Brexiteers caused it in the first place:

1 hour ago, vogie said:

apart from voting for the "we will implement what you decide" in this "once in a lifetime" referendum.

(As a side note, if an adult UK citizen allowed to vote doesn’t know his own constitution maybe he should do that homework first.) 

Aye, but it's pretty obvious you ain't gonna get all those people hailing your desired outcome! It's like an aircraft captain flying to his clear destination, for which he sensibly has an alternative landing always planned; along the way, destination weather looks very unsettled, stormy, perhaps at very limits of his and/or aircraft's limits; he makes an assessment, choosing not to risk attempting the landing, and therefore decides to return to base, or fly to the safer alternate for the sake of ALL on board!
Do you honestly believe that you get everything you want in life??
Whilst over in Glasgow I had to " suffer " ..blair..brown..prescott cook..reid etc..and I was was also against the iml illegal iraq war.
I also had to suffer a once again imo..an English hating snp administration running the show in scotland from 2007.
It's my honest belief that without the very strong Royalist and Unionist " presence " in scotland..the republicans would do exactly what they want.

Archived