UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Scotland is not that important to Brexit, or to the UK as a whole.

Leavers love to quote David Cameron, so here is another.

"I speak for millions of people across England, Wales and Northern Ireland – and many in Scotland too, who would be utterly heart-broken by the break-up of the United Kingdom.

Utterly heart-broken to wake up on Friday morning to the end of the country we love, to know that Scots would no longer join with the English, Welsh and Northern Irish in our Army, Navy and Air Force, in our UK-wide celebrations and commemorations, in UK sporting teams from the Olympics to the British Lions."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-full-text-of-david-camerons-no-going-back-speech-9735902.html

Obviously you are not one of the millions but as I have said many times, you have to take what politicians say with a pinch of salt and that includes the much quoted brexit promises.

• Like 1

Correct r/r..but Brexit was a UK " voting ref..not a scottish one

I could not disagree with you more - the folly of Brexit will impact us all, but the palpable anger at it being foisted upon Scots is very real. Our leaders have been shut out of Brexit all along, but the sad fact is that this is very much about Scots as much as every other person in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Salmon..charged with..
2 attempted rapes

7 attempted sexual assaults

2 indecent assaults

Chsmpions League..your having a laugh

I remember Alex Salmond when he was student activist and in this day and age would have been branded a terrorist. He may have cleaned up his act and become quite popular with a younger generation but leopards don't change their spots. Many of the old school would have voted against Alex Salmond, not against independence. Him and the tartan army are hardly representative of Scotland.

Whether people like it or not, the brexit debate will always lead to comments regarding other referendums, the leavers are more than happy to bring up the one held in Ireland. Scotland and brexit have one thing in common, different leaders may have led to different outcomes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Easy now Loiner..many Scots like me are Unionists and Royalists

Scotland is not that important to Brexit, or to the UK as a whole. They’re just like two terriers with a bone. Will not let it go and yap too much for their size.
They had their own independence referendum and decided to stay. They are here for the EU ride too, which is hopefully a short one. If they ever are given another shot at independence, I would vote for them to go. A quiet life and big saving to boot!

• Like 1

Easy now Loiner..many Scots like me are Unionists and Royalists

Yes, I know you are right, but you are such placid chaps and rarely heard as citizens of the same land. All we ever get is the munchkin and Blackford, promoted by the BBC no less!
The much more vociferous Braveheart mob need knocking down a peg or two. They can save Flower O’Scotland for Murrayfield.

Yes, I know you are right, but you are such placid chaps and rarely heard as citizens of the same land. All we ever get is the munchkin and Blackford, promoted by the BBC no less!
The much more vociferous Braveheart mob need knocking down a peg or two. They can save Flower O’Scotland for Murrayfield.
The silent majority work in mysterious ways..trust me

• Like 1

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

The one in 2016 which has caused all the problems since of course.

Back in 1975 I voted to join the EEC, NOT the EU, but back in those days there was no real internet, social media etc and we used to rely on the daily papers BBC and ITV for news.

My point was that, back in 1975, the referendum was to remain in the EC (not EEC). Therefore, the 2016 referendum was the second referendum on the same question.

"Do you think that the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (the Common Market)?"

A simple YES / NO answer was permitted (to be marked with a single 'X').

It was also sold as a "once in a lifetime" referendum. I voted "No".

Brexiteers will argue that it was the EC, not the EU, but it could equally be argued that the 2019 referendum is substantivly different from the 2016 referendum as, in 2016, no one had any idea on what would be the leaving terms. In 2019 the referendum will probably be remain/ leave under May's deal, or a very similar deal. It will be crystal clear, to the voting public, what terms we would be leaving under.

Is this why Brexiteers fear this 3rd referendum so much?

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Some time ago on this Forum I made the point that if I could ...I would immediately BAN any orange order..hibernian..republican and any other similar organisation from walking up/down any road ANYWHERE in scotland.
I now hope that you will believe me.
Re the English hating snp and their camp followers.
I lived only 5 miles from hampden park in my Glasgow days..and if I was out shopping..going for a pint etc. on the day that scotland were playing it was to an area called shawlands.

My 4 grandparents have 4 different nationalities. My father's father was a Glaswegian. As a child I spent many a holiday visiting relatives in Glasgow. From this I learned that Glasgow was, and still is, split asunder with Catholic, republican, Hoops supporters on one side and Protestant, loyalist, Gers supporters on the other side. If you don't fall into either category, you are certainly in a small minority as far as Glaswegians go.

In the 2016 referendum, The Hoops men overwhelmingly voted remain and the Gers men overwhelmingly voted leave.

If you disagree with any of this, you clearly don't know Glaswegians as well as I do.

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

Scotland is not that important to Brexit, or to the UK as a whole. They’re just like two terriers with a bone. Will not let it go and yap too much for their size.
They had their own independence referendum and decided to stay. They are here for the EU ride too, which is hopefully a short one. If they ever are given another shot at independence, I would vote for them to go. A quiet life and big saving to boot!

the bulldog has spoken,your version of brexit will end up with your local town/village wanting to leave england/UK before long,maybe you should relocate to true england and live with nontabury in yorkshire,i hear the locals there wear scarfs around the forehead and make a canny curry.

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

Like I said they will keep having referendums until they get the vote they want then they will say it was democratic.  People are so stupid to buy this crap.

dont panic there will be a GE in the future and you can vote for tommy or nigel or bojo or moggers or the breakaway group,you will have many variations of brexit but you are unlikely to get the one you want as parliament will still be in chaos.To avoid disappointment why not just accept it wont happen,your too old to worry about it,enjoy whats left of your life

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bomber said:

dont panic there will be a GE in the future and you can vote for tommy or nigel or bojo or moggers or the breakaway group,you will have many variations of brexit but you are unlikely to get the one you want as parliament will still be in chaos.To avoid disappointment why not just accept it wont happen,your too old to worry about it,enjoy whats left of your life

The point is they are creating mayhem and divisions.  It's called divide and conquer and it has been working.  Taking a passive attitude as you seem to suggest is why your country, my country and all the others are a mess.  It's time to act not to go to sleep. 

Edited by tlandtday
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Move to Yorkshire????? Where should I move from?
You really have no idea have you?

Your mate claims its true england and you love england...seems logical..maybe nontabury was drunk when he made the claim...iam sure he will post a reply soon

Edited by bomber

13 hours ago, nauseus said:

It wasn't the EC in 1975, it was still the EEC, which was generally sold as the Common Market. No political involvement was willingly admitted by the remainers. Heath lied because he knew that the electorate would reject it. It was a con job. 

Con job so why did it take 40 years for action,it only took 40 days to realise brexit wasnt worth it,MPs about 40 weeks due to their lower brain cells,but at least we got there eventually,bye bye brexit

Edited by bomber
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Like I said they will keep having referendums until they get the vote they want then they will say it was democratic.  People are so stupid to buy this crap.

Uk govt exercising its sovereign power to do as it pleases without any EU intervention,just what i like to see,makes me feel like getting a bulldog tattoo,buying a unionjack onesie and going down spoonies.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bomber said:

Uk govt exercising its sovereign power to do as it pleases without any EU intervention,just what i like to see,makes me feel like getting a bulldog tattoo,buying a unionjack onesie and going down spoonies.

What is the "Onesie and spoonies"   ?   ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Like I said they will keep having referendums until they get the vote they want then they will say it was democratic. 

Complete nonsense because impossible in practice.

So, if parliament really wants a specific way, they can just use their constitutional powers to do so — something that is possible in practice.  

On 4/12/2019 at 8:05 PM, malagateddy said:

A " NO VOTE " then should automatically trigger " NO DEAL ".

Nothing can be autmotically triggered through a referendum, they are only advisory, all moves need to be ratified by parliament, and they have already voted overwhelmningly against no deal, it cannot happen.

12 hours ago, tlandtday said:

March to Leave vs March to Remain.  Most of the people who bought the Brexit lies now feel stupid.

image.thumb.png.b49620ae7aefe1d03011af94b39d21a8.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

March to Leave vs March to Remain.  Most of the people who bought the Brexit lies now feel stupid.

image.thumb.png.b49620ae7aefe1d03011af94b39d21a8.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

That is total rolox.....Folk who voted to leave voted because of what they saw happening on their STREETS....How the gov of the day (remainers) have acted is the PROBLEM....

• Like 1