Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

8 minutes ago, G Rex said:

Gravity is a theory too...      Maybe that is not correct either?

Gravity is a theory which is partially incorrect. 

Don't need to believe me, Google is your friend. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, G Rex said:

Gravity is a theory too...      Maybe that is not correct either?

That's right. It may be correct, or it may not.
We can see/feel there is a force at work, but we don't know how it works exactly. Hence it's a theory, not a fact.
The Universe may or may not have started with a Big Bang. We don't know for sure. That's why it's a theory and not a fact.

You may have blind faith in scientists that promote these theories and choose to believe them, but I rather keep an open mind and don't like to exclude other theories. To know how the Universe started or how gravity works may be interesting from an intellectual point of view, but ultimately irrelevant to my wellbeing.

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

If you posted facts I would. Opinions mean nothing. Clint Eastwood summed up opinions.

I'm bored with facts tbh.

I'm not here to post about facts, instead I'm interested in people's opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sunmaster said:

That's right. It may be correct, or it may not.
We can see/feel there is a force at work, but we don't know how it works exactly. Hence it's a theory, not a fact.
The Universe may have started with a Big Bang. We don't know for sure. That's why it's a theory and not a fact.

You may have blind faith in scientists that promote these theories and choose to believe them, but I rather keep an open mind and don't like to exclude other theories. To know how the Universe started or how gravity works may be interesting from an intellectual point of view, but ultimately irrelevant to my wellbeing.

You will be dead and still dont know

But you attack them unless they agree with you.

As i said, don't take it personal, i don't even know you.

Ask yourself why do you feel that way.

Glad to help ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You will be dead and still dont know

Not a problem.
I rather die admitting that I don't know, than get stuck with a false assumption and then spend all my life defending an opinion based on that false assumption.

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TropicalGuy said:

Provided they align with your own ????????

Wrong again, even if i have serious doubts about some people's integrity, i am interested in their opinions. 

You won't believe it, but I'm interested in the behavior of animals and plants and minerals too, according to the situation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Eating and drinking is normal. Pretending a ghost is real not so much.

Having imaginary friends used to earn you a free straight jacket & institutional stay …. unless you mentioned God or Jesus of course to get a pass on that ……????????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Eating and drinking is normal. Pretending a ghost is real not so much.

Trying to be normal is a choice for many, these days. 

Although there are many good reasons to be, or at least, appear to be normal, trying too hard may have negative effects imho.

One of those negative effects is narrowing one's own mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Trying to be normal is a choice for many, these days. 

Although there are many good reasons to be, or at least, appear to be normal, trying too hard may have negative effects imho.

One of those negative effects is narrowing one's own mind.

Belief in god by definition is narrow minded.

You can say the same for not believing. 

Science has not disproved God yet, and i doubt it ever will, although perhaps in your dreams.

Saying that something cannot be proven is not the same as saying that something doesn't exist.

The people who blindly believe in anything labelled "science ", are not very different from those who blindly believe in anything labelled "religion ".

Both can be successfully used to brainwash the people ????

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

You can say the same for not believing. 

Science has not disproved God yet, and i doubt it ever will, although perhaps in your dreams.

Saying that something cannot be proven is not the same as saying that something doesn't exist.

The people who blindly believe in anything labelled "science ", are not very different from those who blindly believe in anything labelled "religion ".

Both can be successfully used to brainwash the people ????

Im open to new science. The people who say science is settled are narrow minded. Look at the cc stuff.

The big bang theory is just a theory. It might be 1% right, it might be 50% right.

A 14yo in 2022 knows more than an average 40yo did in 1922.

Science evolves.

I believe in reincarnation but Im open to being wrong.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

A 14yo in 2022 knows more than an average 40yo did in 1922.

I honestly agree with your post, except for this statement. 

This is true in a way, but wrong in another way, it depends on what you mean as knowledge. 

As an example, a savage may know nothing about scientific theories, but he's able to survive in the jungle.

• Like 1

Gods/God were/was the First Age.

Science is the arrived, but still competing with religion, Second.

The religion that remains in the developed world is "vestigial" (hence it is now possible to deny religion/God in that world without being executed, tortured or banished from society).

That in the developing world will become the same eventually..........they have had a much later start.

But It will all pass.

It's taken a long time to get this far.........and there is a long way to go yet.

A very long way.

8 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That would appear to be your misunderstanding of what science is.

Science is evolving knowledge that can be proven demonstrably. Science has never proven nor disproven the existence of God (which one?) yet it has uncovered many theories (also note the different between a theory and a hypothesis) that are leading us further and further away from any conscious higher power.

Science can exist with a God, but it is hard for God to exist with the expansion of science.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

I honestly agree with your post, except for this statement. 

This is true in a way, but wrong in another way, it depends on what you mean as knowledge. 

As an example, a savage may know nothing about scientific theories, but he's able to survive in the jungle.

Local knowledge vs universal.

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

That would appear to be your misunderstanding of what science is.

Nope, it's clear that you completely misunderstood my posts.

I understand the difference between science and what is labelled "science " but it's not.

As an example, it's hard to accept the art of deceiving the masses as science, yet there are scientists working at it.

Try again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I understand the difference between science and what is labelled "science " but it's not.

As an example, it's hard to accept the art of deceiving the masses as science, yet there are scientists working at it.

Try again. 

Politics has hijacked science. Pure science remains though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Try again. 

May your God bless you )

52 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Yes and utterly irrational. Requires suspension or separation from reason, facts & science. Fact vs. Faith. Never understood for example how Scientists & Doctors in a free society could be religious when all their training, knowledge & experience screams out against that.????  

2 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Yes and utterly irrational. Requires suspension or separation from reason, facts & science. Fact vs. Faith. Never understood for example how Scientists & Doctors in a free society could be religious when all their training, knowledge & experience screams out against that.????  

Upbringing

24 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Try again. 

There is Science vs. Pseudo- Science.

Set Definitions for both apply.  

Mass Deception usually conducted within individual totalitarian nations. 
Linked with mass hysteria / mass psychosis and propaganda as witnessed in North Korea but also recently in even free nations with Covid & Identity Politics. 

Social Media spreading it like with the false irrational Identity Politics everywhere now in Elite Society, Universities, Govt, Artists. Sport.  

Scientists “ workin on it” ? No. 
Principles long established since 1930’s, Goebbels & Stalin.