Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The man existed, he was a Jew and a preacher. The establishment hated him because he preached what they thought threatened their religion and power. They got the Romans to kill him. That's probably proven somewhere.

The message he taught was what lived on after he was killed, and it was subverted by other men to become the means by which THEY could get power and wealth. St Peter's in Rome is evidence of how well they did. I doubt there is much living in accordance with the Christ's teachings in the Vatican though.

The message is still relevant- love thine enemy, turn the other cheek etc.

Believe or not, that's your choice, but if you don't, don't expect heaven. Have to be in the club to go there.

What a CROCK! ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sweatalot said:

come on. The Jesus - son of God  whom the churches talk about did NOT exist. MAY BE one or more normal man did exist - whose lifetime was used to build the story around that is now the teaching of the christians.

Your "maybe" is so convincing, I think you have settled it.

• Thanks 1

The man existed, he was a Jew and a preacher. The establishment hated him because he preached what they thought threatened their religion and power. They got the Romans to kill him. That's probably proven somewhere.
The message he taught was what lived on after he was killed, and it was subverted by other men to become the means by which THEY could get power and wealth. St Peter's in Rome is evidence of how well they did. I doubt there is much living in accordance with the Christ's teachings in the Vatican though.
The message is still relevant- love thine enemy, turn the other cheek etc.
Believe or not, that's your choice, but if you don't, don't expect heaven. Have to be in the club to go there.
Have to believe there's a club first. No-ones convinced me yet, nor will they.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Have to prove there's a club first...and only then would I give consideration to joining. Not sure this "club" would meet my standards. 

Still interesting how people world wide joining a club, where there is obvious benefits for the right people, and not everyone. 

God´s given promises to his people, do not account everyone in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stevemac said:

Have to believe there's a club first. No-ones convinced me yet, nor will they.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm certainly not trying to convince you of anything. 

Some posters on here are so outraged that anyone would believe in something they don't believe in that there are 209 pages of their outrage. I was answering the OP, which is "do I believe" and I do, but whether any others do or not is irrelevant to me except I'm a bit bemused that others would spend so much energy trying to convince me that I'm wrong when they can't prove anything related to God. Simple reason for that is that "God" is unproveable.

It even makes me chuckle that anyone thinks they can prove that something capable of making life, the universe and everything has to conform to whatever they think "God" is. WE know nothing, Jon Snow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/20/2019 at 6:00 AM, mauGR1 said:

As far as i know, the only time Jesus was angry, is when he went to the temple and scolded the priests for being greedy.

Not the only time. Just before he smashed up the temple, and overturned the money changers tables, and the benches of those selling doves,  he was angry with a fig tree because it didn't have figs,  he cursed it and killed it.  

he told it    '' May no one ever eat fruit from you again''.     And they didn't.   

Not the trees fault, it was out of season, he should have known this.  Did he destroy property that did not belong to him ?

On 10/20/2019 at 7:02 AM, mauGR1 said:

Lol, later i will search the fig tree bit, it is in some very dark and dusty corner of my memory.

1454864508_ScreenShot2019-10-23at08_11_41.png.ee664b929fb11fae0d5ed03e0dbe18d2.png1581497282_ScreenShot2019-10-23at07_48_40.png.1b855d9537fac7a2b5c0afdfb787047d.png

PS.      Just noticed Skeptic answered already.       

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Still interesting how people world wide joining a club, where there is obvious benefits for the right people, and not everyone. 

A club is only for those that want to join it, as are the benefits of joining a club. Why would anyone expect to benefit from a club if they don't join it?

So, if the Bible is true, Jesus brings a message and tells us to believe certain things and live in a certain way to gain paradise after death. Why should people that don't believe be able to have paradise after death? He even had something to say about that, but I'm not going to take the time to look it up. If interested can do that by self.

• Confused 1

A club is only for those that want to join it, as are the benefits of joining a club. Why would anyone expect to benefit from a club if they don't join it?

So, if the Bible is true, Jesus brings a message and tells us to believe certain things and live in a certain way to gain paradise after death. Why should people that don't believe be able to have paradise after death? He even had something to say about that, but I'm not going to take the time to look it up. If interested can do that by self.

Was it really necessary to torture people so they could gain admission to your "club", as happened in Central and South America by the Spanish? You'd think just spreading the word would have been enough. What about those tribes living deep in the Amazon who have never heard of JC, do they miss out on joining the club as well?

The club is for the jews only due to the old scripts, Jesus, was just a normal human, with god gifted talent for making people follow him. Jews have not accepted Jesus. So, who fools who? 

We can not deny there is something, but that something, have not left a user manual for us humans, I positive about that, and 100% sure that this thing, or power have left his demands and love for us, except the beautiful, dangerous and wild nature that surrounds us, and have brought us here where we are today. 

If god left us the user manual 6000 years ago, and 2000 years ago, he would updated it, wouldnt you think so? 

We should have had XXXXXXXII about now or so? Thats the nature of good, always improves himselves trough evolution. 

According to the Bible, finding purpose in life is perhaps the greatest human quest.  It is a theme in any stage of life, largely because our specific purposes may change – or at least be carried out differently – in different seasons of life.

Thankfully, believers can rest in the fact that their lives do have purpose.  God created us with intent, He knows His plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11Ephesians 2:10), and He is eager to reveal Himself to us.  He desires that we know Him, that we enjoy Him, that we witness about Him, and that we live out our unique role in His Body.

I don't think any of the posters on this site is stupid.  It's hard to see Gods work in the middle of a cesspool like Bangkok, but the next time you people visit the countryside or any of the Islands, you can clearly see nature just didn't happen on its own.  Think about DNA in all living things.  No one in their right mind can believe all this originated from some sort of organism in the middle of a mud puddle billions of years ago.

The Bible explains so many answers to your questions if you would just sit down and actually read what it says.  There are two facts of life you just can't deny.  God created us, all living things including the universe, and Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins.  This is not rocket science.

When you read Revelation in the Bible, it is clear we are living in the "end times."  Don't wait until its too late to put this puzzle together.

"John wrote Revelation while a prisoner on the Island of Patmos, approximately 85-95 A.D.  Its purpose is to give encouragement and hope for all Christians to continue watching for the return and triumph of the Lord Jesus Christ.  It also is to warn of the Final Judgment that nonbelievers will endure on that Last Day.

John wrote that Revelation is special because, “Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near” (1:3)."

There are interesting quotes in that Bible book.

Also in the Cinderella book :

Here a few :

"If there’s any chance to set things right, I simply got to try."

"Cause if you tell a wish, it won’t come true."

"I believe that animals listen and speak to us if we only have the ear for it. That’s how we learn to look after them."

"I know it isn’t easy, but at least we should try to get along together."

"Above all: self control."

"I have to tell you a secret that will see you through all the trials that life can offer. Have courage and be kind."

"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep."

"When there is kindness, there is goodness."

32 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

No one in their right mind can believe all this originated from some sort of organism in the middle of a mud puddle billions of years ago.

That mud pit would have been infested by dna coming from other old civilations around in the universe, and by time, luck and coincidenses unknow to us, finely create the life we see today. 

There are so much we do not know about the space and where everything comes from, but we know water comes with asteroides, carrying dna after impacts with other planets with life, as parts of earth is circulating the galaxy and universe after great impacts here, and will finely infest other planets again. 

and this will continue with or without gods help for the eternity. And our afterlife will be that we are resirculated. 

Many things said in the bible is true, but one of the most truest I find, is "from dust to dust"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tagged said:

Am reminded of the Dave Allen Joke... 

A man dies, and goes to heaven, when he gets there he’s overwhelmed as the place is vast, but then an angel appears, offering help. 

“Are you lost?” asks the angel. “Let me show you round.”  So, they go for a walk.

“This is the Sikh area,” the angel tells him. “And this is where the Hindus are. Over there are the Jews, and in that corner are the Anglicans.”

Finally, he lowers his voice to a whisper, and says: “And now we’ll just tip-toe past this room, which is where the Catholics are.”

The man is confused: why the need for hush?

“Well, they think they’re the only ones in here,” says the angel.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

There are two facts of life you just can't deny.  God created us, all living things including the universe, and Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins.  This is not rocket science.

If they are both facts, show me the proof, and I don't mean more endless quotes from the bible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If they are both facts, show me the proof, and I don't mean more endless quotes from the bible.

Still possible a god, whatever that is, did create the whole thing. But who created the creator, thats the biggest question of all

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Possible isn't a fact.

Well, I did not claim it as a fact, and since we can not prove it, doesnt mean we should exclude such a thing or power. 

But, since the treadstarter just claimed he did not thing people here is stupid, then, he should look a little bit more in to that book, and ask himselves, why someone made this book, and never updated it trough the time, as nature do. Nature adopt to changes, then, I guess that is one of gods laws, being adoptable to new challenges, and nature is perfect.

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Well, I did not claim it as a fact, and since we can not prove it, doesnt mean we should exclude such a thing or power. 

But, since the treadstarter just claimed he did not thing people here is stupid, then, he should look a little bit more in to that book, and ask himselves, why someone made this book, and never updated it trough the time, as nature do. Nature adopt to changes, then, I guess that is one of gods laws, being adoptable to new challenges, and nature is perfect.

Perhaps you should have read what I was responding to, cmnightrider quoted both god's existence and that Jesus died for our sins as facts. I asked him to prove it, not you.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Perhaps you should have read what I was responding to, cmnightrider quoted both god's existence and that Jesus died for our sins as facts. I asked him to prove it, not you.

Ai, have a good day sir, 

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

Was it really necessary to torture people so they could gain admission to your "club", as happened in Central and South America by the Spanish? You'd think just spreading the word would have been enough. What about those tribes living deep in the Amazon who have never heard of JC, do they miss out on joining the club as well?

Not read any of my previous posts then?

Those men torturing etc were NOT part of the club. They were making the locals join a religion, which has little if anything to do with belief. Go to church, pray, give money to the priest, go home and carry on sinning- that's not belonging to the club.

Seems that no matter how many times I point out the difference between faith and religion, there's always another poster confusing them.

To have faith ( joining the club ) it is NOT necessary to join a religion. All the instructions on how to join the club are in the Bible. No need for men in funny hats to tell us how. No need for churches even.

• Like 1

Over the past 210 pages I've often referenced how I find "God" in nature- a beautiful sunset, a starry starry sky, a lovely rural scene etc.

I find I've refined that belief somewhat.

I used to think that God made the beautiful sunsets for us, but I was wrong. A sunset is just a sunset, a starry sky is just a starry sky. They are the result of natural phenomenon creating a scene that is just what it is, no more no less than a natural occurrence, but we don't see animals lining up to watch the sun go down, like humans on West Railay ( the most beautiful sunsets ever ) do. To them sunsets are nothing out of the ordinary. Not worth cows stopping eating grass to look at.

What I now believe is that the creator gave US the ability to appreciate beauty. We were given a bigger brain and more intelligence than other animals, so we could see beauty in the world that existed, not that the world was created beautiful for us. We are just passing through for as long as Gaia will allow us to be here, but we were created to be able to love, which is an emotion animals don't have. Of course animals do things which humans think means they love us, but dogs do what they do to get fed, not because they "love" us.

So IMO we were created with ability to appreciate beauty and to love, but sadly humans have failed to live up to the expectations of the creator, with our wars, our cruelty, our destruction of all that is good in the world. We breed to the extent of destroying the very environment that supports us.

IMO, if the creator actually thinks about us at all, he/ she/ it must be thinking that it's time to start over. we were given a beautiful planet, and the ability to love, and we blew it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All the instructions on how to join the club are in the Bible.

So you will take instructions from a book that says "God made the heavens and the Earth in 6 days, 6000 years ago"

@CMNightRider, you continue to bring up DNA in your posts.  So, assuming the possibility of 'intelligent design', what makes you think, and what proof do you have, that the 'God' of the Bible is the 'God' that created life; ie DNA?

I can't believe my sweet little Thai friend is going to rot in hell...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frantick said:

@CMNightRider, you continue to bring up DNA in your posts.  So, assuming the possibility of 'intelligent design', what makes you think, and what proof do you have, that the 'God' of the Bible is the 'God' that created life; ie DNA?

Based on your post...she's not gonna burn alone! :vampire:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, frantick said:

You do not appear to believe in the existence of "God", so how can you believe in hell?

Hell can't exist unless there is a heaven, and for there to be a heaven there has to be "God".

Who said that the god in the Bible is the only depiction of the creator?

"God" can appear in many forms.

Jesus said "there are many rooms in my father's house".