Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

21 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Hehe, I must laugh, Abraham family warship the same god, the same basics jews, christians and muslims believe in. One god with paradise and hell. 

That was not my question you just answered, but I do not believe in a heavenly paradise or hellfire after death. I believe hell and paradise is now, right here and now, and it is up to you to do something about it for yourself to make it the best you can where you are and with what you have.

I don't believe in YAHWEH or ALLAH. I believe in GOD and Jesus Christ

Heaven and hell is here on earth, and in the afterlife.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

I don't believe in YAHWEH or ALLAH. I believe in GOD and Jesus Christ

I suggest you go back to school then! Cant help you when you can not see, or understand same meaning of man made words, different dialects and different languages. 

Same blood different veins thats all

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Religion is a relic of a primitive era of ignorance, when appeal to supernatural forces helped maintain stability, establish some form of unity, enforce moral codes and give a troubled people a sense of order. Religion has not only outlived its utility, but has also caused so much harm to civilisation and is continuing to cause more harm.

Christianity has been responsible for several evils throughout history: the brutal inquisitions, destruction of native civilisations  institutionalised antisemitism, persecution, torture and execution of blasphemers, pagans, Jews and any other opposition, suppression of scientific inquiry, forced conversions, misogyny in the form of witch hunts, exploitation of the third world. Even today, Christianity is associated with undermining secular laws, attempting to enforce christian values in public education, distorting scientific education, etc. 

Islam has many additional features which make it a uniquely threatening political force today (like Christianity might have been centuries ago). This is because it is rigid and dogmatic, has a megalomaniacal prophet of questionable character, a fascist scripture apologetically hateful towards non-believers, a violent and intolerant history, and in modern times, a resistance to criticism, reform and assimilation with other cultures, attempts at subverting modern laws in favour of draconian religious laws even in immigrant communities, and context for incitement to terrorism and bloodshed. 

Christianity and the Church are the pillars of Western Civilization. You're post is an attack on all three. You have been demoralized with Marxist critical culture. Christianity and the Church was the opposition to Science and Big Government. Now with science and big government going unchecked we risk ending up in a global tyrannical dictatorship that will make the CCP look like boy scouts.

We could use some Spanish Inquisition today 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I suggest you go back to school then! Cant help you when you can not see, or understand same meaning of man made words, different dialects and different languages. 

I do not pray for mass murdering gods and pedophiles.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

Adequate thinking for a believer of God & Jesus. 

I experienced, and experience, good and bad things here. 

I can not tell if there is an afterlife, with a heaven  and a hell, 

so far. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tagged said:

It isn't necessary to go back to school to try and understand anything more. All that is necessary is those beliefs

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tagged said:

You are trolling now aint you?

Good try

No, I'm dead serious. YAHWEH, the GOD in the 1st Testament is a mass murdering psychopath. Prophet Mohamed was a pedophile. Maybe you should do some reading.

4 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

No, I'm dead serious. YAHWEH, the GOD in the 1st Testament is a mass murdering psychopath. Prophet Mohamed was a pedophile. Maybe you should do some reading.

Maybee you need to open your mind and eyes, and hopefully more will follow for a better world with less hate and violence. 

Maybe we all reach Nirvana one day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yodsak said:

Religion is a relic of a primitive era of ignorance, when appeal to supernatural forces helped maintain stability, establish some form of unity, enforce moral codes and give a troubled people a sense of order. Religion has not only outlived its utility, but has also caused so much harm to civilisation and is continuing to cause more harm.

Do you see "religion" in the headline? Some of us are discussing the topic which is belief in "God". Some are still talking about other things.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you see "religion" in the headline? Some of us are discussing the topic which is belief in "God". Some are still talking about other things.

With Religious people religion is formed

With religion god came

God comes with rules that shapes religions ????

• Confused 2

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry if I insist.

Although all thinking people can agree that belief in God and belief in religion are 2 completely different mindsets.(is "mindset" the right word ? Feel free to correct me)

Well, discussing God without discussing religion, from countless points of view, is not exactly an easy task, but of course you can try.

More broadly, I think that God is everything, thus everything is related to god, one way or another, hence, there can be nothing "off topic" in this thread.

@luckyluke, just in case is not clear, this is just my humble opinion ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Sorry if I insist.

Although all thinking people can agree that belief in God and belief in religion are 2 completely different mindsets.(is "mindset" the right word ? Feel free to correct me)

Well, discussing God without discussing religion, from countless points of view, is not exactly an easy task, but of course you can try.

More broadly, I think that God is everything, thus everything is related to god, one way or another, hence, there can be nothing "off topic" in this thread.

The point I was making, and I'm sure you know it, is that some posters come on and do a rant about religion that is nothing to do with God. Attacking religion because of what bad people in religion do is not proof that God does not exist, and the topic is surely about whether God exists or not?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Sorry if I insist.

And before the word god existed, who did invent the word? And when the concept god was created, was it a religion or? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

just in case is not clear, this is just my humble opinion

As mentioned before,  this thread is all together about opinions,

and about,  yes or not, believe someone's word, when he claims something. 

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The point I was making, and I'm sure you know it, is that some posters come on and do a rant about religion that is nothing to do with God. Attacking religion because of what bad people in religion do is not proof that God does not exist, and the topic is surely about whether God exists or not?

I am sure you and few others have a clear view of the countless facets of what we call religion.

While the abuse of religion from evil people for their own gains is undeniable, we cannot ignore the contribution of religion to culture and knowledge in our history.

Well, honestly I get a bit irritated when some people see only one side of the things, it's fair to acknowledge the fact that everything has positives and negatives, and everything can be observed from different points of view.

For some, I may just stating the obvious, still, I have sadly to admit, that most people are not able to spot the countless paradoxes and contradictions which exist between what we "call good and bad ".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

what we "call good and bad ".

I have my opinion and my ways, but accept there are other opinions and ways =

good. 

My opinion and ways are the only true and right ones=

bad. 

5 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

As mentioned before,  this thread is all together about opinions,

and about,  yes or not, believe someone's word, when he claims something. 

Well, I have to admit myself that a non-opinion can be considered an opinion, so from a philosophical point of view, I agree with what you say.

Dante, which is regarded as a giant of literature, in his " the divine comedy" had nonetheless a less kind opinion of those who avoid to take a position, and act accordingly.

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I have my opinion and my ways, but accept there are other opinions and ways =

good. 

My opinion and ways are the only true and right ones=

bad. 

Well, so I guess that even thieves and murdererers in theory have the right to their opinions, as it's been asked for thousands of centuries, how tolerant can we be with the intolerant ? The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind".

( I regard Bob Dylan as a biblical prophet )

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have no idea what you mean.

It should be quite obvious.

Before god was a concept, or even a word, you obvious had people with some kind of concious? They made or named something we call god or gods today. Right? 

Then they started to seek out, systematize their feelings, their views and their belief. No god no religion? No religion no god?

so stick your heads together and get more collective confused about my postings ????

Edited by Tagged

3 hours ago, Tagged said:

With Religious people religion is formed

With religion god came

God comes with rules that shapes religions ????

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

I do not see your point? 

can you eloborate

Sure.

Religion didn't start because some people were looking for an effective way to control others. 
Religions started as a way to organize direct experiences of the divine for the benefit of those who have not had that experience (yet).
{This is not simply my opinion, but is a notion found in many books about the history of religion.}

God has and will always be there, whether there are people perceiving "him/her/it" or not.

The rules you seem to talk about were not made by God, but by men speaking on "his" behalf, or so they thought.

From what I can see, God only has one rule: Love will bring you closer to him, fear will do the opposite.

The problem with religion, and I have said this a few times already, is that it can easily be corrupted due to the lack of new, direct personal experiences. Do you know that children's game where a group of kids sit in a long line? One whispers a sentence in another kid's ear, and it gets passed on one by one. The sentence at the end of the line is always very different from the one at the beginning.

It's the same way with spiritual experiences. Jesus said and meant one thing, today it's been distorted into "Jesus hates fags" or something like that. Or "I am the way, the truth and the life"...for some it means there is no other way and no other truth.

That's why daily practice, the direct experience of the divine, is a fundamental and essential part of truly understanding the topic at hand. 
It's simple really....do you want to be the first or the last in line to hear the sentence?

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tagged said:

It should be quite obvious.

Before god was a concept, or even a word, you obvious had people with some kind of concious? They made or named something we call god or gods today. Right? 

Then they started to seek out, systematize their feelings, their views and their belief. No god no religion? No religion no god?

so stick your heads together and get more collective confused about my postings ????

To paraphrase Mark Twain, who can't be accused of being a bigot :

" I've never seen so much confusion expressed with so few words". ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Sure.

Religion didn't start because some people were looking for an effective way to control others. 
Religions started as a way to organize direct experiences of the divine for the benefit of those who have not had that experience (yet).
{This is not simply my opinion, but is a notion found in many books about the history of religion.}

God has and will always be there, whether there are people perceiving "him/her/it" or not.

The rules you seem to talk about were not made by God, but by men speaking on "his" behalf, or so they thought. 

The problem with religion, and I have said this a few times already, is that it can easily be corrupted due to the lack of new, direct personal experiences. Do you know that children's game where a group of kids sit in a long line? One whispers a sentence in another kid's ear, and it gets passed on one by one. The sentence at the end of the line is always very different from the one at the beginning.

It's the same way with spiritual experiences. Jesus said and meant one thing, today it's been distorted into "Jesus hates fags" or something like that. Or "I am the way, the truth and the life"...for some it means there is no other way and no other truth.

That's why daily practice, the direct experience of the divine, is a fundamental and essential part of truly understanding the topic at hand. 
It's simple really....do you want to be the first or the last in line to hear the sentence?

And in the end, the blind and deaf lead the blind the deaf

In the end, religion hav benefitted me and my lifestyle even I do not believe in man made religion. So I can not really complain, even I know its wrong. I mean the wealth and consuming I have done during my life. 

should we feel guilty? I did for a long time of my life, but discovering And understand the nature and The natures law, saved me for the pain rest of my life

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

To paraphrase Mark Twain, who can't be accused of being a bigot :

" I've never seen so much confusion expressed with so few words". ????

Thats you and them about that! And you can not prove me wrong ????

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Thats you and them about that! And you can not prove me wrong ????

Nothing wrong about confusion, it's a common state of affairs, and i find it funny in moderate doses.

Yet the truth is clear and transparent, and confusion is the opposite ☺