Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Prove god then

Tooth fairy stuff

The proof is in the existence of the intelligent design. 

Methinks you should look more often to the nature, and then it will be obvious. 

You can say the big bang, the nature happened "by chance", from a pool of mud, but, would you really believe it ?

• Like 1

Just now, mauGR1 said:

The proof is in the existence of the intelligent design. 

Methinks you should look more often to the nature, and then it will be obvious. 

You can say the big bang, the nature happened "by chance", from a pool of mud, but, would you really believe it ?

So you have no proof.

19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

The fact that the existence of God cannot be proven doesn't mean a thing.

In the same way, ants and flies cannot prove the existence of humans. 

Once you see the order of the universe, you can think that it happened by chance, but that would be un-scientific. 

"I don't know " , that's closer to the truth. 

There seems to be an intelligent design at work, definitely, and whatever you want to call it is your choice. 

There is not a shred of evidence for the existence of god any more than for pixies and the tooth fairy  - there have been about 4000 in total so not good odds you’ve even picked the right one !

" I don’t know " is no sound reason for giving any credence to an unsubstantiated belief . I refer you to 'Russell’s teapot ' for the schoolboy error often used ' you can’t prove god doesn’t exist'.

I’ll leave you to look it up if you don’t know Russell’s teapot.

https://www.aclu.org/other/frequently-asked-questions-about-intelligent-design#:~:text=A%3A Intelligent design (ID),designed by a supernatural entity.

: Intelligent design (ID) is a pseudoscientific set of beliefs based on the notion that life on earth is so complex that it cannot be explained by the scientific theory of evolution and therefore must have been designed by a supernatural entity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

https://www.aclu.org/other/frequently-asked-questions-about-intelligent-design#:~:text=A%3A Intelligent design (ID),designed by a supernatural entity.

: Intelligent design (ID) is a pseudoscientific set of beliefs based on the notion that life on earth is so complex that it cannot be explained by the scientific theory of evolution and therefore must have been designed by a supernatural entity.

It's pseudoscience only in the mind of the brainwashed by the materialistic propaganda, which apparently you seem to enjoy ????

Science is relentless research, not an array of dogmas. 

• Like 2

Is ID a scientific theory?
A: No. A scientific theory must be testable and based on observable evidence. A scientific theory makes predictions about occurrences in the natural world that can then be tested through scientific experimentation. ID makes no predictions and cannot be scrutinized using the scientific method. So although proponents of ID couch their views in scientific terms, their assertion that ID is a scientific theory is false.

Communicate your emotions.

Talk to the other person and explain why you feel the way you feel. Explain why you felt the need to win the argument and how you feel about the situation overall. Even if you know you're wrong, it doesn't invalidate your emotions.

source Wikihowtowinanargumentevenyouknowyouarewrong

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Is ID a scientific theory?
A: No. A scientific theory must be testable and based on observable evidence. A scientific theory makes predictions about occurrences in the natural world that can then be tested through scientific experimentation. ID makes no predictions and cannot be scrutinized using the scientific method. So although proponents of ID couch their views in scientific terms, their assertion that ID is a scientific theory is false.

Who said that ID is a scientific theory?

In my opinion ID is more likely than the big bang and the pool of mud though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sunmaster said:

The Big Bang is not a scientific fact either. It's only a theory

It is a theory based on known science. It could be wrong but has some basis in science. God is a theory based on faith, no science. Same as belief in ghosts 

In 500 years humans will known a lot more about science yet there will still be no proof of god.

Hell NO! (sic)

All religions have been developed to control the masses - and especially in the case of Christianity, give them something to look forward to after their mundane existence ends.

Blind faith is for those who are unable to question things , and are happy to believe that the inexplicable has been created/invented by some 'higher force'. 

Most(all?) religions are just another business.

I have faith in my football team. I know they do not always win - but I know that they are the best team. You could not convince me to follow any other team. 

Same thing really I suppose...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Some people believe in ghosts. Same thing. Just an opinion.

Supernatural entities exist, and most people flatly refuse to acknowledge them. I can understand why, and i have no problem with it.

Can I prove it ? No, I'm not even interested. 

There are things that exist though, you just can't see them with your physical eyes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

The Big Bang is not a scientific fact either. It's only a theory

Gravity is a theory too...      Maybe that is not correct either?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

It is a theory based on known science. It could be wrong but has some basis in science. God is a theory based on faith, no science. Same as belief in ghosts 

In 500 years humans will known a lot more about science yet there will still be no proof of god.

Science has only recently started to take a closer look at the connections between consciousness and mystical experiences. What they have found so far is very encouraging though. I recommend looking into that and I believe you will find that your statement is not correct.

Edited by Sunmaster

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You attack people for disagreeing with your opinions. 

Oh, poor baby ????

Well, I thought you were enjoying the conversation, sorry for causing you pain. 

• Haha 1