Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

How do you know what to believe? Most of my families are JW's and on top of that, they preach throughout most of the world. They have given so much to others over the years in there missionary work, it is astounding. You see, the big problem I see is everyone is fighting between each other saying there religion is the one true faith and with some, you just die and wait for the resurrection that is to come but for others, you die and go to heaven or hell. To me, it is all just so confusing and I hate others telling me what I must do - believe one faith and go to heaven or believe another faith and go to hell.

I wish they would get it all together. I am only one of three members in my family that are not in the faith and that is the major reason why. With other faiths fighting between each other, to me, that is not God's plan at all. Just all made up words and not much else. 

1 minute ago, totally thaied up said:

How do you know what to believe? Most of my families are JW's and on top of that, they preach throughout most of the world. They have given so much to others over the years in there missionary work, it is astounding. You see, the big problem I see is everyone is fighting between each other saying there religion is the one true faith and with some, you just die and wait for the resurrection that is to come but for others, you die and go to heaven or hell. To me, it is all just so confusing and I hate others telling me what I must do - believe one faith and go to heaven or believe another faith and go to hell.

I wish they would get it all together. I am only one of three members in my family that are not in the faith and that is the major reason why. With other faiths fighting between each other, to me, that is not God's plan at all. Just all made up words and not much else. 

It's all made up, and JW's are probably the daftest....Let a babe die if it needs a transfusion because a JW bloke reckons that is the "books" meaning on blood....Now come on.....????

1 minute ago, transam said:

It's all made up, and JW's are probably the daftest....Let a babe die if it needs a transfusion because a JW bloke reckons that is the "books" meaning on blood....Now come on.....

My wife needed a blood transfusion when she was 17 after a major accident. When we told them she has had a transfusion, I was looked at with disdain and that is 15 years later. I am constantly given books and they do not ever stop trying to convert me. Very hard to be a non- JW in a Witness based family.

• Like 2

There is only one sin that can’t be forgiven, and that is the sin of rejecting Him and refusing His offer of forgiveness and new life in Jesus Christ.  This alone is the unforgivable sin, because it means we are saying that the Holy Spirit’s witness about Jesus is a lie (see Luke 12:10).

Why is it so serious to reject Christ?  The reason, is because of who He was.  He wasn’t just another religious teacher; He was God in human flesh—but when we deny this, we limit Him and assume He is unable to save us.  The Bible is clear: “No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known” (John 1:18).

The main reason why it’s so serious to reject Christ, is because He is God’s appointed means of salvation.  Our greatest need is to have our sins forgiven; if we don’t, we have no reason to expect God to welcome us into Heaven.  But by His death and resurrection Christ provided the way for us to be forgiven and cleansed of all our sins.

Don’t turn your back on Christ or refuse His offer of forgiveness.  Instead, by a simple prayer of faith ask Him to come into your life today—and He will.  Think of it:  Before you go to bed tonight, you can know that God has forgiven every sin you ever committed! Commit your life to Christ without delay.

Heaven or Hell, it's your choice.  You have until your last breath to choose.

It’s really amazing that some posters (like the one above) are so full of it.. In my opinion this world is not theirs and they try to escape by believing in untouchable alien forms. To make it convenient they give this a human form.
I believe in other people, in science and in myself. I believe we are not unique in having some intelligence. The universe is too big to exclude this thought. We are basically apes with a lucky mutation which makes is a little bit more intelligent than other animals. This makes us maybe special on this planet but for sure not the king of the universe. Believing in a god is superstition, just imagine how an alien life form would evaluate us, killing each other because of religion, praying to the unknown..
Acting as many do because of a book written more than 2000years ago? We have a long way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CMNightRider said:

The Bible says, the only sin God can’t forgive is the sin of rejecting Christ.  Why reject Him any longer?  God’s promise is for you: “Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:18). 

Where did "John" get that message from...?

I only have disdain for a religion which has 10 directives (Called Commandemts) which only placed :

"You must not commit murder"

on the 6th. place;

but putting :

"You shall have no order gods than me"

on the first place. 

14 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

"Believe" being the key word, since there is no evidence

The Bible contains hundreds of detailed prophecies relating to the future of individual nations including Israel, certain cities, and mankind.  Other prophecies concern the coming of One who would be the Messiah, the Savior of all who would believe in Him. Unlike the prophecies found in other religious books or those by men such as Nostradamus, biblical prophecies are extremely detailed.  There are over three hundred prophecies concerning Jesus Christ in the Old Testament.  Not only was it foretold where He would be born and His lineage, but also how He would die and that He would rise again.  There simply is no logical way to explain the fulfilled prophecies in the Bible other than by divine origin.  There is no other religious book with the extent or type of predictive prophecy that the Bible contains.

5 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The Bible says, the only sin God can’t forgive is the sin of rejecting Christ.  Why reject Him any longer?  God’s promise is for you: “Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:18). 

But we have so many different interruptions. No religion is the same and what is preached and what is believed. Most religions say the same thing  “Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:18) yet no two religions agree on heaven or hell or of a resurrection of life after death. How can there be any truth to this all if nothing is agreed upon in the Bible via all the main religions? I thought God should have sorted all that out and not have several main religions all fighting and killing themselves over it all.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

C'mon man fess up! You're the dude that used to be at the entrance to NEP!!! He was always spouting off batshit crazy nonsense...same as you! 

Guess you resurrected in CM! ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CMNightRider said:

He got the message from Jesus.  John was one of Jesus Christ’s twelve disciples.  John claims to be an eyewitness account of Jesus’ life and words.

Claims.....????

Humans have created various methods of ensuring an 'afterlife' since they became sentient.  Religions and that also means 'gods' of various kinds are the result.

Have you any idea of how many religions there are?  Over three thousand!

How can they all be right? How can any be right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

There is only one sin that can’t be forgiven, and that is the sin of rejecting Him and refusing His offer of forgiveness and new life in Jesus Christ.  This alone is the unforgivable sin, because it means we are saying that the Holy Spirit’s witness about Jesus is a lie (see Luke 12:10).

Why is it so serious to reject Christ?  The reason, is because of who He was.  He wasn’t just another religious teacher; He was God in human flesh—but when we deny this, we limit Him and assume He is unable to save us.  The Bible is clear: “No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known” (John 1:18).

The main reason why it’s so serious to reject Christ, is because He is God’s appointed means of salvation.  Our greatest need is to have our sins forgiven; if we don’t, we have no reason to expect God to welcome us into Heaven.  But by His death and resurrection Christ provided the way for us to be forgiven and cleansed of all our sins.

Don’t turn your back on Christ or refuse His offer of forgiveness.  Instead, by a simple prayer of faith ask Him to come into your life today—and He will.  Think of it:  Before you go to bed tonight, you can know that God has forgiven every sin you ever committed! Commit your life to Christ without delay.

Heaven or Hell, it's your choice.  You have until your last breath to choose.

Why not "turn your back on Christ and refuse his forgiveness". It is a waste of time to believe in nonsense. How about doing something nice for your neighbor, volunteer for a good cause in your community , or give some money to a Charity? I'd rather pledge my allegiance to the The Beast and dare "god" to strike me down, just to separate myself from the herd of the bleating and sanctimonious most of them hypocrites. Not that it would make any difference, just more nonsense. Shemhamforash- HAIL SATAN!

2400.jpg

Edited by Date Masamune
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Date Masamune said:

Why not "turn your back on Christ and refuse his forgiveness". It is a waste of time to believe in nonsense. How about doing something nice for your neighbor, volunteer for a good cause in your community , or give some money to a Charity? I'd rather pledge my allegiance to the The Beast and dare "god" to strike me down, just to separate myself from the herd of the bleating and sanctimonious most of them hypocrites. Not that it would make any difference, just more nonsense. Shemhamforash- HAIL SATAN!

2400.jpg

Why on earth would you make such a ridicules comment.  Jesus called Satan a “murderer” and the “father of lies” (Matthew 8:44) who comes to “steal, kill and destroy” (John 10:10).  While the devil lies and kills, the Bible tells us Jesus is “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

The Bible contains hundreds of detailed prophecies relating to the future of individual nations including Israel, certain cities, and mankind.  Other prophecies concern the coming of One who would be the Messiah, the Savior of all who would believe in Him. Unlike the prophecies found in other religious books or those by men such as Nostradamus, biblical prophecies are extremely detailed.  There are over three hundred prophecies concerning Jesus Christ in the Old Testament.  Not only was it foretold where He would be born and His lineage, but also how He would die and that He would rise again.  There simply is no logical way to explain the fulfilled prophecies in the Bible other than by divine origin.  There is no other religious book with the extent or type of predictive prophecy that the Bible contains.

Here's one you would rather not have.... yeah God is Great ????

Why did Lot offer up his daughters to be gang raped? Why did God allow Lot's daughters to later have sex with their father?

https://www.gotquestions.org/Lots-daughters.html

• Like 1

My dad and his priests told me it was OK if I killed women and little innocent children in Vietnam because it kept his factories running and the money going into the priests bank accounts for their lavish lifestyle.  This sounded funny to me so I got a second and third opinion from godly people outside of America and they all said about the same thing, that those commies were godless people and it was OK to kill em.  I ended up asking a bunch of people and most said it was OK to kill those folks who didn't believe in the one true god.  Kind of like the fellows on the news who cut off peoples heads and make videos of it while shouting allah something or other.  Buddha left his wife and kids for some kind of power trip.  I think they are all a bit nutty.  The people who don't want you to believe in a god will kill you too like Stalin and Mao.  Either side of the equation is filled with folks trying to kill each other.   

Hard to win in any belief system.  My higher power this year is named Poppy.  Last year it was Lek and before that Noi.  

Edited by marcusarelus

21 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Why on earth would you make such a ridicules comment.  Jesus called Satan a “murderer” and the “father of lies” (Matthew 8:44) who comes to “steal, kill and destroy” (John 10:10).  While the devil lies and kills, the Bible tells us Jesus is “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6).

Here's the kill count...directly from your "Holey" Book. 

Satan             10 (ten) 

Yahweh (God) 24,000,000 

(24 MILLION! ) ????

https://m.news24.com/MyNews24/God-vs-Satan-Natural-Born-Killers-20120626

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, ThaiBunny said:

"Believe" being the key word, since there is no evidence

It's called faith, and it's no different from believing in romantic love, which IMO is the biggest con ever. It's lust till the child is born and then the genetics kick in to keep the man hanging around. At least till the woman decides she doesn't need him any more, just his money and worldly goods.

Sooooo, if one believes in romantic love, IMO one is as gullible as the non believers think believers are.

21 hours ago, nikmar said:

it sounds like im being daft, but Im serious. When i was a kid, my cat died and I was devastated. My Mother comforted me by saying she would go to heaven. People who lose a beloved pet talk about rainbow bridges etc. So if pets go to heaven and we meet up with them in the afterlife, they must have a soul. at what level do animals cease to have a soul and therefore dont go to Heaven. Does a pet rabbit go to Heaven. Do wild rabbits go to heaven. mice, rats, snakes, jing jok etc.

Like i said, its a serious thought, but at the same time, I do recognise that i should not drink in the afternoon.

Depends on what "heaven" is. No one has been there and come back to tell us about it, so it's all a big mystery.

Is Jesus God?

All four of the gospel writers give accounts of Jesus physically being alive again.  On one occasion when Jesus joined the disciples, Thomas was not there.  When they told Thomas about it, he simply wouldn't believe it.  He flatly stated, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

One week later, Jesus came to them again with Thomas now present.  Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side.  Stop doubting and believe." Thomas replied, "My Lord and my God!"

Jesus told him "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

• Confused 1