Can Send More Than 800K For Retirement Extension, For Use In Next Years?

In case that i use the 800K method for the retirement visa, can i send to the bank an amount larger than 800K, and

than use this amount in the folowing year?

for example, is i send 2 million baht, and spend 600K during the following year, so 

there are still left 1.4 million baht in the account - can still get the retirement visa

extention in the folowing year? and than year after that (based on the

TT payment of 2 million baht in the first year?

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

You can send and have any amount you want to as long it totlas to 800k baht or more for 2 months before the date you appy. The funds do not have to be transferred into the account during the year before you apply for the extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yeah, if 2 million THB is a lot of money to you.... keep it in an account which does not have an ATM or anything else. if anything but for simple peace of mind, and if you do that... you have nothing to worry about. it’s much safer to have money in Thai Baht...  given we have no idea what will happen to fix rates if we need more QE in USA or EU etc.

Edited by WeekendRaider

i am not worried about getting robbed or ATM fraud. 

i am worried about immigration officer telling me: "yes, you have

2 million baht in your account, but you transfered it last year.

now you must transfer "fresh" money, to top up this year 800K"

or something like that...

but i think ubonjoe answered the question.

hope it is right...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

even if you should lose the card for your living account and get robbed.

Lose your bank card and get robbed. That's the spirit.   The O/P should really be looking forward to retirement in Thailand now.

10 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i am not worried about getting robbed or ATM fraud. 

i am worried about immigration officer telling me: "yes, you have

2 million baht in your account, but you transfered it last year.

now you must transfer "fresh" money, to top up this year 800K"

or something like that...

but i think ubonjoe answered the question.

hope it is right...

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would you have to "transfer fresh money" if you have 2 million baht in the bank. Couldn't you just leave it from year to year?

40 minutes ago, Tedly said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would you have to "transfer fresh money" if you have 2 million baht in the bank. Couldn't you just leave it from year to year?

IOs used to complain people were not using the money to live on  and demanded to see account-activity - before they recently changed the rules to make living on the money impossible.

18 hours ago, Tedly said:

WELL this is my question. i heard on this board that IO's want to see movement in the

account, as if the applicant spend the money on living expenses...but than...others day it is ok

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

WELL this is my question. i heard on this board that IO's want to see movement in the

account, as if the applicant spend the money on living expenses...but than...others day it is ok

There is no requirement to use the money in the bank. But some offices will want some proof of the funds you are living on if you do not have movement of money in the bank. Showing another account with funds coming in and being used will satisfy them.

• Thanks 1