Will I be let back in

24 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The main difference between having a visa and entering visa exempt is the legal powers the officials have. With visa exempt entries, they were given the discretion back in 2014 to deny entry. When you have a visa, in theory you have already been qualified by the embassy to enter as a tourist. Some officials may ignore that, and abrogate your visa anyway, but a denied entry is significantly less likely.

Is there no chance of applying for a visa by mail, or visiting one of the honorary consulates for a visa while you wait?

As if the IO knows or cares about the legality.

2 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Chinese can go ?

it ok ?

Most Chinese come for a few days only, many of them are first time visitors and thus have no immigration record in Thailand that could be scrutinized by an IO upon arrival.

Chinese visitors who have a history as long-term tourists face at least the same level of scrutiny as Western tourists in the same situation, with the added complication that they can't just apply for SETVs in neighboring countries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Chinese visitors who have a history as long-term tourists face at least the same level of scrutiny as Western tourists in the same situation

You got a source for that or you're just guessing?

Because if i was to guess, I would say they don't get grilled, we would not want these negative stories we see here circulating on Weibo now, would we?

That would put a massive dent into the incoming flow from China.

30 minutes ago, lkv said:

Because if i was to guess, I would say they don't get grilled, we would not want these negative stories we see here circulating on Weibo now, would we?

That would put a massive dent into the incoming flow from China.

When I was denied they put me in detention with 3 others white guy and 3 chineses. There is more then 1 detention rooms. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lkv said:

I know two Chinese nationals who've tried what I and many other Westerners have been doing for many years. After a few SETVs issued in China, they were told no more (and they cannot just apply elsewhere). Then we've had reports of Chinese nationals refused a VOA and sent back at Bangkok airports. Much like us with visa exempt, apparently they cannot keep getting VOAs forever.

All that considered, I'm not surprised that I see more and more ads for ED visa for Chinese who want to spend more time in Thailand.

Edited by Caldera
Typo

16 hours ago, Caldera said:

All that considered, I'm not surprised that I see more and more ads for ED visa for Chinese who want to spend more time in Thailand

Etiquette and queuing schools? 

• Haha 2

I was planning to go to the Royal Thai Embassy on the Thursday and then fly out on the Friday. I found out I should be completing on 24th. Will I need proof of funds for the Royal Thai Embassy in London? because I won't have any money till the Friday I am about £3000 overdrawn at the moment which is my maximum by then it might have gone down a bit so I will have a overdraft left of £1000 but not in actual money.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, juice777 said:

Will I need proof of funds for the Royal Thai Embassy in London? because I won't have any money till the Friday

No you will not.

Required Documents

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days)

• A current passport with validity of over 6 months beyond the date of application and at least 2 blank pages
  • Visa application form completely filled out
  • Two (2) recent photos of the applicant

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html