Snake

• 2 weeks later...

I got same one in my garden, just had babies, here is a picture of the little one.they are much more colorful.It is Rhabdophis subminiatus

Rednecked Keelback and it has strong poison, but its not agresive, just make sure you don't step on it.

Alex

post-29121-1174307330_thumb.jpg

Here is a link to water snakes,and you can find out what it is,also on this site there is other snakes found in Thailand.

http://www.siam-info.de/english/snakes_non-poisonous.html

Why would anyone go to all the trouble of making a snake web page and then give it the wrong title? No, these snakes are non-VENOMOUS, not non-poisonous.

"this is a harmless snake.The pupil is round.By all kinds of Viper(Poison snake)the pupil is lenghtways." Um, another dangerous myth... and it's VENOMOUS not poisonous :o

Hy,this is a harmless snake.The pupil is round.By all kinds of Viper(Poison snake)the pupil is lenghtways.

Take a look on Photos.

Best regards

Waterbuffalofarm

Sorry but you are wrong, though it is not in the Viperidae family it is venomous. The Elapidea family (Cobra) have round pupils and are very dangerous.

Why would anyone go to all the trouble of making a snake web page and then give it the wrong title? No, these snakes are non-VENOMOUS, not non-poisonous.

Because we are not all native engrish spikkers. Whoever made that website is german, so he/she may have used the wrong terminology; still a nice snake reference.

Anyway, I haven't seen that snake since I took the pic so he is either gone or hiding somewhere.

Because we are not all native engrish spikkers. Whoever made that website is german, so he/she may have used the wrong terminology; still a nice snake reference.

Anyway, I haven't seen that snake since I took the pic so he is either gone or hiding somewhere.

Who cares lingling, they are bloody horrible so just kill it, that way dangers gone. As far as vermin control is concerned get a rat trap they catch more anyway than a once a month eating snake, bastard things especially around kids, kill them all.

Regards Ewelve

Who cares lingling, they are bloody horrible so just kill it, that way dangers gone. As far as vermin control is concerned get a rat trap they catch more anyway than a once a month eating snake, bastard things especially around kids, kill them all.

Regards Ewelve

You are joking, right?

Here is a link to water snakes,and you can find out what it is,also on this site there is other snakes found in Thailand.

http://www.siam-info.de/english/snakes_non-poisonous.html

"this is a harmless snake.The pupil is round.By all kinds of Viper(Poison snake)the pupil is lenghtways." Um, another dangerous myth... and it's VENOMOUS not poisonous :o

Pedantic! Since when was venom not poisonous? Venom is a poison, though a poison may not necessarily be venom.

Lingling, nobody tests a snake by its bite or how its eyes look, nobody takes a chance with a snake, big or small!! anyway, my missus wants to know your desicion if she is right or not, thankyou, Lickey..

okay folks what about this one then, I was watering a couple of years ago and spotted it in my fill I was going to move it out the way, but it was aggressive and rose up and hand a couple of lunges at me so unforunately I had to introduce it to a rather largs Scaffold pole RIP

post-32485-1174701944_thumb.jpg

Regards Ewelve

They look better when there head is missing,Where's that shovel when you need it,,

Lingling, nobody tests a snake by its bite or how its eyes look, nobody takes a chance with a snake, big or small!! anyway, my missus wants to know your desicion if she is right or not, thankyou, Lickey..

Of course I won't take any chances with a snake. But killing it as someone suggested would be a bit drastic.

I'm not sure but it doesn't look like a dog snake to me.

Notice that it only has black spots on the upper 1/3 of the body. It was a fast swimmer too.