7-11 Thai only ?

ginjag

33 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

Curious how much the Op would save on a monthly basis if he had the card? Or would it just influence him into purchasing discounted items that he otherwise would not?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Ridiculous post,  the money savings was not the topic, it was scheme that should not bar any customer,  OR the poster was Joking, or he couldn't think of a more silly answer.   FACT

The topic was being informative, but we always get the keyboard tinkler that cannot resist being OFF the point

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ridiculous post,  the money savings was not the topic, it was scheme that should not bar any customer,  OR the poster was Joking, or he couldn't think of a more silly answer.   FACT
The topic was being informative, but we always get the keyboard tinkler that cannot resist being OFF the point

Keyboard tinkled? Your response is to make up names??? Quite humorous actually.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

And you're just figuring it out that there is a huge racist streak here? 

Oh dear, I am no that dense, 39 years from the first time,  but was only aware of the said topic point last week, only a good friend in 7-11 pointed out the fact.  It is no big deal to me for scrimping to save 5 baht.  it was that it was another place that practices the racist thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, uhuh said:

If you don't shop at 7/11 anymore you will live a longer and healthier life.

Be grateful.

I return my Lazada purchases there and buy my organic yogurt.  Why would I live longer?  I pay my utility bill there.  Would I live longer if I didn't?  I buy my toothpaste there.  Would I live longer if I didn't brush?  I buy my deodorant there and bottled water.  Shouldn't I?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They usually don't even realize it's racism so if you complain about it you're the bad guy.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

SOMETIMES they not mean it --it's just easier because they need a Thai ID card. BUT they could have a passport or an I.D. driver licence so no excuse really.   entrance to National parks double entrants fee ??   they always did it, is the Thai excuse.

• Like 2

Seriously:

1. Almost all "food" that you can buy at 7/11 is not healthy. I cannot imagine that anybody doesn't know this. 

2. Many loyalty programs and similar things in Thailand are tied to the (Thai) ID card. This is not necessarily racist. Many organisations figure it is not worth the effort to run parallel programs in Chinese, English etc for people with different forms of ID, different format of names (Chinese,  Koreans: names have 3 parts, family name comes first; Indonesian allows for people with only one name)  and different script and language.

Actually,  many things here can be done with different form of ID and in many languages,  think of banking or AIS/true/DTAC. (In my home country,  they all would require the national language.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Seriously:

1. Almost all "food" that you can buy at 7/11 is not healthy. I cannot imagine that anybody doesn't know this. 

2. Many loyalty programs and similar things in Thailand are tied to the (Thai) ID card. This is not necessarily racist. Many organisations figure it is not worth the effort to run parallel programs in Chinese, English etc for people with different forms of ID, different format of names (Chinese,  Koreans: names have 3 parts, family name comes first; Indonesian allows for people with only one name)  and different script and language.

Actually,  many things here can be done with different form of ID and in many languages,  think of banking or AIS/true/DTAC. (In my home country,  they all would require the national language.)

They have chicken breast and sliced ham steak that's good.  The yogurt selection is twice that of Louts.  The bottled flavored waters are good and healthy.  They have steamed rice and many other things that are healthy.  As usual one must open eyes and look. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

Seriously:

!, total rubbish. Would love to know when you did your survey. Cannot imagine most people believing you. ( "ALL FOOD almost " )

• Like 1

I use the member card lots for promo stuff like Pepsi which for some time now has given 3 Baht discount for every 2 cans purchased up to max 20 cans per transaction. Also get purchase points which can be cashed or used to buy more stuff.

Cant imagine why 7 does not allow foreign passport ID in applications. Maybe its just too complicated and not worth the trouble to integrate another ID method.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

well, so what ? gonna save a satang or two over the course of a month ?

1 less beer will save you more

Don't drink alcohol, and you seam to have copied a previous poster with your Monthly saving rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Don't drink alcohol, and you seam to have copied a previous poster with your Monthly saving rubbish.

i have or at least had a member ship card on big c,

but guess what, i dont think its worth the effort looking through my card folder in my wallet to find out if i still do