1 more income method question

I have been out of Thailand for several months, have a OA visa with multiple extensions for retirement (USA citizen).  I have option to use extension for marriage but didn't like the extra paperwork.  Do not wish to put much cash into Thai banks, thus 65000 baht monthly seams reasonable., assuming  Problem is maybe I have now deposited anything in Bangkok bank, thinking I might I might have to remain in USA for health issues, now fine.  My renewal for extension in Jan 2020.  Is there some reference to how many months the 65000 monthly must be continuous?  I'm sure this has been covered  but the mass amount of info makes it dif to find.  (thx UBJoe) 

Edited by MiclB

It's hard to say. For the first year since they made the announcement they are supposed to be flexible and allow 2/3 moths of transfers. I suggest you start monthly transfers immediately and hope they will accept less than a year once you renew in Jan '20. If they don't you could get another 'O-A' visa from the US, and extend 1/2 years later, or exit/re-enter as a tourist, get a new 'O' visa from immigration and start the retirement process from scratch. That way they should allow only a few transfers.

My Retirement Visa renews in early October. When I met with CW Immigration in March, the supervisor told me I should have monthly deposits/transfers show up from March through September. I had already made one in March, before I even knew I would use the income method. She was not concerned about January or February, and I believe this was due to the recentness of the change. 

By the time you make your application, January 2020, the new requirements that were implemented to accommodate those who lost Embassy letters will be about a year old. There was an instruction for leniency in the first year, but that too will be 'expired'. That leaves the requirement as a minimum monthly 65.000 baht deposit from outside the country for a full 12 months.

Are you not able to consider obtaining a new Non-Imm OA while in the USA?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

By the time you make your application, January 2020, the new requirements that were implemented to accommodate those who lost Embassy letters will be about a year old. There was an instruction for leniency in the first year, but that too will be 'expired'. That leaves the requirement as a minimum monthly 65.000 baht deposit from outside the country for a full 12 months.

The leniency will still be in effect in January. Since the info about the new requirement were not formally announced until January. A person would had to be looking into a crystal ball to of done a transfer in January.

Also the OP might be applying in December instead of January if they applies 30 days early.

Assuming you have some history of qualifying foreign transfers you might consider going in December if that's possible when leniency might still be applied? Have you made any monthly qualifying transfers yet? 

I would think/hope that for a first extension, a pattern of qualifying transfers covering at least the previous three months would be sufficient? (I understand that the OP is not in this situation.) How could anyone be expected to start making transfers before they've even obtained any sort of visa which could be extended? 

Failing getting a new Non-Imm O-A in the U.S., you could enter on a TVE, convert in-country to a 90-day then extend that based on a reasonable history of qualifying foreign transfers?