Thai Airways over the counter ticket payment.

rutteketuut

Hi,

I'm planning to fly to my homecountry next month and want to book a ticket online with Thai Airways. Since I don't have a creditcard I'll have to pay for the ticket over the counter ( Tesco Lotus ) or at a Bangkok Atm machine. I read on their website after booking they send you an email, you got to print out and show at Tesco for payment ( problem: my printer is out of order ). They also send you sms on your mobile I suppose with barcode or QR code. Do I show this at the counter, they scan it and I pay the amount? Or is it easier to pay at a Atm machine; I have a savingsaccount at Bangkok Bank. Sorry, this is new to me but I'm learning.

Thanks all.

4 hours ago, mstevens said:

The Thai Airways branch on Silom Road, just a few minutes walk from the Chongnonsee BTS station is as good a place as any to buy a ticket.

Surely you'll get heavily stung on pricing.

Bought my ticket to Brussels one way in Pattaya Thai Airlines office today and it was not the same price as on their website. The lady told me it's 14145 baht, I told her 1 hour ago I checked on your webside  and it was 13735 baht. Then she told me I can give you 2% discount but cannot change fly date, I said no problem I fly on 24 May sure. So I paid 13865 baht not the same price as they show on their website. Ok whatever, it's a good price anyway and direct flight.

Thanks for your replies.

20 minutes ago, rutteketuut said:

Bought my ticket to Brussels one way in Pattaya Thai Airlines office today and it was not the same price as on their website. The lady told me it's 14145 baht, I told her 1 hour ago I checked on your webside  and it was 13735 baht. Then she told me I can give you 2% discount but cannot change fly date, I said no problem I fly on 24 May sure. So I paid 13865 baht not the same price as they show on their website. Ok whatever, it's a good price anyway and direct flight.

Thanks for your replies.

That wasn't the usual scam we experience when in Thailand.
Thai Airways has introduced a "ticketing service fee" on December 1st, 2018.
Only tickets booked via the Thai Airways website (and paid via credit card!) are NOT subject to that fee.
Fees start at 2 US$ for domestic travel and get up to 30 US$ for intercontinental travel, depending where the ticket was purchased.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/news_announcement/news_detail/ticket_fee.page?

Booked a ticket at Thai Airways Pattaya in January 2018 to Khon Kaen in person. A booking fee of 300 baht was charged on top of the advertised price. Before coming back, I asked my girlfriend to try booking tickets  with Thai Airways by telephone. They wanted an extra 500 baht per ticket. We declined and hopped in a taxi to the airport and bought them at the Thai Airways booth at normal price. Saved about 800 baht after taxi fare.

22 hours ago, potless said:

Booked a ticket at Thai Airways Pattaya in January 2018 to Khon Kaen in person. A booking fee of 300 baht was charged on top of the advertised price. Before coming back, I asked my girlfriend to try booking tickets  with Thai Airways by telephone. They wanted an extra 500 baht per ticket. We declined and hopped in a taxi to the airport and bought them at the Thai Airways booth at normal price. Saved about 800 baht after taxi fare.

I've found the price on Thai Smile's website is usually better than Thai Airways website for the same trip 

Archived