Picture emerges of well-to-do young bombers behind Sri Lankan carnage

webfact

6 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Radical Islam is one of the biggest and most open threats to modern society. They have a news agency. They have money. They have guns and high explosives. They are intent on killing and maiming ANYONE, women, children, innocents, bystanders, you name it, and they will do it by literally blowing themselves up just to get them.

And no-one did anything about it. Not the muslim community itself, and not the gov. 

Says alot about radicalization. 

They're not "well to do" anymore!!

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Details began to emerge in Sri Lanka on Wednesday of a band of nine, well-educated Islamist suicide bombers

Well-educated , but someone must have brain washed them (the Koran) , they actually believed they would reach Paradise where 72 virgins will be waiting for them by killing 359 "innocent" (wrong religion)  people. 

I blame it on low IQ and pure stupidity. 

We should be far more concerned about climate change and preserving our own species, rather than about who created the world (spoiler alert: it’s NOT the invisible man in the sky...) and whose god has the biggest dick. Mother Nature couldn’t care less about our idiotic obsession with religion and is already pushing countless species toward extinction. Hopefully we will follow within one or two generations.

39 minutes ago, balo said:

Well-educated , but someone must have brain washed them (the Koran) , they actually believed they would reach Paradise where 72 virgins will be waiting for them by killing 359 "innocent" (wrong religion)  people. 

I blame it on low IQ and pure stupidity. 

The IQ is fine.

People from all walks of life are subjected to 'mental manipulation', giving them very strange beliefs. Very smart Christians believe that a God waited for 100 million years or so while people were killing themselves on earth. So the solution was just to kill another one to save the others, killing his own son that is. In our world, this would be cause for hanging, not for celebration.

Some smart people believe that giving food and drinks to Buddha is a good thing to do. As if Buddha, who died a long time ago, might get thirsty or hungry. And so on.

'Mental manipulation' will go right through any IQ level.

But, the mental manipulation that some people are subjected to is just more horrifying than other types of mental manipulations...

10 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Well, I think when some can blame million of innocent people for the terror of a few, I think I can do the same just to expose how those far-right idiots are trying to exploit events like this for their own ideology. 

You're not listening. Or if you are, you are missing the message. A number of posters have rightly pointed out that it isn't a question of blaming the majority of Muslims for this appalling massacre (or all the others which have have happened and are happening worldwide), but the ideology of Islam.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Qoran, the hadith and the life of Muhammed (which is an exemplar for the lives ALL Muslims are expected to lead) before making silly and transparently simplistic comments about "right wing idiots".  

Archived