Thai baht lowest since January

webfact

Thai baht lowest since January

By The Thaiger

1200x800.jpg

The Thai baht has been Asia’s best-performing currency during Q1, 2019. But things appear to be losing momentum as the baht falls to its lowest since January.

The Thai baht weakened to as low as 32.035 per dollar, the lowest level since January 10th and falling through the psychological support of 32 baht in the US dollar.

Sentiment for the Thai currency has deteriorated as concerns linger over political stability after Thailand held its first general election on March 24 since the 2014 coup.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/business/thai-baht-lowest-since-january

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-26

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't make me laugh, the Thai baht will never fall as long as Thailand has its magicians as bankers.

Every other currency worldwide weakens, but the Thai baht will only be stronger, don't worry.

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

Baht will stay strong until the rich elites have finished investing overseas and moving their money out of Thailand. Then we will see a drop and they will repatriate it all so they can be even richer ... rinse & repeat.

Honey I'm going to the bank, where's my yellow shirt.

I have been visiting Thailand for 3 months every year for 17 years , I will not be going back again this year . I sold the house and land I had there and invested in my own country . It’s too expensive now ,it holds very little value for money . While western countries bleed money through social programmes thailand does not have any such problems so the economy is built on actual money and not borrowing to appease the peasants . The days of being the big man of the village (feeding sick buffaloes and sick parents) are well and truly over . 

10 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

I have been visiting Thailand for 3 months every year for 17 years , I will not be going back again this year . I sold the house and land I had there and invested in my own country . It’s too expensive now ,it holds very little value for money . While western countries bleed money through social programmes thailand does not have any such problems so the economy is built on actual money and not borrowing to appease the peasants . The days of being the big man of the village (feeding sick buffaloes and sick parents) are well and truly over . 

Good choice, because the Thai people really don't like you.

2 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Baht will stay strong until the rich elites have finished investing overseas and moving their money out of Thailand. Then we will see a drop and they will repatriate it all so they can be even richer ... rinse & repeat.

Shades of '97????

10 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

It’s too expensive now ,it holds very little value for money . While western countries bleed money through social programmes thailand does not have any such problems so the economy is built on actual money and not borrowing to appease the peasants . 

The economy is built on actual money: What about the household debt/gdp at 80% ? And that's only the official ratio.  Not including curbside borrowing.

15 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

One could only dream... basically cost of living for anyone bringing in money from overseas went up over 10% over the past few years.

From Scandinavia it went up 30% so you have nothing to worry about when saying only 10.

11 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Whats expensive?

12 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

The Rice Pledging Scheme. The general had his own welfare schemes to get votes. The 50 baht hospital visit. All government employees get free health care for their extended family. But wait there's more.

14 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Yes, otherwise known as transfer of wealth.

This is exactly how stock markets function.

Archived