Man admits slapping public bus conductress

rooster59

Man admits slapping public bus conductress

By Kornkamon Aksorndej 
The Nation

a150582c931231d207a4a998ecda34fd-sld.jpeg

Attawit Pannoi

A 33-year-old man on Saturday admitted he slapped a public bus conductress last week because he claimed she was rude, not out of anger over fare hikes.

Attawit Pannoi met with police at Bangkhen police station after Sone Jaipa, 54, a bus conductress of bus No 95 operating between Bangkhen and Ramkamhaeng complained to police that he hit her on the face.

The confrontation went viral after video footage from the camera on the bus was released. The footage showed Attawit arguing with Sone then hitting her.

Sone reported the incident to police on Monday, saying a man got on the bus on Ramindra Road and gave her Bt6.50.

Sone said she told him the fare had increased to Bt8 and the visibly upset passenger shouted: “You can ask me politely. I have the money to pay for the fare.” They then argued and he hit her across the face. 

Fares for public buses increased on Monday.

Attawit claimed that he was angry at Sone because she was rude when she told him the fares had increased.

“It was not true that I was angry about the hike of the bus fares. I admitted that I hit her. I wanted to apologise to her for violence on a woman of her age,” he said.

He claimed he gave Sone the additional money but she did not give him a ticket. “So, I told her I would count from one to three and that I will hit her if she refused to give me the ticket. She failed to do what I told her, so I attacked her,” he said.

He said he was wrong for doing that and he was a quick tempered person.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368461

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-28

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Emdog said:

He should spend at least a week in jail so he will have time to consider response next time someone is rude to him & send message to other fragile ego men "this is not acceptable"

Agree, and let's say a few thousands Baht paid as compensation to the victim of his foolishness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“So, I told her I would count from one to three and that I will hit her if she refused to give me the ticket

Should have counted to 10 and cooled down... 

15 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

All over 1 baht 50, good thing it was not 5 baht he might have killed her!

The 1 Bahr Killer.

Worked in a gas station near Bangkok. Shot a customer in the head for refusing to pay the 1 baht of gas that had gone over. 

Thais, shale we say, kind of have issues with refusal and rejection. 

• Like 1

CCTV on a government bus now? Damn, I better watch out whenever I go and position myself by habit on the back row of a sagging, exhaust-fuming red bus (for a variety of reasons, some possibly nefarious now that I've thought of it...) BTW the lady is not a "conductress" - she is the kapao tang ie the fare collector. The good news is that the new fare hike effectively does away with the money-changing of 50 satang. Whenever I boarded a red bus, I couldn't help imagining all the time and energy gone into the additional handling of that little copper coin!

• 2 weeks later...