reporting after staying at a hotel in another province???

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Then you don't have to report yourself, your ex-gf or the landlord would have to report you.

You might of course encounter the problem that the IO tells you you would have to report yourself (which you can't), and try to fine you before they would give you an extension.

But for this situation you could try to play them. Complete a TM30, try to turn it in (no additional documents, besides copy of passport). They will of course refuse it, and ask you if you are renting the place or whatever, tell them you just stay with a friend, act stupid. They probably will explain you that your friend has to report you, and you just stay there so you don't have to report yourself.

After your TM30 has been denied apply for the extension, if they want to fine you for not having done a TM30 refer them to the other IO who just explained you that you don't have to do a TM30 because you just stay at your friend's place.

Thanks again and yes this is the dilemma. And the I/O will be thinking "Let's see, agree with the troublemaker farang? Or collect 1,600 baht?  Hmmmmm that's a tough decision.".

Edited by NotYourBusiness

4 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

But don't they ask for for a SIGNED copy of ID card, and I am assuming that doesn't mean a COPY of a signed copy of an id card?

Probably depends on the immigration office, here in Chiang Mai they were happy with a copy of a signed copy of the landlord's ID card and house book, they didn't ask for the "original signed copy"

If they had asked for the "original signed copy" i would have showed it to them, but explained that i have to keep this for the next TM30 report and they can keep the copy of the copy for themself. If you are at an immigration office where they would not accept this it would of course become more complicated.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, triplegee said:

Had exactly the same experience at Chaengwatthana Immigration yesterday. 

Was told that my Non-Immigrant visa renewal couldn't be processed until my address was resolved. The system had me registered at a hotel in Pattaya we stayed at last year. Spent 2 hours in a queue at counter B to fix it

Can you share any details on how you resolved this? What documentation did you have to provide (lease, blue book, owner's ID)? Did you have to complete a TM-30?

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Probably depends on the immigration office, here in Chiang Mai they were happy with a copy of a signed copy of the landlord's ID card and house book, they didn't ask for the "original signed copy"

If they had asked for the "original signed copy" i would have showed it to them, but explained that i have to keep this for the next TM30 report and they can keep the copy of the copy for themself. If you are at an immigration office where they would not accept this it would of course become more complicated.

Another gem thanks. Keep the original signed copy of landlord ID and house book.

Edited by NotYourBusiness

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

If you stay in a hotel in BKK they should report you automatically, if it is a private residence then you should report yourself to BKK immigration, when you return to Korat then you should report to immigration within 24 hrs of arrival at your residence.

Correct. 

According to the Jomtien immigration I usually see, and they have been pretty good with me. 

They say, if you are away from the normal residence 24 hours or more, you need to report them the normal or new place of residence.

When you return. 

I'm led to understand that Thai people are obliged to do something similar?

If They are away from the normal residence as stated on the I.D. Card.

(Not that they do).

3 hours ago, humdrumdays said:

Just renewed my annual retirement extension. 

1. Had to pay a 800 baht fine as I had not reported in following a short holiday to Laos. Never had to do this in Korat before (been here 10 years) but now the new boss of immigration says we have to.

2. I was also told that if I have a hotel stay in another province, again I will have to report in within 24 hrs of my return to Korat? Is this true??? Unbelievable!

Any help thanks

Same happened to me last month during annual extension, got me for not reporting to Korat Immi after returning to Thailand the year before, March 2018.  Wife filled out a TM30 but talked them out of the fine. 

13 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

About Jomtien Immigration it is quite well described here:

Good and clear explanation thanks.

Just one small addition on TM30's for long stay expats from Si Racha, which is also part of Chonburi Immigration.

If you are returning from another country, because you will have a new TM6 in your passport when you entered Thailand, you must do a TM30 report within 24 hours of arrival.

If you are just visiting an area within Thailand for a short period your permanent residence is already registered so you do not need to do another TM30 on return from that visit. Your 90 day reports will keep the information updated.

The only thing I couldn't clarify was 'how long they considered a short stay to be'. I suggested several days over Songkran and they said that's ok.

So, they said new TM6 - do a TM30 within 24 hours. Original/existing TM6 - new TM30 not required.

I popped up to Bangkok and also did a small trip to Cambodia recently, I will pop into immigration this week to check on my status.

The 24 hours is already missed so at this point I literally don't care what they do.

13 hours ago, sumrit said:

So, they said new TM6 - do a TM30 within 24 hours. Original/existing TM6 - new TM30 not required.

This would be a nice, fast, easy, simple rule to remember, which also makes sense, but...

- that's not what was implied in the video (audio really), which mentioned reporting "one time only"

- this is just one office's "interpretation"

- the acceptable duration of an intra-Thailand trip could be better defined, and especially the impacts of a hotel re-reporting you on a TM-30*

* now your TM-30 'address' might say you're living in a hotel several hundred Km away, so believe that is why re-reporting upon a return home might be necessary. 

Edited by mtls2005

16 hours ago, Mansell said:

I was at Korat immigration today. I asked them that when I return from Vietnam I need to spend a few days in BKK, so I cannot report for a few days as I won't be back in Korat. All seemed very confused by this scenario and nobody had a definitive answer. I said I will come in when I return here after the weekend.....a few smiles. One lady said couldn't your wife come in for you? I pointed out she will be in BKK with me. 

It is not required to report within 24 hours of arriving in Thailand, but within 24 hours of arriving at your residence.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

but within 24 hours of arriving at your residence

So some lag in the TM-6 entry date (int'l arrival) and the TM-30 report date must be allowed? For example, Mansell's wife might be the hotel registrant, and he would appear to be unreported via a TM-30 while in Bangkok?

Maybe they should just make a simple-to-use TM-30 self-reporting system, akin to the 90-day online reporting system, for people on ext stay? Assuming they really want to be able to "locate" us at a moment's notice.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So some lag in the TM-6 entry date (int'l arrival) and the TM-30 report date must be allowed? For example, Mansell's wife might be the hotel registrant, and he would appear to be unreported via a TM-30 while in Bangkok?

Maybe they should just make a simple-to-use TM-30 self-reporting system, akin to the 90-day online reporting system, for people on ext stay? Assuming they really want to be able to "locate" us at a moment's notice.

I don't know if it's available in all provinces but in Phuket you can have your residence entered onto the same online system that hotels use.

Just now, mtls2005 said:

I guess some people would have an interim TM30 report if they stayed at a Bangkok hotel, as one would expect it to do the reporting. 

You need only report when arriving at your accommodation. I can't predict how pedantic they might be though. Be sure to report as soon as you can, and use the date you arrived at 'home' on the TM30, form, not arrival in Thailand. 

7 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I don't know if it's available in all provinces but in Phuket you can have your residence entered onto the same online system that hotels use.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

The keywords I used, quite specifically, "easy-to-use".

That system works for hotels, guest-houses, house-masters condo-owners. It is less well suited for renters, who admittedly can be designated by the leasor (to self-file a TM-30, or use the hotel system), where we typically must rely on the owner to report us.

Edited by mtls2005

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

and use the date you arrived at 'home' on the TM30, form, not arrival in Thailand. 

"Yesterday". Or "today"?

????

Maybe just set up a TM-30 desk at international airports? TM-6, stamped, queue for a TM-30, stamped, pick up luggage, clear Customs.

Edited by mtls2005

16 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I started a thread a couple of days ago asking if and where people are using the online TM30 system, a few responses and people are using it in Phuket, chaing mai, Bangkok, Pattaya and some other places.

14 minutes ago, madmitch said:

You have to have a landlord that will register and then allow you access. Easier said than done, admittedly!

Yes, that's Plan A. Registering for the system is in-process but it does take at least a few days to get the access credentials. And the system looks to be a bit cumbersome to use, maybe not for a Thai staff at a hotel registering hundreds of guests each night - admittedly an Excel sheet can be imported I guess - but for those of us who might use it just a few times each year.

Plan B is to send the TM-30 via registered mail. Plan C is to file a TM-30 in-person with the necessary supporting documentation:

For those in Bangkok: Documentation for self filing a TM.30 are
Copies of;
-the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the thai i/d of the person in the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the data page of your passport
-the thai visa in your passport (if you have one)
-your most recent entry stamp
-your extension (if you have one)
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

- PoA seems to not be required at the "B" counter at CW/Bangkok as of today, but may be required at other offices.

Plan B address: unsure on a doc list, assume it's the same as self-reporting in person? Include a 10 baht stamped return envelope.

Address is:
90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Power-of-Attorney-Form (1).pdf

Edited by mtls2005

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you share any details on how you resolved this? What documentation did you have to provide (lease, blue book, owner's ID)? Did you have to complete a TM-30?

Yes - my wife completed the TM-30 & given we had all documentation with us for the visa renewal she used the blue book & her ID. 

The Chaengwatthana Division 1 people were not aware of the online system mentioned by @Peterw42 as they indicated I would have to self report every time I travel - will definitely look into this so many thanks. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, triplegee said:

It added another day to the visa renewal process that I didn't see coming. Apparently, there's no online service to support address notification and all foreigners who spend time away from their registered address are expected to report in person every time. Seems ludicrous so let's see how long it lasts.

Sadly, merely being ludicrous has not put a stop to many things in Thailand....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, triplegee said:

Yes - my wife completed the TM-30 & given we had all documentation with us for the visa renewal she used the blue book & her ID. 

The Chaengwatthana Division 1 people were not aware of the online system mentioned by @Peterw42 as they indicated I would have to self report every time I travel - will definitely look into this so many thanks. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ for the online system

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

What's the option here? Move somewhere else? That's hilarious ... ill break my lease and risk a litigation case and lose my security deposit and have all the costs and stress of moving somewhere where i don't even know if the next landlord <deleted> will do his <deleted> job.

You've already stated that the lease isn't in your name so no problem breaking it. If the landlord refuses to transfer the lease to your name and co operate in completing a TM28/TM30, which would solve all your problems, just find somewhere else.

Some landlords appear not to like having anything to do with immigration as the assume that the information may be disseminated to other government departments and they will be prosecuted for tax evasion as many/most don't pay tax on their rental incomes.

Query.
I live in Surin Provence.
If I stay in Buriram provence for more than 24 hours.

I have to report to the immigration office in Surin Provence when I return?

Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

In Phayao you have to complete a new TM30 if you stay away for a night. This has been in since they opened in 2016. When I  completed my first 90 day report at Phayao the officer also checked the TM30 system. It showed that my address was at a hotel in Chiang Mai. He actually showed me the screen. It appears that the system does not revert to your registered address. This would be why they want us to report after a stay away from our normal address.

13 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

In Phayao you have to complete a new TM30 if you stay away for a night. This has been in since they opened in 2016. 

This was the same in CM.  You may want to check again though, as now CM has changed (like the wind as usual) and they told me to stop doing this and we only need to report coming back after we have been OUT of the country, NOT just staying away for a few nights here.  

I was suspicious about what they told me, but have done several 90 day reports since then, and no problems, I even asked them about the rules again and they confirmed what they told me the first time.  However, I will not be surprised if they change the interpretation of the rules at random in the future depending on their agenda.

18 hours ago, orchis said:

you're right, TM6, sorry. 

One  place didn't ask my passport, one had a look at my passport and gave it back without copying or writing down even my name, the one in Bangkok had a registration form that asked for

my passport number but not TM6 number, so I am sure they didn't report as they should.
Nor could I make them; 'not necessary'.

i am sure many don't feel like entering the data.  Some no doubt know they won't be checked on so why bother.

I’ve never done a report at immi stating my address; 1 year non-O multi.... what’s the fine I could get when I do get around to reporting my address?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect