Now MRT is broken as BTS.

Number 6

2 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Already the BTS and MRT are at near-capacity for much of the day, with queues of commuters at platform level and spilling onto concourse level, faced with waits in 40 degree heat of several trains before they can board during absolute peak hours.

Easy solution: reduce the time between trains and make sure that all trains are as long as the platform.

The only reason they are full is because there aren't enough of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Your link relates to information dated August 2011 and refers to "headway under normal circumstances".

"But if the trains are as frequent as you claim..."

They are.

So you say. I would also like to see recent figures from BTS itself but I could not find any.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

As an example, from Asoke BTS platform, during the rush hours, it is possible to see the next train waiting to leave Nana station as the Asoke train is loading.  The Nana train moves off just after the Asoke train leaves that station and stops at Asoke a minute or so later.

Yes, I could also see trains leaving the previous station but there was definitely much more than one minute between them. Maybe that was because it wasnt rush hour, but even so the trains were as full as I would ever want them to be.

12 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Not in the least. I've replied to many and none describe being in the situation I had mentioned. Namely, Sukhhumvhit station 1800-1830.

The MRT is overwhelmled a few hours in the morning and evening. Commuters headed south in the AM and back north in pm. The real bottlneck runs from Sukhhumvhit to Petchaburi station for obvious reasons.

Many others have described indemic issues as well.

And it's - you're, not your. Being drunk I still have command of 5th grade grammar nonetheless.

I think the issue has been addressed, thank you all for your comments.

Bad grammar is indemic on this forum.

I’m guessing that ‘indemic’ means ‘indicative of a common and widespread problem or root cause deficiency’ as I could not find it in my online dictionary.  I’ll email them with the update shortly

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Easy solution: reduce the time between trains and make sure that all trains are as long as the platform.

The only reason they are full is because there aren't enough of them.

I blame it on the number of passengers. They could reduce that more easily than they can increase the number of vehicles

bts is a joke. always stuffed.

went one morning at on-nut station, they block the escalator when there

is nothing wrong and it is running. there is no room on the platform and people wait on the stairs. turned around and went back home.

it does not matter what time you go on the bts morning, afternoon or nite is always packed. wait until open the rest of the line and stations open, might be faster by car?

they need to add more cars, which they won't do and all they do is complain how  much money they make. oh, yea, keep raising the fare!!!

i would not mind paying more if they had better service.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, rodknock said:

is nothing wrong and it is running. there is no room on the platform and people wait on the stairs. turned around and went back home.

it does not matter what time you go on the bts morning, afternoon or nite is always packed. wait until open the rest of the line and stations open, might be faster by car?

they need to add more cars, which they won't do and all they do is complain how  much money they make. oh, yea, keep raising the fare!!!

The great thing about stairs is that you can wait on them.  You can’t wait on an escalator, which presumably is why it was blocked off. They should have stopped it, as well, but that may not be so straight-forward.

I agree that they should raise the fares, but for every foreigner saying they should raise fares, there will be a thousand Thais saying they should not, and the politicians will bully the corporation on behalf of their voters, not you and me.

13 hours ago, Greyhat said:

I take the MRT everyday at rush hour at what is probably the most busy station and never have to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes. Usually wait 5 or 10. I aim for the carriage(s) with no seats so the line moves in faster. All in all it's an exceptional service in my opinion.

I lived off Sukhumvit for 2 years and had the exact same experience.

I find it a fantastic efficient system.

• Like 2

I don't really have any major issues with them, and the ARL has vastly improved as I use that daily for work. 

The things that I think are poor is that some stations literally only have a few ticket machines and the queues at the booths for coins can be ridiculous. They need far more note machines.

Asoke, Siam etc are shockingly / dangerously overcrowded at times too. I wouldn't moan about the wait time for the trains, but as another person said, it seems like the trains themselves lack a few carriages by looking at the platform markings. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodknock said:

Don't know why there was such a farang migration out east on the BTS line.. many better and cheaper places near the ferries and MRT.  Lots of stuff seems overpriced out there.. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:05 AM, Number 6 said:

Not in the least. I've replied to many and none describe being in the situation I had mentioned. Namely, Sukhhumvhit station 1800-1830.

The MRT is overwhelmled a few hours in the morning and evening. Commuters headed south in the AM and back north in pm. The real bottlneck runs from Sukhhumvhit to Petchaburi station for obvious reasons.

Many others have described indemic issues as well.

And it's - you're, not your. Being drunk I still have command of 5th grade grammar nonetheless.

I think the issue has been addressed, thank you all for your comments.

Never a good thing criticising other poster's grammar, particularly when you don't have a grasp of it yourself, that's just asking for unflattering comment!

"The MRT is overwhelmled…"

I have never seen anything "overwhelmled" [sic], let alone the MRT, I have seen it very busy and some may have described it as "overwhelmed".

"Many others have described indemic issues.."

"Indemic" issues?  What are those, then?  Are they anything to do with "endemic" issues?

I think the issue has been addressed, thank you for your comments!

20 hours ago, rodknock said:

"bts is a joke. always stuffed".

"it does not matter what time you go on the bts morning, afternoon or nite is always packed".

That is just plain untrue, I use Onnut BTS most days and outside of rush hours there is no problem of overcrowding.

"...and all they do is complain how  much money they make".

Who complains about how much money they make?

"...all they do is...oh, yea, keep raising the fare!!!"

How many times in the last ten years have the fares been raised to justify that false comment of yours?

3 hours ago, moontang said:

Don't know why there was such a farang migration out east on the BTS line.. many better and cheaper places near the ferries and MRT.  Lots of stuff seems overpriced out there.. 

At that time there was no MRT, only the BTS.

22 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

At that time there was no MRT, only the BTS.

Of course, but even since the MRT, it seems like a disproportionate number of farang have limited their searches to the original BTS Sukhumvit line... Tons of inbound traffic in the morning, and tons of outbound traffic late into the evening. 

12 hours ago, moontang said:

Of course, but even since the MRT, it seems like a disproportionate number of farang have limited their searches to the original BTS Sukhumvit line... Tons of inbound traffic in the morning, and tons of outbound traffic late into the evening. 

THat's what commuting is all about.

Everyone likes to take a subway to your suburb

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Best way of travel for most places. During peak traffic, even though crowded you are still getting to any place way faster than in car. 

Try Bostons T system. $12.75 (about 400B) gets you an all day pass to ride rolling stock from the 60s squealing and jerking down tracks laid in 1900

On 5/2/2019 at 12:32 AM, moe666 said:

The complaining is the same when the original Skytrain opened in 2000, many a frang would not ride the thing until it had been proven

Not quite. It opened in 1999 and everyone I knew then jumped at the chance to use it!