Now MRT is broken as BTS.

Number 6

Hour long waits at the most central and important station, gated closures, air-conditioning not functioning with the capacity, queues overwhelmed, turnstiles backed up.

What the hell is wrong with this country?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Hour long waits at the most central and important station, gated closures, air-conditioning not functioning with the capacity, queues overwhelmed, turnstiles backed up.

What the hell is wrong with this country?

where

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's certainly cheap, as a 'senior' I went from the train station to Mochit for 21bht a few months back.

Cheap yes - comfortable - not so much as almost no seats (not talking rush hours) and teenagers seem almost as bad as drivers in sprinting to any open seat regardless of signs giving priority to those that need.  At least most trips are not too long.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

Never ever waited more than one train. Total wait like 7 minutes. Living along the Sukhumvit line for 7 years.. 

You cannot possibly pass through the station between 545 and 730 PM. Normally it's choked Thursday Friday but was just as bad yesterday at 715.

What is the "Sukhumvhit line"? There is only one MRT line, the blue line. I live on the blue line - what's your point by stating you live on the line? All that matters is riding the line.

Edited by Number 6

13 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

It's a mass transit line in a massive city that passes right through the centre of town.  Why do you expect to be able to sit down?  Seriously?   

I use it every day and I don't expect to find a seat, of course I don't.  

Do you want a seat in Tokyo?  Shanghai?  

What an ignorant reply.       I said I DON'T EXPECT to find a seat.

Your post shows  a complete lack of comprehension.

Try again or move on.   Better you move on.

16 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

It's a mass transit line in a massive city that passes right through the centre of town.  Why do you expect to be able to sit down?  Seriously?   

I use it every day and I don't expect to find a seat, of course I don't.  

Do you want a seat in Tokyo?  Shanghai?  

They've even removed the seats from half the cars. They should add two cars and remove all the seats and kill all the mobile data so people won't hold their phones in front of them, taking up yet more space. Propaganda blast through MRT on citizenship and civility.

1 minute ago, timendres said:

Last Friday, 6pm. MRT Phra Ram 9 to Sukhumvit. BTS Asok to On Nut. Caught second train at each station. Phra Ram 9 was busy, but the queue zero wait time. Asok queues coming out took less than 2 minutes. The Asok BTS station was very crowded, but I walked straight through, slowly, queue going in less than 30 seconds. BTS On Nut queue coming out 20 seconds. Both the MRT and BTS trains were packed, but not uncomfortable. No complaints.

You got on the opposite direction the mob flows this time of day.

The BTS is wholly broken as well. Siam is an absolute clusterf***

• Confused 1

You’re right, the system is too popular and overcrowded, and they should increase fares until ridership is less than capacity; that would also give them the cash flow to pay for the additional cars and signalling improvements to improve capacity.

Unfortunately, the masses who are not as perceptive as you or me would whinge and complain.

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Increase the prices that will create more room

Just add more carriages to the existing trains which will also add more room. Increase the frequency of the longer trains and the problems will be solved...............................................................................................................................................................................................................for a year or so.

My commute every single day involves ARL, MRT and BTS.  

ARL (from Hua Mark) has really got its act together and has worked out a system of sending empty trains from Phaya Thai to Hua Mark in rush hour, seemingly every other train.  As such I now never have to wait more than one train, and the second is normally not more than four minutes behind, and it is empty.  Massive difference and is now quite pleasant.

MRT from Phetchaburi to Sukhumvit (peak rush hour).  Busy, but can usually get on the first train.  Occasionally have to wait for the second, which is 2-3 minutes behind.  Could squeeze on but I am usually only one of two or three people who decided to wait.

BTS from Asok going South.  Never ever not been able to get on the first train, not once.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Just add more carriages to the existing trains which will also add more room. Increase the frequency of the longer trains and the problems will be solved...............................................................................................................................................................................................................for a year or so.

And that could easily be paid for with money magicked from nowhere. BTS is a commercial organisation that provides a service in a market, and their investment depends on the returns it will generate. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

BTS from Asok going South.  Never ever not been able to get on the first train, not once.

Because this is not the time it direction of the issues with the MRT. 50% of the train alights at Sukhumvhit and just gets lighter by the stop in the morning. Returning in the evening the bogeys are not even full at Sam Yan by 430.

The problem is Sukhumvhit north PM and Lat Phrao to Sukhumvhit in AM. Sukhumvhit station will close the exterior gates to the station if need be. All the lines are chaos after 530pm.

7 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

And that could easily be paid for with money magicked from nowhere. BTS is a commercial organisation that provides a service in a market, and their investment depends on the returns it will generate. 

Public transportation is not seen as a solution to quality of life. It's just a middle class people mover. The rich prefer their cars and to sit in traffic for hours and to get into accidents and ...

BTS is ridiculously expensive, especially for the quality of the ride and dealing with all the tourists. Queueing for cards is another exasperating experience.

Edited by Number 6
  • Confused 1