Thai Embassy London Documents Required for Non-O multi entry

22 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You certainly could. I spent the first 6 years in Thailand on multi Non O based on marriage. Only stopped when my passport got caught up in the changeover and I had to go and do an extension to get another 30 days.

In 2017 I wanted to change the timing of my extension so when I was back in the UK I did a single entry Non O based on marriage through the post and only had to send copies of MC and ID, it was late in the year so only about 18 months ago.

Living in Sheffield I used to use Hull and they were very good, too good, they had their wrist slapped so difficult to know from what you say if a local or general enforcement problem.

The Consulates can now only authorise TV's, although you can still apply for a Non Imm O at the Consulate's, but the applications have to be approved by the Embassy before they can issue a single entry Non Imm O only.

The multi entry is only available by applying direct to the Embassy.

Savannakhet is another option, unless there are other reasons to go back to the UK.

15 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The Consulates can now only authorise TV's, although you can still apply for a Non Imm O at the Consulate's, but the applications have to be approved by the Embassy before they can issue a single entry Non Imm O only.

The multi entry is only available by applying direct to the Embassy.

Savannakhet is another option, unless there are other reasons to go back to the UK.

Feel free to keep on posting what I already know.

I am still waiting for your proof that what has been put on the website recently is not valid.

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Feel free to keep on posting what I already know.

I am still waiting for your proof that what has been put on the website recently is not valid.

Why don't you email the embassy and get the proper info. Then post it on here so everyone knows the latest !!

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why don't you email the embassy and get the proper info. Then post it on here so everyone knows the latest !!

Which is what I advised him to do if he doesn't believe recent reports.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:44 AM, Tanoshi said:

Since late 2014 you haven't been able to obtain a Non Imm O for being over 50, even with £10,000 in a bank.

The site still suggests it's possible for an over 50 to obtain a Non Imm O.

I received a Non Imm O in 2014 based on being over 50 and showing £10K in a bank account.

It ceased shortly thereafter as reported by many.

They will only issue a Non Imm O if retired, over 65 and in receipt of DWP pension, or have Thai family.

That is not true.......... unless I have got wires crossed.

I posted a pictures of a friend’s 12m multi-entry Non-Immigrant O visa based on retirement. He is 58, submitted his application by post to London, with supporting financial information. He expected a single entry visa and was pleasantly surprised to get the above.

Edited by Jip99

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

That is not true.......... unless I have got wires crossed.

I posted a pictures of a friend’s 12m multi-entry Non-Immigrant O visa based on retirement. He is 58, submitted his application by post to London, with supporting financial information. He expected a single entry visa and was pleasantly surprised to get the above.

I know of 3 or 4 who regularly spend a few months in Thailand and a few back in the UK, who would love to be able to get the single Non O based on being over 50 and retired, but not yet receiving their DWP pension, so have been refused and received a TV instead.

The ME Non O would suit them better, but until their are 65 and receiving the DWP they have been informed no chance.

They either made a mistake with your friend, or he has Thai family, unless it has changed since January which was the last time a friend attempted to get a Non O in person at the Embassy.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

I know of 3 or 4 who regularly spend a few months in Thailand and a few back in the UK, who would love to be able to get the single Non O based on being over 50 and retired, but not yet receiving their DWP pension, so have been refused and received a TV instead.

The ME Non O would suit them better, but until their are 65 and receiving the DWP they have been informed no chance.

They either made a mistake with your friend, or he has Thai family, unless it has changed since January which was the last time a friend attempted to get a Non O in person at the Embassy.

I was as surprised as you, but my friend let me take a photo of the visa and it was like going back to the good old days.

He is not married and does not have family over here.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:19 PM, sandyf said:

You are quite right, as I was only hearing opinion I was going to email the embassy and when I went to the website there was the message about UK  applicants having to use the onlne system.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Why didn't you read post No 21.

I fail to see how that stops you contacting them.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/organize/81604-AddressNumbersEmail-Addresses.html

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

Why didn't you read post No 21.

I did, along with all the other posts...

It is evident that what is posted on their website is not always accurate.

So if you want the up to date info, email the embassy that you intend to use. 

That way there will be no confusion/disappointment ????

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, GBK said:

Hi Joe,

Do we know where we are with the 15th of June date now, or hs it been pushed back?

Thanks.

GBK

Unfortunately yes, in place, not working correctly and non-O ME unavailable!  ???? Watching for more reports ????