Thai Embassy London Documents Required for Non-O multi entry

Hi, before the online application process goes live next month I shall be applying for a non-o multi entry visa based on marriage to a Thai wife.

Can anyone confirm the supporting documents required please?

Copy of wifeys id card and marriage certificate is a given but I notice the income requirements are still there. Is it still NOT needed?

Thanks for reading.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The latest date for the online applications is now June 15th.

No reports of anybody being asked to show the financial proof shown on the website.

Thanks for the quick reply. Travelling before the 15th so not applying online.

Be interesting to see if it really does go 'live' after the 15th as the date has already been put back twice already.

Thanks, I'm back in the UK next week and will be renewing my multi-O before flying back early June. Was very easy by mail last trip, hope it's the same this time round.

ive just got mine from London, and I sent 3 months bank statements,, website states....

For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)

• For accompanying a Thai child : A copy of Thai birth certificate, a copy of the Thai child's passport/Thai ID, a copy of marriage certificate to a Thai spouse or divorce paper/child custody paper (in case of divorce), and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)
Edited by PST

12 hours ago, Stocky said:

Thanks, I'm back in the UK next week and will be renewing my multi-O before flying back early June. Was very easy by mail last trip, hope it's the same this time round.

Currently still the same.

The online application service has been delayed again until June 15th.

12 hours ago, PST said:

ive just got mine from London, and I sent 3 months bank statements,, website states....

For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)

• For accompanying a Thai child : A copy of Thai birth certificate, a copy of the Thai child's passport/Thai ID, a copy of marriage certificate to a Thai spouse or divorce paper/child custody paper (in case of divorce), and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)

No financial proof required.

The requirement has never been enforced.

When I done mine by post in Feb, I included the Financials & my birth Cert, just in case, most of that bit of the pack got returned with the passport, and they just kept the Wife's ID and passport copies, and the marriage cert copy I think (fee, appl. Form & photo's, of course)

superb service, RTEL would have received it before 13:00hrs on the Monday, and it was back at my home before 13:00hrs on Wednesday, 48hrs!

Included cash for the fee, (which I think is now perhaps £150 + £10 since 1st April)

Edited by johnwf1963

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

No financial proof required.

The requirement has never been enforced.

interesting, ive always included my bank statements, and initially I was due to apply online until the date got put forward, and I mailed them to ask if the financial amount needed would remain the same and they replied and said yes. My bank statements have also never been returned either. Also this time I sent 160 pounds, 10 pound extra for return of post but they sent me the 10 pound back.

2 hours ago, PST said:

interesting, ive always included my bank statements, and initially I was due to apply online until the date got put forward, and I mailed them to ask if the financial amount needed would remain the same and they replied and said yes. My bank statements have also never been returned either. Also this time I sent 160 pounds, 10 pound extra for return of post but they sent me the 10 pound back.

As many will testify and reported many times on this forum, they do not enforce the financial requirement.

Same as Savannakhet Thai Consulate and I believe HCMC.

I asked them about the financial requirement by phone a couple of years ago in an attempt to clarify the matter.  They told me that although it says proof of income is required on their website, they don't really need them and are more interested in your marriage certificate.  Clear as mud ????.

I guess the best answer is, you don't need proof of income until they say you do, at which time they will point out that its always said that on their website ????.

Edited by KhaoYai

It also states;

For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

They stopped issuing the Non Imm O for being over 50 late 2014.

Only if 65 and in receipt of the state pension will they issue the SE Non Imm O.

12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

They stopped issuing the Non Imm O for being over 50 late 2014.

Only if 65 and in receipt of the state pension will they issue the SE Non Imm O.

Are you saying they put old text back on to the website?

This was the text in 2014 - dated 10 Feb 2014.

"4) Visiting Thailand as Pensioner aged 65 and over.
Evidence required:
a) Current “DWP Pension Statement” showing receipt of UK State Pension (no minimum necessary)."

and this is the current text

"For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 "

54 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Are you saying they put old text back on to the website?

This was the text in 2014 - dated 10 Feb 2014.

"4) Visiting Thailand as Pensioner aged 65 and over.
Evidence required:
a) Current “DWP Pension Statement” showing receipt of UK State Pension (no minimum necessary)."

and this is the current text

"For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 "

I'm saying it's incorrect.

They will only issue the Non Imm O if 65 and receiving the state pension, or married/Thai child.

It's no longer available purely on the basis of being over 50, regardless of income or savings.

22 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I'm saying it's incorrect.

They will only issue the Non Imm O if 65 and receiving the state pension, or married/Thai child.

It's no longer available purely on the basis of being over 50, regardless of income or savings.

So you are saying that since 2014 they have decided to put incorrect text on the website.

I know for a fact that in 2016 the 2014 text was being enforced in that only a DWP letter would be accepted and that text was still in place in 2017.

You are suggesting that in the last 18 months the Thai Embassy have made a change on the website that is invalid so I would have to assume you have some definitive proof that is the case.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

So you are saying that since 2014 they have decided to put incorrect text on the website.

I know for a fact that in 2016 the 2014 text was being enforced in that only a DWP letter would be accepted and that text was still in place in 2017.

You are suggesting that in the last 18 months the Thai Embassy have made a change on the website that is invalid so I would have to assume you have some definitive proof that is the case.

Since late 2014 you haven't been able to obtain a Non Imm O for being over 50, even with £10,000 in a bank.

The site still suggests it's possible for an over 50 to obtain a Non Imm O.

I received a Non Imm O in 2014 based on being over 50 and showing £10K in a bank account.

It ceased shortly thereafter as reported by many.

They will only issue a Non Imm O if retired, over 65 and in receipt of DWP pension, or have Thai family.

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Since late 2014 you haven't been able to obtain a Non Imm O for being over 50, even with £10,000 in a bank.

The site still suggests it's possible for an over 50 to obtain a Non Imm O.

I received a Non Imm O in 2014 based on being over 50 and showing £10K in a bank account.

It ceased shortly thereafter as reported by many.

They will only issue a Non Imm O if retired, over 65 and in receipt of DWP pension, or have Thai family.

There is no dispute that post 2014 it was state pension only.

The recent change in text is not the same as pre 2014 so it was deliberately changed rather than by accident, from 2012

"Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over"

The implication of the new text would be that other forms of pension would be taken into account other than the state pension. You shouldn't be making statements to the contrary unless you can definitely back it up.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

The implication of the new text would be that other forms of pension would be taken into account other than the state pension. You shouldn't be making statements to the contrary unless you can definitely back it up.

It's been reported many times that a Non O is no longer available for being over 50, regardless of funds in the bank, or private/company pension.

I had a personal letter of reply from the London Embassy stating the Non O was no longer available for being over 50, but being over 2 years old it's been deleted.

I have a mate just applied for a change in Visa status from a TV to a Non O at Immigration because he retired at the New Year, but couldn't get the Non O in London, where he lives and went in person to argue the facts on their site.

He is 58 and receives a final salary civil servants pension.

Rather than state I shouldn't be making comments to the contrary, I suggest you e-mail the London Embassy yourself and find out what others already know.

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Rather than state I shouldn't be making comments to the contrary, I suggest you e-mail the London Embassy yourself and find out what others already know.

I am perfectly aware of what transpired in 2014 so there is little point continually repeating the same thing.

You are quite right, as I was only hearing opinion I was going to email the embassy and when I went to the website there was the message about UK  applicants having to use the onlne system.

It would appear to be a wasted exercise as the Non O as a pensioner is not available in the online system and that what Non Os that are available are single entry only. Long term visas are only available as O-A or O-X. Another spanner in the works.

Non O  - https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/Family

Long stay  - https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/LongStay

26 minutes ago, sandyf said:

It would appear to be a wasted exercise as the Non O as a pensioner is not available in the online system and that what Non Os that are available are single entry only.

That does not start until June 15th now and may be pushed forward for a 3rd time.

There may be changes to the online visa site to reflect what the embassy in London does.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That does not start until June 15th now and may be pushed forward for a 3rd time.

There may be changes to the online visa site to reflect what the embassy in London does.

I am trying to plan for when my extension runs out end of October, renewal is no longer an option. Realistically what are the chances of it going back to November?

The operation guidelines indicate it is a global system so wouldn't count on London having much say in the matter. The real question is that once it does come online how will it affect visa criteria in non E visa countries.

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I am trying to plan for when my extension runs out end of October, renewal is no longer an option. Realistically what are the chances of it going back to November?

I have no idea what is going to happen with the E Visa applications. It might get dumped entirely. I suspect the delays now may be because embassy personnel object to it.

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The operation guidelines indicate it is a global system so wouldn't count on London having much say in the matter. The real question is that once it does come online how will it affect visa criteria in non E visa countries.

What you can read now on the site might be changed. Or if you could actually try to do the application and it might show something different.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have no idea what is going to happen with the E Visa applications. It might get dumped entirely. I suspect the delays now may be because embassy personnel object to it.

What you can read now on the site might be changed. Or if you could actually try to do the application and it might show something different.

The system is operational and you can sign up which I have done.

When you start an application as a UK resident you cannot progress but if you say you are Chinese resident you can move on. There are about 6 or 7 Chinese locations available so I suspect a few more to load on. The UK is supposed to follow China then France.

I chose Beijing and moved on to the next step and then cancelled.

Screenshots.

online_a.jpg

online_b.jpg

online_c.jpg

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I chose Beijing and moved on to the next step and then cancelled.

If you look at the Beijing website you will find that there is not a non-o for being 50 or over shown.

I think the requirements may very from embassy to embassy. 

To early to find anything specific for the embassy in London.

You can't get a multiple entry non - o visa based on marriage, it is a single entry only.

I applied and got a visa last year, using it in January this year.

I had to send copies of marriage certificate, copy of wife's ID, proof of last 6 months income and photos, did mine through their office in Hull, took about a week for approval, had to take all original copies when I went over.

47 minutes ago, Farmer1956 said:

You can't get a multiple entry non - o visa based on marriage, it is a single entry only.

You can if you apply for it at the embassy in London.

The honorary consulates cannot issue a multiple entry non-o visa.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you look at the Beijing website you will find that there is not a non-o for being 50 or over shown.

I pointed that out in post no 21, also that for Non O that the only option may be single entry.

Most can sit back and see what transpires but some of us may have to rethink our options fairly quickly.

21 hours ago, Farmer1956 said:

I applied and got a visa last year, using it in January this year.

I had to send copies of marriage certificate, copy of wife's ID, proof of last 6 months income and photos, did mine through their office in Hull, took about a week for approval, had to take all original copies when I went over.

You certainly could. I spent the first 6 years in Thailand on multi Non O based on marriage. Only stopped when my passport got caught up in the changeover and I had to go and do an extension to get another 30 days.

In 2017 I wanted to change the timing of my extension so when I was back in the UK I did a single entry Non O based on marriage through the post and only had to send copies of MC and ID, it was late in the year so only about 18 months ago.

Living in Sheffield I used to use Hull and they were very good, too good, they had their wrist slapped so difficult to know from what you say if a local or general enforcement problem.