Have you had a traumatic, strange, terrifying or humorous experience whilst living in Thailand and would like to share it with the public.

Syduan

what the hell is that?

you could have a leading role in Walking Dead and Game of Thrones man.

Congratulation on recovery

He’s referring to a centipede ( Tak̄hāb ) and looks pretty nasty.

I’ve been checking my shoes since I saw those photos !!

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:38 AM, scorecard said:

My sort of twist is my Thai son buying 2 plots of land in a nice new moo baan (CM) and extending the house a bit, with a a garden about 9 metres by 15 metres and many fruit trees, son, wife, 3 kids and me all moved in. Two or three days later my son's loud middle aged lady boy brother in law arrived with 3 more loud middle aged lady boy friends and a pile of building materials which they unloaded quickly.Son says 'what's happening?' Response: 'We will build a small house in the garden space and share your kitchen and bathrooms'. Nothing had been mentioned or discussed beforehand. 

Son says 'totally no, put all the materials etc., back on the truck and go.

Son's MIL calls son and gives him a lashing about being impolite and unfair to her family. Son says 'if he pays me half the cost of the land for rent (no ownership) and 30% of the cost of the house (to share the kitchen and bathrooms) no ownership, and half the monthly village maintenance fees and half the electricity, water and internet etc., about 20,000Baht per month, then he can come, but he has to also pay for any food from my kitchen and any fruit from my trees and he cannot have a loud TV ...... Lady boy reappeared months later all humble, but after 1 day he raised the building of his house again... 

I love LOS because of <deleted> up stories like that.

I didn't like it too much when my rat Thai nephew decided to invite himself to stay every weekend though. That was a joke on me, and my wife's refusal to stop him contributed to our divorce. We'd already moved once because she wouldn't stop my other Thai nephew practicing his electric bass guitar at 11 pm every night.

Will you share the profits with the people kind enough to write your book for you????????????????????????????????

I'm starting a website....looking for free programmers and free salespeople to help me make money.

this post is copyrighted!!!   LOL

First time I came to Thailand was early ‘91 , working just outside of Bangkok for 10 days.
A great trip , sweating my plums off all day long then out with the production manager ( a fellow Brit ) till 2ish, drinking and seeing the sights ( Cowboy, Nana etc ).

Back in the uk a few weeks later ( May 91 )went out with a mate to the driving range , the only thing that was driving was the rain so went to the pub .
1 pint later and I felt terrible, shivering and general flu symptoms.
Back home, old lady was already in bed so jumped in and tried to sleep.
Woke up around midnight sweating and really hot, into the bathroom, cold flannel on my forehead, laid down in the bath ( no water ) to cool down.
Old lady appears “ you’re drunk “ she said with all the sympathy of a rattlesnake !!
30 minutes later felt better went back to bed.
Woke up with the old lady staring at me “ good god almighty look in the mirror “ she said .
I was completely yellow, even the whites of my eyes were yellow !!

Hepatitis A.

7 weeks off work till blood levels back to normal, strange reactions, bleeding athletes foot, a scalp full of spots !!
6 months on the wagon.

Yup, that’s what I brought back from my trip to Thailand, probably a lot better than what others have taken back home !!

21 hours ago, XenZen said:

Will you share the profits with the people kind enough to write your book for you????????????????????????????????

I'm starting a website....looking for free programmers and free salespeople to help me make money.

this post is copyrighted!!!   LOL

Depends on the contribution.

21 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

First time I came to Thailand was early ‘91 , working just outside of Bangkok for 10 days.
A great trip , sweating my plums off all day long then out with the production manager ( a fellow Brit ) till 2ish, drinking and seeing the sights ( Cowboy, Nana etc ).

Back in the uk a few weeks later ( May 91 )went out with a mate to the driving range , the only thing that was driving was the rain so went to the pub .
1 pint later and I felt terrible, shivering and general flu symptoms.
Back home, old lady was already in bed so jumped in and tried to sleep.
Woke up around midnight sweating and really hot, into the bathroom, cold flannel on my forehead, laid down in the bath ( no water ) to cool down.
Old lady appears “ you’re drunk “ she said with all the sympathy of a rattlesnake !!
30 minutes later felt better went back to bed.
Woke up with the old lady staring at me “ good god almighty look in the mirror “ she said .
I was completely yellow, even the whites of my eyes were yellow !!

Hepatitis A.

7 weeks off work till blood levels back to normal, strange reactions, bleeding athletes foot, a scalp full of spots !!
6 months on the wagon.

Yup, that’s what I brought back from my trip to Thailand, probably a lot better than what others have taken back home !!

I had a friend who had Hepatitis, it took him years to recover, no alcohol and a change of diet but at 62 he's just started karate classes.

2 minutes ago, Syduan said:

I had a friend who had Hepatitis, it took him years to recover, no alcohol and a change of diet but at 62 he's just started karate classes.

He married a Thai bird......????

• Like 1

I got Hep A which is the least severe of A, B and C but can be fatal depending on the persons age or resistance. I got mine at age 30 so the effects were normal .

All three affect the liver , hence I couldn’t drink alcohol for 6 months or until my blood levels normalise. Severe fatigue is also felt in the early stages.

It lies unnoticed for around 6 weeks time when it is at its most contagious, I had to use separate cutlery and towels etc.

My son was 4 years old when I was diagnosed so caused us some worries until having him checked out.

Hep A is common, easily contracted from poor higiene usually associated with food preparation, seafood is a common cause.

I remember at the time there was an outbreak in a local school also.

I have no lasting issues and am now immune.