Siem Reap named top tourist destination in Southeast Asia

geovalin

Siem Reap was named the top tourist destination in Southeast Asia by Germany-based online travel platform YouDiscover. The Cambodian city was followed by Bangkok and Singapore, who came in second and third respectively.

Published earlier this month, the list includes 15 destinations in 11 countries and ranks them based on three criteria – accommodation options, trips and “experiences”. Siem Reap came on top owing to the presence of the Unesco-listed Angkor Archaeological Complex. Phnom Penh came in at number fourth while Battambang took the 13th spot in the list.

Ho Vandy, secretary-general of the National Tourism Alliance, welcomed the news but remarked that Siem Reap’s Angkor Wat already tops many of the world’s lists for best tourism spots. Nonetheless, he said that “this recognition will help increase Siem Reap’s popularity widely and will attract more international tourists to the city”. Thourn Sinan, chairman of the Cambodian chapter of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), echoed a similar sentiment.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50599382/siem-reap-lands-top-spot-in-german-travel-platform/

33 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Nice place for a weekend but that’s it.

Having lived there for a year,  I liked it.   When you felt like having fun, you could.  Food was so so, but the bar was always well stocked.  Siagon is better, but Siem ReaP was good fun.  The worst I can say about it was, it was okay.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, yellowboat said:

Having lived there for a year,  I liked it.   When you felt like having fun, you could.  Food was so so, but the bar was always well stocked.  Siagon is better, but Siem ReaP was good fun.  The worst I can say about it was, it was okay.

I think the food in Siem Reap is excellent; lots of choices all within walking distance of each other. Blue Pumpkin is a favorite of mine. Saigon is more of a real, international city, but Siem Reap is always good fun for a bit, with it's rough edges and all.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, yellowboat said:

Siem Reap is great beer 50c and cocktails $1.

Never bothered with the ruins, $40 for entry, no thanks that's 80 beers.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1