Visa run idea question

Guys, I have question. Im in Asia almost 1 year and 5 months. My visa story in Thailand: 2 SETV (one from embassy in my homecountry, both extended) and 3 visa exmpetions (2 extended).  From October to February I was outside Thailand, just travelling and have stamps from Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore. 

My visa expired 7 May and I want go to Vientiane via land boarder in Nongkai. Then I want stay there around 5-7 days and apply about... multi entry 3 months visa to... Vietnam with 16 June date start).  

Then I want go back to Thailand on visa exemption (my first visa exemption in this year) with Vietnam visa and flight ticket to Vietnam. The same land boarder - Nongkhai. 

Do You think I can have problem in Nongkhai (like deny) boarder when I will back to Thailand on visa exemption? Im in Asia 1 year and 5 months, no back to home country during this time. I think I travelling a lot like tourist, but im still not look like average tourist. 

BTW - what happen if You are deny in the land boarder? You have departure stamp from previous country on the visa. Its not problem to get new? 

Why are you going to Vientiane to get a Vietnam visa if you have already been there and done the tourist things? 

You can arrange a Visa on Arrival for Vietnam,  online. 

Edited by Leaver

17 minutes ago, DannyP said:

Do You think I can have problem in Nongkhai (like deny) boarder when I will back to Thailand on visa exemption?

Not a problem at Nong Khai unless you have more than 2 of them this year.

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Why are you going to Vientiane to get a Vietnam visa if you have already been there and done the tourist things? 

You can arrange a Visa on Arrival for Vietnam,  online. 

I know I can do it online, but not always. it works. If I understand well, I can get 3 months multi entry visa only directly in embassy. Not online. 

I go to Vientiane because my Thai visa end 7 May.  And moreover I think its a some of prove to Thai immigration that I leave country soon. 

Edited by DannyP

1 minute ago, DannyP said:

I have one back by land in this year, but with Visa. 

No limit using a visa for entry and they do not count for the 2 per calendar year limit for visa exempt entries.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DannyP said:

I know I can do it online. But if I understand well, I can get 3 months multi entry visa only directly in embassy. Not online. 

I go to Vientiane because my Thai visa end 7 May.  And moreover I think its a some of prove to Thai immigration that I leave country soon. 

Forget about what Thai Immigration think, they don't care. 

All of the online Vietnam visa agents offer 3 month multi entry visas.

Here's one of the bigger ones.  Cost $43USD to the agent, and $50USD to immigration at the airport. 

https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-cost.html

A lot of budget airlines fly to Vietnam out of Thai airports now. 

No need to go to Vientiane. 

Edited by Leaver

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

All of the online Vietnam visa agents offer 3 month multi entry visas.

Here's one of the bigger ones.  Cost $43USD to the agent, and $50USD to immigration at the airport. 

https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-cost.html

A lot of budget airlines fly to Vietnam out of Thai airports now. 

No need to go to Vientiane. 

But no matter of that I have to go to Vientiane because my Thai visa end, so I must leave Thailand. 

I try to apply for a Vietnam visa by myself, without visa agent. Of course if it's possible.  If not, I will use agent. 

But thank You for link. 43 USD is price only for agency service right? What about price for Vietnam visa? Because , if I understand well, 50 USD to immigration at the airport is another charge, beside visa price and agency service (if I use).  

Edited by DannyP

41 minutes ago, DannyP said:

But no matter of that I have to go to Vientiane because my Thai visa end, so I must leave Thailand. 

I try to apply for a Vietnam visa by myself, without visa agent. Of course if it's possible.  If not, I will use agent. 

But thank You for link. 43 USD is price only for agency service right? What about price for Vietnam visa? Because , if I understand well, 50 USD to immigration at the airport is another charge, beside visa price and agency service (if I use).  

Get your Master Card or Visa Card out, and your passport out, get online, and arrange your visa on arrival for Vietnam.  Simple.  You will have the VOA letter back tomorrow.

Then, instead of making your way to Vientiane, which you have to pay about $40USD for a Lao Visa at the boarder, make your way to an airport that has cheap flights to Vietnam. 

Why waste 1 week of your time, energy, another page in your passport, and money, going to Vientiane, for something you can do online. 

You would still have to make your way from Vientiane to Vietnam.  It makes no sense.  

Where are you in Thailand? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Get your Master Card or Visa Card out, and your passport out, get online, and arrange your visa on arrival for Vietnam.  Simple.  You will have the VOA letter back tomorrow.

Then, instead of making your way to Vientiane, which you have to pay about $40USD for a Lao Visa at the boarder, make your way to an airport that has cheap flights to Vietnam. 

Why waste 1 week of your time, energy, another page in your passport, and money, going to Vientiane, for something you can do online. 

You would still have to make your way from Vientiane to Vietnam.  It makes no sense.  

Where are you in Thailand? 

I want go to Vietnam in the half of June, not now.  I wanna stay in Thailand one month more, so in next days I want to do visa run and back on one month visa exemption.  When my visa exemption end, then I want go to Vietnam with three months multi entry visa. 

Of course You're right with online application. I think I will do it and save a little bit time. Just stay few days in Vientiane to visit friend and not to make confuse immigration officer about short visa run. 

I stay in Bangkok. 

39 minutes ago, DannyP said:

I want go to Vietnam in the half of June, not now.  I wanna stay in Thailand one month more, so in next days I want to do visa run and back on one month visa exemption.  When my visa exemption end, then I want go to Vietnam with three months multi entry visa. 

Of course You're right with online application. I think I will do it and save a little bit time. Just stay few days in Vientiane to visit friend and not to make confuse immigration officer about short visa run. 

I stay in Bangkok. 

So you will travel all the way to Vientiane from Bangkok, for another 30 days, which would be back to back, which doesn't look good now, or in the future.

Why not fly from Bangkok to Vietnam, do your 3 months, then you can fly back to Thailand, and do another month in Thailand then?  No over land travel. 

Safer (visa wise) safer (transport wise) cheaper, quicker, easier.

Unless, of course, you have fallen in love, and desperately need 1 more month with your future wife.  ????

Edited by Leaver

Hells bells...listen to Leaver.

Online zero problem. You obtain "letter of approval" download visa app form, attach photo. Cost about 20usd. Go to VOA counter (left side pp control) 50 USD multiple entry. I do it EVERY 3 months. What's with Vientiane??

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

So you will travel all the way to Vientiane from Bangkok, for another 30 days, which would be back to back, which doesn't look good now, or in the future.

Why not fly from Bangkok to Vietnam, do your 3 months, then you can fly back to Thailand, and do another month in Thailand then?  No over land travel. 

Safer (visa wise) safer (transport wise) cheaper, quicker, easier.

Unless, of course, you have fallen in love, and desperately need 1 more month with your future wife.  ????

Yeah, you're right, but I need one month more with a reason what You text ???? But from other side it will be my last month in Thailand in this year. I plan back but in January 2020 with SETV. To the end of this year I want to stay in Vietnam and travelling to all nearby countries. 

Edited by DannyP

53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hells bells...listen to Leaver.

Online zero problem. You obtain "letter of approval" download visa app form, attach photo. Cost about 20usd. Go to VOA counter (left side pp control) 50 USD multiple entry. I do it EVERY 3 months. What's with Vientiane??

Why Vientiane? Because I want do visa run and back to Thailand by land boarder.  Stay one month and in half of June go to Vietnam.  So visa run is mainly reason. But in the same time, I thought apply for multi entry 3 months visa in Vietnam, direcitly in embassy.  But I will do it online.