90 report whist traveling within Thailand

I will need to do a 90 day report while traveling for 6 weeks to various places in Isaan and the North.

I am on a Non-A retirement "visa" (Online report not working for me)

Can I just walk into any Immigration Office without any problems?

Many Thanks

afaik, u can only report to the office that issued the extension.
How about mail in if online does not work for you, ( try try again 14 days to 7 days before the 9- day report is due)
Pre online i needed to do a 90 day report and as my extension was from Phuket and i was in Chiang rai, i left the country and spent a few days in Laos.

• Like 2

I did a quick search, which confirms phutketrichard's statement.

If the mail-in option presents undue challenges, you can also designate a third-party, presumably back in Hat Yai?, to perform the 90-day report for you.

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

If the mail-in option presents undue challenges, you can also designate a third-party, presumably back in Hat Yai?, to perform the 90-day report for you.

A 3rd would need to present the applicants passport. Surely one does not go traveling without it!

I suggest to the O/P that he prepare a postal application in advance and post it from wherever on the appropriate day.

• Like 1

Thanks to all three of you.

Going Postal cant work as our final stop is in BKK before a trip to home. I wont have the slip in my passport.

I will have to try the online again.

This rule is a great way to generate tourism within Thailand!

Edited by HatYai2
spelling

I have done this before using one of two methods:

1. Mailed it in to the home province IO where I got the extension with a SAE to pick up the receipt myself from my home province address.

2. Go along with a TM30 to the current IO where I am travelling and then do a 90 day report there. This method is a PITA so I won't be doing that again unless really needed.

28 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

yes I have heard a third person can act on ones behalf....as no signature is required.

Or perhaps use an agent....I see many at Jomtien doing many reports...

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

A 3rd would need to present the applicants passport. Surely one does not go traveling without it!

Of course, if using a third-party you'd have to arrange (EMS) to get the passport into their hands. Really only an issue traveling within Thailand obviously.

Mailing the TM-47 in just requires copies.

The recent TM-30 kerfuffle might complicate matters, admittedly, but an agent might be able to address both situations in one's absence?

13 minutes ago, HatYai2 said:

I wont have the slip in my passport.

What is this "slip"?

Unless you have a new passport or one which has not been used for an international arrival, the online system should work, assuming your office supports it. Have you used the online system successfully before?

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

What is this "slip"?

Unless you have a new passport or one which has not been used for an international arrival, the online system should work, assuming your office supports it. Have you used the online system successfully before? 

The page stapled into your passport when doing the report.

HYIO is quick, close and hassle free so I have only attempted the online system a few times without success. Yesterday and today  I keep getting the message 'For further info about 90 day reporting,message reads Contact you local Immigration Office' Press the ok button and it takes you back to step 1

22 minutes ago, HatYai2 said:

The page stapled into your passport when doing the report.

A third-party would get this slip (receipt, next report date) for you, and could return it to you along with your passport, wherever you may be, via EMS.

If mailing in, then you could have the slip sent to your home, and the risk of not having it in hand is probably minor? (Keep a copy of the submittal docs incl. TM-47 for proof.)

What is your 90-day report date?

Maybe consider a border crossing (Nong Khai, Savannakhet, other) and reset the 90-day ticker? Assumes a valid visa/ext, and re-entry permit.

Not sure but HYIO may have allowed you to do a 90-day report early, based on your planned intra-Thailand travel? I guess I might have checked on that prior to leaving assuming I had time.

Edited by mtls2005

7 hours ago, HatYai2 said:

Thanks to all three of you.

Going Postal cant work as our final stop is in BKK before a trip to home. I wont have the slip in my passport.

I will have to try the online again.

This rule is a great way to generate tourism within Thailand!

You can send it by mail. You don't need to have the slip (90 day report) in your passport when leaving the country.