Mike's Baaack....

gettalife

REMEMBER WHEN "MIKE" OPENED THE BURGER STAND ON THE MOAT. WELL HE'S BACK AND ALSO SERVING SOME UNIQUE "HOTSUBS" ON THE HANG DONG RD. BEFORE BAN TAWAI ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD. SO ALL U CARNIVORES CAN REJOICE IF UR IN THE AREA BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN EVER. SO THIS OUGHT TO END THE "BURGER WAR" SPECULATION . ENJOY

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the guy who now owns the Mike's Original Burger company told Mike's (In an Out Burger) meat supplier that he would stop ALL of the Mike's Burger franchises from ordering from them if they accepted meat orders from Mike's new Place.

The Burger Wars are ON! :o

- there are so many meat supplier . out in chiangmai - some of my friends own farm and butcher their own cow and Ox .

- someone who use such a low way to control bussiness - make me want to avoid his shop .. cos . as a bussiness man you should be nice to everybody .. even your foe .

Is it that difficult to speak English anymore, instead of speaking in code? :o

C'mon Maejo, you know that most young 'un's these days, particularly some of those hanging around Chiang Mai, don't know correct english (or american) unlike your fine self and Rasseru.

Hamburger wars in Chiang Mai.........funking great!! What happened to the good old khaw nieu and gai yang?

Confused :o

Who owns the burger place on Nimanhaemin then?

That makes two of us :D and they all have terrible hamburgers. Cutting off supply of meat, opening in the wrong place, quite frankly I don't give a <deleted>!!

REMEMBER WHEN "MIKE" OPENED THE BURGER STAND ON THE MOAT. WELL HE'S BACK AND ALSO SERVING SOME UNIQUE "HOTSUBS" ON THE HANG DONG RD. BEFORE BAN TAWAI ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD. SO ALL U CARNIVORES CAN REJOICE IF UR IN THE AREA BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN EVER. SO THIS OUGHT TO END THE "BURGER WAR" SPECULATION . ENJOY

Location location location :o

Best of luck Mike, er sorry Gettalife, but you've gone a bit far from tyhe moat this time.

Confused :o

Who owns the burger place on Nimanhaemin then?

I don't know as it is a franchise and the owner of the franchise - an English guy named Brian who now calls himself "Mike" - doesn't own any of the franchises although there is a rumor that he is trying to open another Mike's somewhere on Loi Kroh Road.

When Mike sold Mike's original, he promised not to open another burger place in Chiang Mai and he has honored that.

I can't see his place in Hang Dong being much competition to Mike's Original shops all over Chiang Mai. :o

xcept that the Mike's are now crap... I can get a better burger than that in more than a handful of places, and one that's equal almost anywhere..

hi mike, is it In an Out like the So. Cal. drive thru?

The sign sure looks the exact same - I couldnt believe my eyes!

My favorite burger chain in California, that's for sure. These are the guys who dry the fries on paper towels before serving... love it.

That and the fact that Mike owns it should make for a mean burger and I shall test it out as soon as I get a chance. Never thought I would see In'n Out in Thailand :o

Note to burger enthusiasts: I said favorite burger chain, not best burger - I know better than proclaim any burger the best, trust me...

the owner of the franchise - an English guy named Brian who now calls himself "Mike" - doesn't own any of the franchises

:o:D now I'm really confused. The owner of the franchise doesn't own any of the franchises.

What the heck, I don't even like burgers!!

I heard that the guy who now owns the Mike's Original Burger company told Mike's (In an Out Burger) meat supplier that he would stop ALL of the Mike's Burger franchises from ordering from them if they accepted meat orders from Mike's new Place.

The Burger Wars are ON! :o

Well, they would be UG if Mike was in Chiang Mai!

If I am out on the piss I couldn't see myself going out to Ban Tawai for a burger, no matter how great it is!! :D

I PASSED it yesterday...too late to stop...( I would not have anyway as i was not hungry) but good to know its there...not that I go to the Hang Dong /Baan Tawai area much these days !

I ate Spaghetti Carbonara at a "so called" Italian restaurant in Bann Tawai..it was the WORST Italian food I have ever tasted..the name eludes me...and I wont be remembering it though

The Mike's Burger (Original) on Niehamihen may be owned by Daniel, a white haired Aussie. I like the burgers, and the chili.

Is Baan Tawai on the south side of Hang Dong village, or on the north side, near Kad Farang? If it's south, that's pretty far from town.

Talking of fast food - does anyone know where to get a decent Turkish style kebab in town? Alan on Kotchisarn road (east moat) used to do pretty decent chicken ones in a good pitta but he's gone. Any recommendations?

BTW, Northern Farms 150gm American Beef burgers come highly rated - Mmmmmm :o

Cheers,

Pikey.

Talking of fast food - does anyone know where to get a decent Turkish style kebab in town? Alan on Kotchisarn road (east moat) used to do pretty decent chicken ones in a good pitta but he's gone. Any recommendations?

BTW, Northern Farms 150gm American Beef burgers come highly rated - Mmmmmm :o

Cheers,

Pikey.

You could try Woody's. They do a big pork kebab in pitta. Decent hamburgers as well. They are on Chaiyapoom Road, next to the 7/11 near Changers and Bangers bar.

Great location for me... right near Kad Farang .. I will be going there alot, just hope he gets enough traffic to keep it going. I mean there is a nice pocket of Farangs out our way but no real night traffic. Anyone know the hours of the new place.. ?

I ate Spaghetti Carbonara at a "so called" Italian restaurant in Bann Tawai..it was the WORST Italian food I have ever tasted..the name eludes me...and I wont be remembering it though

Would that the be Georgios or Mr. Chan and Miss Paulines? :o

They'll need to be - it'll take half a tank of fuel to do that round trip!
he did the the new IN-N-OUT BURGER/HOTSUBS in ban tawai for the PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE! i really don't think he expects people to drive from chiang mai when u can get a great burger at the place he founded in the center of chiang mai! daaah!

It's not really in Ban Tawai is it? Ban Tawai is about 3 km east of Hang Domg from the main light in the center of town. I can't omagine anyone going there save for foreigners shopping at the handicraft markets there. Or is it near Kad Farang? Which is about 5 km closer.