Wall St. climbs as jobs data supports upbeat economic outlook

rooster59

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Somewhat ironic then.

If I understand you correctly...Nope don't support Dems or Republicans, just loath trump the person and what he represents.

Edited by simple1

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Yes, you were having such a nice day until someone pisses on it...

"Shares hit by Trump tariff threat to China"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48173020

We finished down a small fraction of a percent. Shanghai down 5.85%. Only the naive and stupid sold their shares. This is a typical example of a transfer program from the naive and fearful to those that are more sophisticated and composed.

Anybody who bought the dip is probably very well up even in a down market. As I said last night when another poster was saying it is doom and gloom the dip would be bought and only stocks lie semiconductors and such would not catch back. That is partially China and partially because of the cyclical nature of that industry.

Days like this are the bread and butter of a savvy trader. To add a cherry on the top I would wager it is most likely Trump haters that sold thinking his tweet was a bigger deal than it was. When you looked at the entire market stocks were cheap and the beauty of it was they were all arbitrarily down with no fault of their own. That meant picking what to buy was very easy.

People who follow Trump and the market closely can trade these things very well. He makes it easy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zydeco said:

Well, that headline didn't age well. Futures down massively on a Trump tweet about tariffs. All of which goes to show how fake the numbers and data are for the economy and the stock bubble. If things were fundamentally sound and reflected true strength in the economy, futures wouldn't plunge 500 points on a tweet. Or stocks increase the same amount on a labor number where labor participation is declining. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-stock-futures-tumble-trump-221450799.html

Beautiful little turn around today don't you think? I hope you bought the dip.