Soi Dogs: "Sinner" shoots "Duck-Dick" with a crossbow for the second time

rooster59

Soi Dogs: "Sinner" shoots  "Duck-Dick"  with a crossbow for the second time

dog.JPG

Image: Sanook

A Sanook reporter went to rented rooms in the Tha Sai area of Samut Sakhon yesterday after a soi dog that the locals call Duck-Dick was shot. 

Duck-Dick was pitifully cowering under a motorcycle impaled by a dart from a crossbow used to kill fish.

It had penetrated an area near the dog's left fore leg.

The reporter helped his friend Jakraphan, 18, tie up the dog so it would not run off and then took him to the vet's. 

Jakraphan said it was the second time the stray had been shot - on April 18th he had been hit in the abdomen and the wound had not yet healed. He liked to feed scraps to the stray.

Locals in the area want the person responsible found before they strike again. 

Sanook called the shooter a "sinner brazenly flouting the law". 

Thaivisa notes that Thailand has strict animal cruelty laws and if found the person responsible would face jail or a hefty fine, or both.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-04
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, justin case said:

they are worse than rats, those soi dogs, just cull them or you people like to read stories of baby's, children and adults being maimed by a pack of soi dogs and nobody gives a s...

soi dog = no owner = should be put down

You should be ashamed of yourself. Disgraceful comment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, RobMuir said:

They took a stray dog to the vet. Love the way Thais respect animals. Live and let live.

In Australia the council would have rounded up and killed Duck Dick.

Two weeks they give them to be adopted out, and then they kill them. Thousands every week.

Well Australia isnt that good for anybody, they had too many rabbits, set out a virus and killed all of them.

There are carps over there and they are destroyed by putting out again a virus (herpes) to destroy them.

Now the cats are a plague, so they will destroy them with poison, virus?

I can understand of non habitant animals to get rid of, as to be in a plague. However too late actions, as usual. But viruses?

What happens with those killing set viruses? They "say" it cannot harm humans, but what about mutating viruses? You know every government is lying like hell.

In the time with the rabbits, they only tried first on an island, but then it seems the virus was airborne and also did the "mainland". In that time there were rabbits mysteriously dying all over the world.

Native animals (kangaroo) are also a plague ,so shoot them.

Aaah the koala, he can not eat anymore, so he will die as well.

And humans, Australia puts them on a little island, doing nothing , but letting them rot and die over there. 

Making no difference to human kind?! <deleted> has happened with respect, human rights etc.

yha yha its a beautiful world.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, RobMuir said:

They took a stray dog to the vet. Love the way Thais respect animals. Live and let live.

In Australia the council would have rounded up and killed Duck Dick.

Two weeks they give them to be adopted out, and then they kill them. Thousands every week.

"Thousands every week." could very well be the reason why they are rounded up and killed.

Seems to me the situation needs to be addressed long before they get to be "thousands".

Hey guys.  I was just bitten by a dog in front of the 7-11 entrance.  Not a big bit.  Hardly broke the skin of my little finger.  But I am concerned.

I am from the USA.  I guess we put the dog in quarantine for 10 days and then maybe get shots.  It looks like here you get the shots no matter what.  I am 61 and in good health and really do not understand about the rabies vaccine.  I hear it hurts and can be dangerous.,

Any knowledgeable advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

53 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

Hey guys.  I was just bitten by a dog in front of the 7-11 entrance.  Not a big bit.  Hardly broke the skin of my little finger.  But I am concerned.

I am from the USA.  I guess we put the dog in quarantine for 10 days and then maybe get shots.  It looks like here you get the shots no matter what.  I am 61 and in good health and really do not understand about the rabies vaccine.  I hear it hurts and can be dangerous.,

Any knowledgeable advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Do not assess the situation yourself and see a doctor URGENTLY.

You will probably get a post-exposure rabies vaccine.

I was in your situation. The vaccine does not hurt but there are several shots

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

They're already well past "thousands" in Thailand. A national disgrace.

One of the things i really like here is the way Thais generally respect living things, And will hate to see them loosing this trait.

I also understand the obvious need to protect public health.

Hopefully they will manage to find some middle way of controlling the dogs reproduction by effecting their fertility without actually euthanizing them on a massive scale like other countries do.

4 hours ago, LongTang said:

One of the things i really like here is the way Thais generally respect living things, And will hate to see them loosing this trait.

Never had it. For most of Thailand's history. cockfighting was the national sport. It's still huge here.

I can remember my wife finding a snake in the garden, I offered to put it in a bin bag and release it on waste ground at the bottom of the road. "No need" she said as she brought her spade down on it and cut it in 2. She's a very devout Buddhist.

Ever seen how tigers, elephants et al are kept for the amusement of tourists? Shocking, would be banned in any Western country.

Thais have no respect at all for living things. Typical Buddhist hypocrisy.

• Like 2

All depends which side of the soi you sit on.

I previously mentioned that I had 21 dogs at 3 houses in my soi. 

And when the odd stray wanders through.. #@#$%&

All day and night.

You run the gauntlet at night walking around there. 

The owner with five facing me took it like a true Thai when I mentioned her barking dogs, and bought two more.

When we ended the lease. Enough is enough. 

And yes, they get let out to defecate in the soi.

Could rename it Dog turd alley.

The owner said, why you not say, I have friends at government who take care of... too late for me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Never had it. For most of Thailand's history. cockfighting was the national sport. It's still huge here.

I can remember my wife finding a snake in the garden, I offered to put it in a bin bag and release it on waste ground at the bottom of the road. "No need" she said as she brought her spade down on it and cut it in 2. She's a very devout Buddhist.

Ever seen how tigers, elephants et al are kept for the amusement of tourists? Shocking, would be banned in any Western country.

Thais have no respect at all for living things. Typical Buddhist hypocrisy.

Well, my experience is completely different from yours and it goes down to insects. But then again, It is a place of 70 million people, so finding exceptions will not be a real problem.

17 hours ago, johnny49r said:

Yup, Thailand has plenty of laws but nobody around to enforce them. So who ya gonna call? 

Plenty of brown uniforms, but enforcement is :hit and miss" especially on the roads.

Cruelty to animals is unacceptable, clean killing in humane circumstances a different matter

• Like 1