April Electric Bill...

moontang

My first full month with the inverter ac...high floor, West facing studio..1664 THB..I will take it!  I think replacing the 15 year old as saved me a 1000 this month..running 24/7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

April has been very hot. My electric consumption jumped to 155 kWh from 110 kWh on previous month and 71 kWh on last November. About 600 baht for a 50 sqm studio. Aircon all nights + most afternoons.

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I read that rates went up in April

No change on my bills. Still the same base price of 3.2484 baht/kWh (before taxes & charge)

Edited by Pattaya46

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I read that rates went up in April so if that is the case, the OP has done well. But check on May's bill just to make sure.

This rate rise led to some excitement.

But it's just a small rise of the "Ft" (fuel surcharge) and rises the bill by about 1%.

I am "looking forward" to our next bill (May 16).

That might be an all time high for us.

So terribly hot. No sleep without AC and even after about midday AC(s) on.

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

I have been told inverters are MORE expensive but in the long run they actually save money on electric....am thinking of getting two myself.....what is the best make??

Carrier brought refrigeration to Thailand in 1936...and was the best I ever had in 50c heat in Arizona.  Strong THB is a good time to buy the American brands.. Carrier, Trane, York.. three years ago, THB weakened to 36, and they were significantly more.  

21 minutes ago, essox essox said:

I have been told inverters are MORE expensive but in the long run they actually save money on electric....am thinking of getting two myself.....what is the best make??

The best, doubt anyone would argue Daikin (mind this is TVF!!) lots of runners up though............

My lekkie bill this month was 40% up from previous bill at 7,300, next month should be interesting :ohmy:

10 minutes ago, CGW said:

The best, doubt anyone would argue Daikin //

Maybe, but so expensive compared to LG or Samsung that are far to be bad.

Also LG/Samsung are the brands the most likely to be found in huge promotions in supermarkets at the end of the hot season (next month?). I bought a Samsung aircon with Inverter at BigC in June last year for less than 12'000 baht, including installation :thumbsup: . I have a similar model running for 6 years in another condo, without any problem on it.

I got a recent model and saved 1-2 k on my bill Then I started it more instead of my much lower-power 70 watt, non-A/C filtered fan.

Still, I know my new A/C unit is much more efficient. I actually keep a minutes-on log of both my A/C and the fan so I can track filter life-span and electric usage.

Edited by MaxYakov

In the process of building a new house. I think I will go with Carrier inverters as they seem to have the highest EER ratings. 

I have used Carrier back in the US with no issues. Carrier made the first residential unit in 1914.

21 hours ago, CGW said:

The best, doubt anyone would argue Daikin (mind this is TVF!!) lots of runners up though............

My lekkie bill this month was 40% up from previous bill at 7,300, next month should be interesting :ohmy:

I used Daikin inverters for 10 years with no problems.

Jeffrey346

Eero from Chaiyaphum.

I give you some tips whenn make new hause.

-Douple walls and between 2cm air then heat goes up and inside walls are not hot wenn sun shaining.

-douple windows

-10 cm isolation on the middle roof

-on grid solarpanel system (no akkus after 4-5 years you have to replase  new ones and one cost about 7000 bath

I have 14 panels(4,2kw) on the roof and I save 50% from electrick bills ( 168.000 Bath)

I built already two houses.

Best regards

Eero

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eero said:

Jeffrey346

Eero from Chaiyaphum.

I give you some tips whenn make new hause.

-Douple walls and between 2cm air then heat goes up and inside walls are not hot wenn sun shaining.

-douple windows

-10 cm isolation on the middle roof

-on grid solarpanel system (no akkus after 4-5 years you have to replase  new ones and one cost about 7000 bath

I have 14 panels(4,2kw) on the roof and I save 50% from electrick bills ( 168.000 Bath)

I built already two houses.

Best regards

Eero

Thanks for the advise...

From 26c to 36c in the living room with no A/C.  In the afternoon, it's up to about 35c.

Opening the doors & windows makes little difference.

Getting an A/C on special at the end of hot season.  Thanks for the tip.

This heat is nuts. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

23 hours ago, essox essox said:

Daikin. Quiet, efficient, reliable. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, essox essox said:

LG Inverter is pretty good, but to get the bill reduction (quite big reduction) you need to start the machine (by remote), set up the temp, swing, fan etc., you want, then you must press the SAVING button (right hand side row of buttons, third up from the bottom of remote) and a little plug icon comes up on the screen just under the fan bars. You need to press SAVINGS every time you turn the machine on - not difficult.

It really does reduce the bill quite a bit.

Edited by scorecard

I rplaced a 10-year old combined freezer/fridge with a linear-inverter model; saved me more than 1,000 baht a month on the electric bill...????

In the crystal clear bright light of hindsight, I should have done that five years ago, then the freezer/fridge had already paid for itself, and I could have 1,000 baht extra in my pocket every month...????

• Thanks 2

I just put in a new inverter a/c unit but up the electricity in our neighborhood in NongKhai is at such a low supply state that we can't even run the a/c most of the time. My son and I have been building some metal benches and clothes drying racks and much of the time there isn't even enough electricity to run the welding machine.

Edited by Lee4Life

On 5/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, Pattaya46 said:

Maybe, but so expensive compared to LG or Samsung that are far to be bad.

Also LG/Samsung are the brands the most likely to be found in huge promotions in supermarkets at the end of the hot season (next month?). I bought a Samsung aircon with Inverter at BigC in June last year for less than 12'000 baht, including installation :thumbsup: . I have a similar model running for 6 years in another condo, without any problem on it.

I bought a 21,000 Samsung inverter AC at Power Mall nearly five years ago and deeply regret it. I have averaged between 3000-4000 baht a year in repairs. Samsung Service and warranty is useless. Literally takes hours on hold to make an appointment, never less than a 5 day wait, then 5++ days more while they order parts which have never yet qualified for warranty.  Finally started using an independent repair service on my soi. Same day initial check, always have parts next day, 1/2 the Samsung price. 

IMHO, Samsung applies inverse atmospheric pressure.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:17 AM, moontang said:

Carrier brought refrigeration to Thailand in 1936...and was the best I ever had in 50c heat in Arizona.  Strong THB is a good time to buy the American brands.. Carrier, Trane, York.. three years ago, THB weakened to 36, and they were significantly more.  

American brands are noisy. I bought a Trane and the noise of the compressor and the indoor unit both greatly exceeded the published values. I requested they take them back because of the noise and refund my money and they did without argument which means they knew they were unacceptably noisy.

Americans don't care about noise.

Somebody gave me an old Saijo denki aps unit; no yet installed 

do you know this brand ? from the name, I think it's from Japan 

can I install it or better to have a new one ? I have already a Daikin inverter, very good

thanks 

15 hours ago, Advocate said:

American brands are noisy. I bought a Trane and the noise of the compressor and the indoor unit both greatly exceeded the published values. I requested they take them back because of the noise and refund my money and they did without argument which means they knew they were unacceptably noisy.

Americans don't care about noise.

I actually use the wall fan to drown out external noise at night, the ac is so quiet.  The American Carriers were a bit noisy, but they worked so well, no one seemed to care.  The inverters run so low to maintain the cool, it is very quiet.  People that placed to much value on quiet cars bought GM instead of Toyota, and got slaughtered at trade in time.  Don't know where in Thailand is perfectly quiet, but is sure as heck isn't in bkk or CM.. and their suburbs are usually worse. 

On 5/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, essox essox said:

I did have a good look around(internet) before I bought my aircon end of last year, the info I got was Mitsubishi with inverter is the best to buy,also one of the most expensive, when I went into the local store they had the Mitsubishi non-inverter type at a fair price but they had one of my favourite electrical brands on offer, a Samsung inverter type, there were cheaper no-name ones, what a blessing it has been, lovely quite unit, and I'm very surprised at how low the running cost have been, years ago when using old clunker aircon's the bills were huge.

Edited by eddysmit