Brexit deal could be done in "next few days", top Conservative says

rooster59

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

D) Tell the EU that we've had enough of the extension and we're not signing the Merkel/May Surrender Document, so we have decided that we left already. Sorry, no more contributions coming.

So, why not 29 March or 14 April ? 

A lot of British industries / jobs already migrated to Europe, quite some parts and components are already replaced by EU made, and what you import from the EU you cannot get better from elsewhere, but once out, YOUR products seen import duty will be out of competition for the EU. Wll benefit the EU a LOT more that that little contribution from the Brits.  Remind also, a LOT of activities done now on EU scale, what you Brits have to do then all yourselves. Remind food safety ( RASFF and EFSA) , CE norm, medicines ( EMI) and so much more. It's now 2019, NOT 1919... 

Bye-bye. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Following last weeks local elections and the sheer panic from May I doubt there can be hardly any Brexiteers left who are prepared to go along with her Brexit.  There will be a handful of the very naïve who keep saying "leave without a deal" or "just leave now!" but even they can see that that isn't going to happen and never was.

But that "handful of the the very naive" are single-issue obsessives. They will bombard every talk radio switchboard with calls. They will leave no post online uncontradicted with a barrage of links and memes in reply. And Mr. Putin is siding with them.

They are a very dangerous opponent and any attempt to simply brush them off is quite frankly, bloody silly. Do not take your eye off the ball - they won't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, baboon said:

But that "handful of the the very naive" are single-issue obsessives. They will bombard every talk radio switchboard with calls. They will leave no post online uncontradicted with a barrage of links and memes in reply. And Mr. Putin is siding with them.

They are a very dangerous opponent and any attempt to simply brush them off is quite frankly, bloody silly. Do not take your eye off the ball - they won't. 

Teddys avatar explains how the above came about...

"Can yer tell wot it is yet?"

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

And then Brexiteers complain when you call them uneducated and stupid. Suggestions like this show they are. 

It’s the only way to ‘deal’ with people like you and the EU. No more of the non-negotiation phase. Stop the contributions.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Brexit party storms the EU parliament ? With 28% of the 75 British seats, till end of Oct ? Nobody cares. only Nigel Farage and his colleagues, seen their pension from the EU.
Simple: No British payment for all their obligations ? Start with throwing all British out of all EU governmental jobs. For their pensions: go to the British government.

Every euro that is paid to UK MEPs and gravy train riders is simply our own UK contribution coming back.
Don’t just stop with the UK nationals, throw the whole country out of your EU club. That’s what we want! Please!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 9:12 AM, rooster59 said:

"There is a deal that could be done in the next few days ... and I really hope we can get to that point,"

Or the next few weeks, or the next few months, or the next few years, or the next few decades. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Yes. To pro-EU parties as the Local council elections showed ???? 

...and collecting massive MEP pensions ???? 

Pfffftttttt…,:whistling: he cant beat our Juncker in pension very soon … peanuts for him comparing that one  :tongue:

1 minute ago, RickBradford said:

Things have certainly come to an interesting pass when the Tories and the Labour Party, who should be sworn ideological enemies, are considering joining forces to thwart the mandate given to them by the electorate.

If the UK holds European elections later this month, Farage's party is going to hand out the most almighty kicking to the established parties. That'll be fun; a European parliament with 73 anti-EU troublemakers in it.

Perhaps every cloud has a silver lining after all.

The SNP is looking likely to win 3 MEPs in Scotland with 1 apiece for the Tories, Labour and the Brexit Party so looks like a maximum of 70 troublemakers and 3 adults. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

The SNP is looking likely to win 3 MEPs in Scotland with 1 apiece for the Tories, Labour and the Brexit Party so looks like a maximum of 70 troublemakers and 3 adults. 

Good point. The EU will be profoundly grateful of the crucial support of the SNP as it goes forward with its initiatives. I think Plaid Cymru might supply yet another MEP, making the team even stronger.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Good point. The EU will be profoundly grateful of the crucial support of the SNP as it goes forward with its initiatives. I think Plaid Cymru might supply yet another MEP, making the team even stronger.

Utterly essential in my book - all good for propaganda purposes, but my point was more a casual observation of the repeated failure of so many to understand than England ≠ the UK. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Utterly essential in my book - all good for propaganda purposes, but my point was more a casual observation of the repeated failure of so many to understand than England ≠ the UK. 

I should have remembered the 3 from Northern Ireland, too. It's too bad that Mebyon Kernow has decided not to stand this time, that might have added another regional voice.

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Yes. To pro-EU parties as the Local council elections showed ???? 

...and collecting massive MEP pensions ???? 

And to Independents, as there were no Brexit candidates for Local elections.

Whatever Farage takes out of the EU gets a big thumbs up from me. Any Brit who can take money out of the EU is only taking back what should be ours anyway.  There are too many on the EU gravy train like the Kinnocks and I would be happy to see them losing their cushy lifestyles with the cash going back to the UK, not staying in EU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, the guest said:

UK has clearly become a banana republic, not respecting the wishes of the majority. Democracy it seems has taken a back seat. Shame on you !

Take it to conclusion, the once great UK is now uk , is finished.RIP.

Thx , ill informed voters , who swallowed the sht ..  big time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickBradford said:

Things have certainly come to an interesting pass when the Tories and the Labour Party, who should be sworn ideological enemies, are considering joining forces to thwart the mandate given to them by the electorate.

If the UK holds European elections later this month, Farage's party is going to hand out the most almighty kicking to the established parties. That'll be fun; a European parliament with 73 anti-EU troublemakers in it.

Perhaps every cloud has a silver lining after all.

Farage described the above as 'a remain coalition' on Sky yesterday. 

• Like 1