Move Hua HIn to Jomtien ?????

YorkshireTyke

Hello People

I have lived in Hua Hin for 7 years but due to relationship problems I need to move, HH is too small when everyone knows both parties.

I know a lot of people from Patts/Jomtien have holidayed/lived or visited HH so a lot of you know the kind of place it is. I have only been to Jomtien for a day to sit on the beach with friends eating seafood and drinking so is Jomtien far removed from the nightlife and hustle of Patts so more like HH or still a bit 'in your face?' like Patts?

In HH I lived off Soi 94 where within a 15 minute walk I could visit many bars and restaurants whilst avoiding the main girly bar areas of soi 80 and Bintabaht, are there places in Jomtien like this ?

Also in HH around Soi 88/94 there are many condo buildings where a studio room can be rented for 5,000-7,000 per month, anywhere like this in Jomtien ? I want to rent while I decide if Jomtien suits my needs, I have a 3 bed pool villa here in HH and would look to rent a 2 bed house if I decide to stay.

BTW I am a 58 y.o Brit, retired 7 years and do very little ! I don't play golf, I usually spend 1 - 1.5 hours walking on the beach most days, an hour on the internet, and very little else.

So areas to look  to rent, preferably not far from the beach, and close enough to walk to bars a few nights a week, I don't ride my scooter when I'm drinking which is why I chose Soi 94 here in HH.

Probably aim to head up there at the end of this week but all suggestions and advice appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

BTW I am a 58 y.o Brit, retired 7 years and do very little ! I don't play golf, I usually spend 1 - 1.5 hours walking on the beach most days, an hour on the internet, and very little else.

I'd stay in Hua Hin, the pool villa sounds nice, no need to go out much.

I also enjoy walking on the beach, I usually walked down from the train station, along the beach past the posh hotel and over to the little harbour for beer on the pier.

IMG_20180317_092529_PANO.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Staying in HH is not an option I'm afraid, I wish I could as it's the best place I have found for my situation in Thailand.

I don't want to be near Patts but not in the sticks either, I want a bit of expat company and food !

Edit : If I stay in Jomtien I guess I could visit Bang saray and Chang as never been or heard of them.

Edited by YorkshireTyke
Addition
  • Like 1

"Six degrees of separation is the idea that all people are six, or fewer, social connections away from each other. As a result, a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of six steps."

In Hua Hin it is one connection. :cheesy:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I think you will like Jomtien. I have a two bed house minutes walk to market, 7/11 mini lotus and restaurants, bars etc. Beach less than 10 minutes away which I walk for an hour every morning. Big C and Malls only 5 minutes by car/bike. Quite area yet everything you want so close and some bars open til 4am if you want that. Plenty studio condos at 7k or up, a new two bed two bath house by me will be finished soon at 10k unfurnished but cant beat the location. Plenty relaxed expats similar age. I love it here, even immigration only a few minutes away. If you want can get to Patters for 10 baht on baht bus. Forget Bang Saray its a one pony town with nothing going on and everything you need have to go to Pattaya or Sattahip for. Rimhad condo 32sqm start at 7k and is located on the beach road.

That sound great baansgr.

If I settle there I would expect to pay 10-15k for the right property so the one you mention is well within my budget. In Hh many houses 12-15k on FB but if you take time walking/riding around a 2 bed can be had for 8-10k in a good area.

Where is the best place to find a condo for rent: FB, agent or visit the condo directly ?

Go to phuket jomtien and most of pattaya are now filled with 4-6 months dangerous air pollution and garbage littered year round.  Unless you are a sex addict or alcoholic you can have other choices lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

been coming here for over 10 years...past 5 living.....never seen any air pollution.....crazy talk :sad:

then you seriously need to wake up... the WHO 2.5 particle levels are well above the recommended safe level for over 4 months this high season and you can't notice it lol... are you a heavy smoker? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

To the last few posters If you read my OP I avoid the red light districts in HH so I certainly don't want to go to Patts !!!!

oooh yes you will....the delights of soi Buakhow/New Plaza are like a magnet for the innocents.....:cheesy:

4 minutes ago, losworld said:

then you seriously need to wake up... the WHO 2.5 particle levels are well above the recommended safe level for over 4 months this high season and you can't notice it lol... are you a heavy smoker? 

i would advise all to read this and let it sink in...

https://www.thethailandlife.com/air-pollution-thailand

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, losworld said:

I think you are referring to Chaing Mai my friend :sad: never ever have I seen this referred to here in Pattaya

Never smoked in my life by the way ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

oooh yes you will....the delights of soi Buakhow/New Plaza are like a magnet for the innocents.....:cheesy:

Innocent ? Been travelling 3 times a year from 2003 -2012 then retired here and lived permanently since Feb 2012.............................

• Like 1

Just now, petermik said:

I think you are referring to Chaing Mai my friend :sad: never ever have I seen this referred to here in Pattaya

Never smoked in my life by the way ????

read the article i have posted do some research  then you may have a different perspective... I am not referring to Chiang Mai...

7 hours ago, losworld said:

read the article i have posted do some research  then you may have a different perspective... I am not referring to Chiang Mai...

You are the first person in all the time I have been coming/living here to mention air polution....I,m sat here most days on my fourth floor balcony looking out towards the beach and never any signs or indication as to air polution.....have you losworld ever been here and experienced this so called polution?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, losworld said:

Go to phuket jomtien and most of pattaya are now filled with 4-6 months dangerous air pollution and garbage littered year round.  Unless you are a sex addict or alcoholic you can have other choices lol.

I have condos in Pattaya and Bangkok and neither is 'garbage littered year round'.  I don't see much difference between the two.  Sure, some litter here and there but nothing like the litter I saw in Rome last week.  The beaches are now being kept pretty clean, too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

I have condos in Pattaya and Bangkok and neither is 'garbage littered year round'.  I don't see much difference between the two.  Sure, some litter here and there but nothing like the litter I saw in Rome last week.  The beaches are now being kept pretty clean, too.

take a drive along the beaten path just behind beach road and you will see plenty of trash... take a drive through pratumnak and you will see plenty of trash... maybe outside your condo you don't see any but that is hardly indicative of Pattaya lol

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

You are the first person in all the time I have been coming/living here to mention air polution....I,m sat here most days on my fourth floor balcony looking out towards the beach and never any signs or indication as to air polution.....have you losworld ever been here and experienced this so called polution?

okay no need for anyone to collect any 2.5 data cause you can tell better from your balcony... have you not noticed that one is unable to see koh larn for most of the high season lol.  why not try reading an article or two... don't take it from me... there are even plenty of posts on tv about the pollution...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You need to look at the darkside - across the Sukhumvit highway and inland from Jomtien and Pattaya. Between 5 and 10 km from both. Plenty of good quality bars and other forms of entertainment. But if you develop a regular patronage of a bar on the seaward side, then get in good with the local bike taxis to pick you up and take you home. Not everyone likes it, but I've owned property there for several years and will never sell up and move on. Search the TV forums for more enlightenment.

• Like 1