3-4 month holiday in Thailand

The last years I have stayed every winter 6 month in Thailand based on Retirement-visa and following years 1 year extension.

After the new rules  I cannot meet the new requirements. I wonder if any can advise me how to stay for just 3-4- month, without a visa-run and without economic requirements, if possible ?

Edited by Nielsk

7 minutes ago, Nielsk said:

I wonder if any can advise me how to stay for just 3-4- month, without a visa-run and without economic requirements, if possible ?

METV with 200,000 in the bank (your home bank, not a Thai bank) for a 4 month stay but you'd have to do a visa run. 3 months you could do with an SETV (20,000 in your bank) + 30 day extension.

A single entry tourist visa would allow you to stay 90 days by extending the 60 day entry from it for 30 days. Then you could  do a border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry that could be extended for 30 days.

A multiple entry tourist visa would allow a total stay of 6 months by doing one border hop for a new 60 day entry after extending the first 60 day entry for 30 days.

Another option might be to get a OA long stay visa at the Thai embassy in your home country. See here for the requirements.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

The OA visa allows unlimited one year entries for one year from the date of issue.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Cambodia is nice, lots of expats in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.

$150 for a 6 month multi entry extension of an ordinary $35 1 month VISA.

No reason to choose Thailand.

So why are you still here?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A single entry tourist visa would allow you to stay 90 days by extending the 60 day entry from it for 30 days. Then you could  do a border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry that could be extended for 30 days.

A multiple entry tourist visa would allow a total stay of 6 months by doing one border hop for a new 60 day entry after extending the first 60 day entry for 30 days.

Another option might be to get a OA long stay visa at the Thai embassy in your home country. See here for the requirements.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

The OA visa allows unlimited one year entries for one year from the date of issue.

As always a clear and understandable answer. Thank You Ubonjoe !!

• Like 1

Like BritManToo says, if you insist on no visa run and no financials, at all, for either of these, then it can't be done.  You can also consider Vietnam with a 3 month visa for around $80USD, which can be extended inside Vietnam.

If you don't mind showing 20k baht, you can get a 60 tourist visa, and pay 1900 baht and extend it for 30 days, so there is your 3 months. 

It's the fourth month that you want that will cause you to either have to do a visa run, or show more financials that 20k.  

UJ's advice is correct, but involves a visa run, or in the case of an O-A, some financials.  Your OP stated you didn't want either of these. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1