Palang Pracharat confident it can form majority coalition

webfact

Palang Pracharat confident it can form majority coalition 

Palang-Pracharat2.jpg

The Palang Pracharat party is confident it will be able to muster more than 250 MPs to form a majority coalition government after the Election Commission today announced the official election results in 349 constituencies, the one exception being Chiang Mai’s Constituency Eight.

Deputy party spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said today that the party is also confident that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will win the vote in the parliament to become prime minister for a second term.

He called on all parties to play by the rules in a constructive manner for the sake of peace and to allow the new government to perform its duties.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/palang-pracharat-confident-it-can-form-majority-coalition/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-08

Surprise Surprise Surprise  No one could have predicted this development.

Inspite of the odds stacked him...it is now a near certain that former Prime Minister...surprisingly, one day after the new king coronation...will retain his position in the newly elected government...democratic countries around the world will send well wishes to the new democratic government of Thailand.

Good job Thailand! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They will be there for a long time because they all know that every day that goes by, every month, every year, more and more people see them for what they are.... They know that the next election they will be absolutely decimated by FFP, so for that reason they simply cannot allow it to happen.

• Like 1

"Deputy party spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said today that the party is also confident that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will win the vote in the parliament to become prime minister for a second term."

That's a bit cheeky, referring to his time in office as unelected junta leader as his first term, now hoping for a second term.

• Like 2

A very good result for a party who won 97 seats out of 500. Most people wouldn’t call that a win, but it was close enough.

A mandate from the people.

Another party won 136 out of 200, certainly looks like much more of a mandate to me....  

Considering all the rigging by the EC a fantastic result.

Currently the EC is trying to get the pro junta block a majority by abusing the law, the original election results had an anti junta majority...

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Another party won 136 out of 200, certainly looks like much more of a mandate to me....

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Nah, I think you will find that the 97 will be enough in this case. 

Even if it was only 27, that would have been enough. It isn’t the numbers that matter, more the vibe of the thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

More like a disaster to win only 97 seats. They had 4 years headstart, deep pockets for populist policies, endless PR stunts for Prayut and even a dinner donation drive before official campaigning was allowed. Then they bought incumbent cobra politicians, dissolved a popular party and load the EC with their own people. They targeted at least 250 seats but only got 97. Massive loss of face and a resounding no from the people.  

Only a loss of face if they lost. Winners are grinners.

But they won. It isn’t how you play the game but if you win or lose.

The score is irrelevant.

i am sure they have learnt some valuable lessons, and when they have the next election in 8 years from now they will be able to improve on that 97 seat score.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eligius said:

Of course they are confident that they will be the 'new' government: we have all (well, most of us here) been more than confident of that for years now.

How delightful it must be to be able to write one's own Constitution and one's own 'election' result!

To be fair, they didn't write the election result and are now blundering around to 'correct' it (the result). They rigged the bloody thing and still looked awful.

But hey ho, the public will not do as little as even openly sneering at them. They couldn't even be bothered to not vote. Then let them enjoy Prayudth, Wissanu, Prawit and the rest of the boys' smirks at their expense, day after day. Game Over.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, peter14 said:

time to leave thailand....

yeah. im tired of my whole life revolving around the next visa or visa extension and always being scared or worried about the next visa. I wish I never came to thailand or wasted ten years of my money and young life here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Essecola said:

yeah. im tired of my whole life revolving around the next visa or visa extension and always being scared or worried about the next visa. I wish I never came to thailand or wasted ten years of my money and young life here.

Yes...looking back on it it was a waste of time,money and resources.

I could have learned all that I needed to know in 3 months.Instead I spent more than enough time observing a never ending series of Christmas panto's-Thai political,social and cultural style.

Keep well battened up guys for "winter is coming"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes...looking back on it it was a waste of time,money and resources.

I could have learned all that I needed to know in 3 months.Instead I spent more than enough time observing a never ending series of Christmas panto's-Thai political,social and cultural style.

Keep well battened down guys for "winter is coming"