Good news for cigarette smokers - less so for those who roll their own

webfact

3 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

You are a clever one, aren't you? Maybe you should be an advisor for the thai government. A toptier scientist has been lost on you.

To quote your own article:

"The new evidence doesn’t mean cigarettes are safer than e-cigarettes. In fact, medical experts agree that vaping is far better for health than smoking, one of the deadliest habits known to humankind. (And that message about relative risk appears to be getting lost, as more and more people erroneously believe e-cigarettes are as or more dangerous than tobacco.)"

But as i already, not going into deep discussions with narrow-minded people that lack reading comprehension.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Blimey, must find a balcony pronto.....????

But, it reads like you're having a bad day, may I suggest a spliff...????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Can't come soon enough for me. I really need to kick the habit for health reasons. Tried vaping when back in the UK, seemed the ideal means of making the transition to me.

hope you kick it. I did recently, well 4 months ago and havent looked back. I kicked it using cigars. I know that sounds weird but training my self to drag differently and not inhale coupled with the massive dose of nicotine got me off the cigs and I just reduced the cigars down to zero incrementally. Not sure i recommenced it though....worked for me. . 

This is actually a great issue to put on display, for a fact, how we vote on politics. 

Smokers disapprove of more taxes on cigs

Non smokers approve of more taxes on cigs

What we can learn, but for some reason fail to admit, is people only care about themselves. What is "right" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Because honestly, cmon, it is not illegal to smoke so it obviously is not right to tax cigs so aggressively. 

Same with the politicians and other rich folk in charge, whatever will bring them the most power, influence and money... that is what their "opinion" will be based on. 

The greatest part is, you get a politician who does not behave this way, and change his opinion every time the wind blows, and he is an outcast. 

12 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The new evidence doesn’t mean cigarettes are safer than e-cigarettes. In fact, medical experts agree that vaping is far better for health than smoking, one of the deadliest habits known to humankind.

The other one is telling your wife she is looking a little fat these days.????

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Blimey, must find a balcony pronto.....????

But, it reads like you're having a bad day, may I suggest a spliff...????

No thanks. 

I don't smoke, especially not weed, it smells even more disgusting ????.

Not everyone who's correcting the bullshit you let out of your mouth automatically has a bad day. He might just dislike bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No thanks. 

I don't smoke, especially not weed, it smells even more disgusting ????.

Not everyone who's correcting the bullshit you let out of your mouth automatically has a bad day. He might just dislike bullshit. 

Do you drive a diesel ...Be honest...

31 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

But as said already, not going into deep discussions with narrow-minded people that lack reading comprehension.

Has my vote for the best "Ironic" statement of the week ???? 

4 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No, 

What's the point of owning a car in Bangkok? 

Doesn't matter where one lives...Diesel rides are chucking out chunks of stuff that folk may not smell but are breathing in every day that may kill them and causing more harm than folk having a fag...But that diesel stuff is accepted because it would mean buffalo or bicycle transport...

Diesel, benzine, aviation fuel is burned up at an horrendous rate which folk are breathing in, yet folk like you THINK the fag guy is a big ploblem.......Totally daft...

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I guess you're not in Chiang Mai then.

Bit off topic but worth a read.....In the UK (London) I was on a lung puffer for years....Moved to LOS in a nice area near a lake...Within no time I did not need a puffer, still don't..

About 5 years back we had a short break in CM.....After a couple of days I thought I needed my puffer.......

Got home, couple of days I was fine again....

This is a fact post...

2 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I'm a non smoker and I don't care if there are more taxes on tobacco;

I would like to see more and more  taxes on alcool and especially on the alcohols sold in these so-called Thai whiskeys:

But of course.

Don't do anything serious about pollution, witch kills or harm way more than tobacco.

North Thailand worst area in the world for pollution, with farmers out of any control, with burning forest to get mushrooms, with songthaew and tuk-tuk emitting huge amount of toxic smog... Nothing done, too much work.

Smokers as scapegoat are so much easy. Just put taxes. No effort, big money...

How the world is stupid (not only Thailand) by putting so much energy and money to fight the smokers, and doing nothing about pollutions... 

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

If only we had an alternative to cigarettes that is more healthy and electronic. 

you can blame Walter Raleigh for that one so I'm told

Doesn't matter where one lives...Diesel rides are chucking out chunks of stuff that folk may not smell but are breathing in every day that may kill them and causing more harm than folk having a fag...But that diesel stuff is accepted because it would mean buffalo or bicycle transport...
Diesel, benzine, aviation fuel is burned up at an horrendous rate which folk are breathing in, yet folk like you THINK the fag guy is a big ploblem.......Totally daft...

Dude i am not disagreeing at all, i only make fun of their hypocrisy to ban vapes and higher taxes on poor folks stuff like rolled tobacco while big tobacco can do <deleted> they want and we breath smog whole day long.

We all know they are just full of shit here and it's all about who earns money with tobacco here.

I am not for banning anything at all and they should just keep out of this shit and let people do what they want.

Unlike driving drunk or falling asleep while driving, which is the norm in this beautifuel country, there's not much risk to the general public from vaping or rolling tobaccos.

Smoking serves no purpose whatsoever except to alleviate the cravings of the addicts. The fact that the smog/haze is also hazardous is a bit of a straw man argument. Lead in petrol has been banned for ages, and if the Thai police did their job properly and prosecuted field burners and ensured vehicles were properly maintained the problem would be far less.

Belching buses have a purpose, they carry people from A to B, as do ships and planes.

The purpose of burning fields is to prepare for the next crop. What is the purpose of smoking?

As for tobacco companies their behavior over the years has been appalling.John Oliver sums it up nicely. He does it in an amusing way but really the subject is DEADLY serious.

Try smoking a pipe with quality tobacco. Not near the health risk of cigarettes and the cost would be about $40 a month. I have been a pipe smoker for 55 years. Lungs and heart are fine. Join Einstein, MacArthur, Hefner, Popeye and Santa Claus in having enjoyed a pipe.

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

A lot of bills are coming Due, The whole country is on take for taxes

Sorry for being at least a bit OT:
Are there plans (which went public...) for another tax hike on booze?
If they don't increase the tax on cigs they may look for one or more alternatives to squeeze out the people even more. There are huge black holes in the fiscal budget which must be fed.....

Fantastic! Now smokers show your appreciation by not throwing your butts everywhere.
No one would do that if those dumb asses would install trashcans like everywhere else in the world. They even removed all trashcans in front of emquartier and co.

Walt Disney found out how that shit works many many years ago but thailand doesn't learn from past mistakes.

7 hours ago, CGW said:

Do you really think that vaping is as safe as the "sellers" make out? great selling point for now, but there is no scientific data to support this "fact.

They appear to have resurrected the old advertising campaign that used to tell us smoking was safe!

I know what your reply is going to be ???? you want to hold onto "its safe" for as long as possible & I understand - just prepare for disappointment in the meantime enjoy  ???? 

"There are many unknowns about vaping, including what chemicals make up the vapor and how they affect physical health over the long term."

The NHS advice is that it is 95% safer than smoking. I don't think that the NHS has shares in vaping companies.

6 hours ago, briansbiology said:

hope you kick it. I did recently, well 4 months ago and havent looked back. I kicked it using cigars. I know that sounds weird but training my self to drag differently and not inhale coupled with the massive dose of nicotine got me off the cigs and I just reduced the cigars down to zero incrementally. Not sure i recommenced it though....worked for me. . 

Tried that years ago. Ended up on 20 cigars/day. Only thing that I had success with was nicotine gum. Managed to stay off the fags for 10 years with that.

6 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

This is actually a great issue to put on display, for a fact, how we vote on politics. 

What we can learn, but for some reason fail to admit, is people only care about themselves. What is "right" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Because honestly, cmon, it is not illegal to smoke so it obviously is not right to tax cigs so aggressively. 

Same with the politicians and other rich folk in charge, whatever will bring them the most power, influence and money... that is what their "opinion" will be based on. 

The greatest part is, you get a politician who does not behave this way, and change his opinion every time the wind blows, and he is an outcast. 

As a smoker, I can assure you that it's untrue. I've never bemoaned increases on cigarettes. Filthy habit and, mucdh more importantly,seriously damages your health.

14 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The NHS advice is that it is 95% safer than smoking. I don't think that the NHS has shares in vaping companies.

NHS? would that be the same people that were about thirty years late telling people that smoking was killing them?

Vaping is too good to be true, clouds of smoke, chemicals and harmless? - time will tell.....................................

A 50 gram packet of tobacco in Auss will set you back Aud$85.00 these days

Plus filters, papers and lighters its an expensive habit these days

Glad I gave it away, I used to smoke 6 packets per month ($520.00p/m) before I gave it up 

1 hour ago, CGW said:

NHS? would that be the same people that were about thirty years late telling people that smoking was killing them?

Vaping is too good to be true, clouds of smoke, chemicals and harmless? - time will tell.....................................

There's no smoke. It's steam with food flavour. Same shit you eat every day. 

Liquid contains of vegetable glycerin, which is used in cosmetics and food and propylebe glycol... Which is also used in food.. 

And food aroma.... 

Nothing ever burns... 

Archived