Tramadol (Tindol)

dddave

40 minutes ago, mackayae said:

I would say no, buy you can find one that does, just check around. Typically 5 baht/tablet.

I get mine prescribed at my local Government Hospital, 1 (one) baht per tablet.

Depends where you live. Pattaya has pharmacists that will sell no problem in Fact until recently I was buying 1000 tablet container for 3700 baht from a pharmacy on beach rd but was able to wean my self off them a month ago .

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1

It is legal to sell without prescription but with some conditions: must be a grade one pharmacist on duty, and they must keep records of sales. Many pharmacies just don't want to bother with that.

In addition to the specific legal requiremebns, pharmacies get blow back if they sell to drug abusers and unfortunately abuse of this drug is popular with Thai youth. As a result some pharmacies only sell to customers they know or who appear to them to be "respectable"...and again some solve the problem by just not selling it at all....or requiri g a prescription even though not legally required.

A well dressed conservative appearance and asking for not more than 1-2 strips may help. And go to a large pharmacy which has "real" pharmacists. If you indicate where you live, may be able to suggest further.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

I confirm what Sheryl says. Boots in Bkk sold me a limited quantity of Tramadol (Tramal retard) but needed the in shop Pharmacist to authorize the sale and a record was kept of my details.

Edited by homeseeker
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the helpful replies. It appears buying Tramadol is a matter of right place, right time.

I live in Phra Khanong so I'll give the large pharmacy in Klong Tan a try but other suggestions appreciated.