If you thought registering your Rabbit card was a pain, welcome to Line Pay registration!

On 5/8/2019 at 4:24 PM, Crossy said:

You'll still need to register your new card, so take your passport with you, it's pretty painless now the rush is over.

My debit card is also a rabbit card (Bangkok bank) I am still able to top up through the banks on line payment system as before but I am sure the bank already has all the information it needs from my account information anyway.

UPDATE: the activation of Rabbit Line PAY on top of already working Wallet Line PAY
Yesterday I decided to continue on the procedure to enable Rabbit Line PAY.

After the update was downloaded and installed the process could go on.

The screen was asking for the laser code, which is on the rear side of the Thai ID Card for Thai Nationals.

This I as it is not on the rear side on my Thai ID card non Nationals so have to bypass and clicked  'other options' then a screen was asking me me for two things, two pictures. One from the ID and the other from the bearer while holding the ID.

Ok, as requested I then took an picture of my ID Card and again one as an selfie.

Next was the message that it was sent to the server, and one minute later I was verified and Rabbit Line PAY was accesible and fully operatable as it was designed for.

Just to let you know.... I *** FINALLY *** was able to upload photos of my passport & me/passport that were acceptable to LINE Pay.  They were approved.  Grrrrr! 

Next step: I have to see if there's a way that I can "charge" money onto this Rabbit LINE Pay card so that it can be used by the Rabbit card reader at my local food court, in the same way that it used to work before I "linked" this card to LINE Pay.  Ah.... the little challenges of life.... sigh.....

3 minutes ago, carlf said:

Next step: I have to see if there's a way that I can "charge" money onto this Rabbit LINE Pay card so that it can be used by the Rabbit card reader at my local food court, in the same way that it used to work before I "linked" this card to LINE Pay.  Ah.... the little challenges of life.... sigh.....

You will need to find a place with a reload terminal that doesn't yet know about Line Pay.

You're not really supposed to carry a balance on a Line Pay enabled card but it does seem to work and the back-office doesn't get too upset. But I would keep that balance low, eventually all terminals will understand Line Pay and the card balance will get orphaned and you may not be able to recover it.

Right, same problem. Can't top-up BTS card or do anything until we send them all our personal details and photos of ourselves holding passport.  I think I'll ditch this Rabbit card and just get a new un-linked one once all the trips are used. Topping up by credit card at the window is no hassle really, probably quicker than doing it on the phone. Plus an unlinked card shows you your remaining balance at the turnstile whereas a linked one only shows on your phone.
You can't stop up the BTS card with a credit card anymore.
I have tried many times. So make sure you have more than100 baht in cash on you.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't do the additional proof of identity requirements yet, thinking I would just run down the balance and then decide. After end of May the credit that is still on my LINE linked card is unusable.  Just goes booooop when I try to tap in.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:05 AM, Crossy said:

Line Pay is dead handy for […] even paying in shops and restaurants, no need for cash.

I’ve tried to pay with Rabbit Line Pay several places, it has still not worked for me. At the place with the terminal shown below, the cashier didn’t even want to try making it work, she told me that I could not use LINE Pay, I showed her that the Rabbit Line Pay logo on her terminal was the same as on my phone, but she just told me it does not work.

At least at the other places they tried to scan my QR code, both with the regular scanner and the Rabbit terminal, but neither worked.

I created a topic asking if anyone had actually used it, it got zero replies.

image.png.9161f56b64ab5b5f2b97c30d89ead50b.png

On 5/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, YT3k72Em said:

Right, same problem. Can't top-up BTS card or do anything until we send them all our personal details and photos of ourselves holding passport.  I think I'll ditch this Rabbit card and just get a new un-linked one once all the trips are used. Topping up by credit card at the window is no hassle really, probably quicker than doing it on the phone. Plus an unlinked card shows you your remaining balance at the turnstile whereas a linked one only shows on your phone.

When linking your BTS card, it should ask for a debit card to use for BTS trips.

After this, your trips are debited directly to this card, there is no balance and thus no need to top up.

Linking your BTS card require entering the card serial number and going to a BTS station to “activate” it, which does require your passport. But the extended validation was not necessary for me.

I consider it a major improvement over manually having to watch the balance of my Rabbit card and topping it up as necessary.

All sounds like a real PITA.

Being a monetary “Luddite”,  I really prefer cash.  How do you all pay for things/give money to people like me who aren’t tethered to the system?  When I read comments like “you’d better have at least ฿100 cash on you”,  I’m blown away.  I know the banksters would love a cashless society so that they can continue to skim off the top...but I guess I’m just not modern enough to grasp why people are so willing to move towards this kind of “money”.

Are you all gonna line up to be microchipped when that time comes?

35 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I know the banksters would love a cashless society so that they can continue to skim off the top...but I guess I’m just not modern enough to grasp why people are so willing to move towards this kind of “money”.

I'm in Norway right now on an extended vacation.

Everything is cashless here, even parking the car you use your smart phone ! When I arrived I needed to download several apps to my phone, or else I would not be able to function.  Nobody carry cash with them here. Not even credit cards, as long as your phone apps been verified, you pay for every service available, transfer money, buying food, taxi, buses etc.

I took a trip with the train here, had to scan the barcode on my phone to enter.

Welcome to the future, Thailand is like the stoneage compared to Norway .

Archived