Behave! Rude Thais told to use the escalator and not the handicapped lift

webfact

4 hours ago, GBW said:

What, is there no security officers at the station to curb this selfish behavior? Or at the least instruct these morons to give right of way to a disabled person. 

The security would be the first to get on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I thought Thais have. to behave as Japanese ?

Thais could never behave like the Japanese, even the ones with a good education and plenty of money.

They don't have the manners, style class or wherewithal that the Japanese have embedded in their culture.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Go to ANY Tesco in the entire country and check out the handicapped  or women with babies parking areas, Ive yet to see  a  Woman with baby or handicapped person in one, because they are  all filled by the other  selfish pr&cks.

More often than not those spots are occupied by taxis.

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Telling them not to use the elevator, is about as effective as telling them to pull their cars over the side of the road, as an ambulance with a dying person is attempting to pass, to get to the hospital.

But often it is just the ambulance driver going home for lunch. I saw a row of four fire trucks in a commuter jam on the expressway all lights and sirens. The guys in the cabs did not have their gear on, just yellow T shirts. Going to a fire my ass!

Just sayin....

My favorites are the kids who push past the little old ladies to get a row of seats on the MRT and BTS. 

At the same time, there are many who will stand and give up their seat for an elder or a little kid, so it's not a universal flaw.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

But often it is just the ambulance driver going home for lunch. I saw a row of four fire trucks in a commuter jam on the expressway all lights and sirens. The guys in the cabs did not have their gear on, just yellow T shirts. Going to a fire my ass!

Just sayin....

How would you know, generally. Are you going to block the way of an emergency vehicle, because you presume the guys are going home for lunch? Where does that even come from? Why would you even consider denying someone the right to live, due to a preconceived notion of that sort? We are talking about an inconvenience of seconds. Does that matter one iota, in terms of your day. You may have helped save a life. Society is getting way too callous. Where is the compassion, and concern for each other?

• Like 1

I am required to use a Wheelchair most of the time when shopping or any activity that puts too much strain on my hips (40-50 feet) that precludes my using my cane. Trust me, it is no pleasure to be incapacitated and any courtesy by ambulatory shoppers is appreciated.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

I am required to use a Wheelchair most of the time when shopping or any activity that puts too much strain on my hips (40-50 feet) that precludes my using my cane. Trust me, it is no pleasure to be incapacitated and any courtesy by ambulatory shoppers is appreciated.

Very much so..

I must say that I found the Thai generally good in this respect tho' the physical environment was atrocious for wheelchairs.

I did fend off a mob of Indians with my walking stick at the lift at the airport..