On Body Camera.

Anyone know where I can buy a camera and brace to wear which will record everything in front of me while

I am riding my motorbike. I am looking for somewhere in Bangkok or Pattaya.

I know I can buy from Lazada or similar, but I want to see what I am buying before I commit myself. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

a camera and brace to wear which will record everything in front of me while

I am riding my motorbike.

Riding a bike, I'd wear the camera so it would record anything behind me.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

No, I want the one that points forward on your chest area and clipped on to a strap that

goes round your shoulders.

The batteries don't last that long, easier to have one mounted on the bike and plugged into the battery, so you don't need to constantly recharge batteries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

The batteries don't last that long, easier to have one mounted on the bike and plugged into the battery, so you don't need to constantly recharge batteries.

Depends on the bike but for many that would produce very shakey and vibey videos. A strap mounted cam is much better. A helmet mounted cam has the advantage of being able to move it into the direction of whatever you want to film and to film conversations after getting off the bike.

possum1931: try Panda Rider in BKK, not sure if they have that strap mount but worth a try at least via email.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2019 at 8:27 PM, eisfeld said:

Depends on the bike but for many that would produce very shakey and vibey videos. A strap mounted cam is much better. A helmet mounted cam has the advantage of being able to move it into the direction of whatever you want to film and to film conversations after getting off the bike.

possum1931: try Panda Rider in BKK, not sure if they have that strap mount but worth a try at least via email.

Just found out that a body camera is no use for riding a Forza, the windshield gets in the way, but

I will look at the helmet mounted camera at Panda Rider.

I'm using one of these from Aliexpress. 600 baht and very good. I have a gopro and chest harness but its too much of a faff to use. I even added a battery pack but don't use it now.

It's trial and error to get the camera below at the right angle. It's best when wearing a vest, in a shirt the recording angle isn't the best but it's trial and error.

It's about the size of a lighter Screenshot_20190513-175526_AliExpress.jpg.13346aa1576b6f50d1e63f5628b637c9.jpg&key=f42a6e211406ed422799f7c3c4d0b26601c886783414b3079930e477b8939d66

Wonder how the Apollo guys got such good photos with f'''king great Hasselblads strapped to their chests. With films they had to take to Boots to get developed. LOL

Maybe they didn't.....................oh shut up William!

Edited by wgdanson

I know its not precisely what you asked for, however, I have an Innovv K2 installed on my motorcycle (its basically a dash-cam for motorcycles)

Its forwards facing and rear facing HD, weather proof (fixed), its hard wired and comes on when I turn on the ignition so I don't have to worry about charging it etc... 

https://www.innovv.com/innovv-k2

The Helmet mounted cameras have the added benefit of looking where you look and are visible so police may tend not to bother you too much unless you have genuinely committed an offense. 

Personally, I prefer to have the mounted option... than an external helmet cam which I have to charge.

Ultimately a Smart Helmet (Jarvish or similar) would be ideal, with inbuilt helmet mounted forwards and rear facing cam with HUD showing the rear view