Jump to content

Illegal foreign workers: Thais urged to call the "Rat Line" on 1506


webfact

Recommended Posts

Illegal foreign workers: Thais urged to call the "Rat Line" on 1506

 

5pm.jpg

Caption: Not all arrested. Foreigners taking our jobs

 

Thais have once again been urged to rat on foreigners stealing their jobs.

 

The director of the Department of Employment Petcharat Sin-uay gave details of arrests and deportations of hundreds of workers sent home for doing jobs reserved for Thais in Bangkok. 

 

They included hairdressers, security guards, motorcycle taxi riders and massage staff.

 

Most were hawkers and street stall workers selling food such as fruit and flowers. 

 

She said that Thais could contact the Department of Employment or call their special hotline on 1506 extension 2 to report people working illegally. 

 

Petcharat was giving figures based on the period of October 1st 2018 to May 7th 2019. 

 

In this period the department had proceeded to investigate 1,229 cases involving 701 hawkers, 501 street stalls, and 27 security guards, motorcycle taxi riders, massage staff and salon workers. 

 

Some 378 people had been prosecuted. Of these 126 were from Myanmar, 98 Vietnam, Laos 63, Cambodia 51, India 34, China 2 and four others. 

 

Some 211 people had been deported and 1,055,000 in fines collected. 

 

She said that people taking jobs reserved for Thais could be fined 5,000 to 50,000 baht. 

 

Source: Sanook

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this also apply to unscrupulous Thai companies who employ cheap foreign labour by the waggonload for a month & who often seem to get caught just before payday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Does this also apply to unscrupulous Thai companies who employ cheap foreign labour by the waggonload for a month & who often seem to get caught just before payday?

That used to happen a lot on the construction sites in Phuket

Link to post
Share on other sites

She said that people taking jobs reserved for Thais could be fined 5,000 to 50,000 baht. 

 

The poor souls dont have 500 baht thats why they are working on the streets

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should raise construction and hotel costs a alot, as thais want way more money for that work than cambodians and co.

Resulting in less tourism and costing them money in the end.

 

 

My popcorn is ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Does this also apply to unscrupulous Thai companies who employ cheap foreign labour by the waggonload for a month & who often seem to get caught just before payday?

I knew a guy who did this in Sydney years ago.

He hired Fijians by the truck load.

Come pay day after 3 months work, guess who showed up to  deport them with no pay.

I say I knew him as one deported dude got a relative to work at this place

1 week later boss man stabbed to death; who would have thought that this would happen 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Denunciation is the national sport in Thailand ;

and not only against farang ..

They denounce each other too;
today my son-in-law is at Sawang police station to try to understand why one of his comrades was imprisoned while he was watching with other friends a boxing match on TV.

I told him there was definitely a history of illegal betting underneath and a betted fool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 30la said:

I think that even foreigners are here legally should report all the illegal people they know, I'm ready to do it!

 

They should then appoint you as the head of the local SS (SuperSomchai) in your neighborhood... :post-4641-1156693976:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

why are they only concerned with illegal workers, why not extend the scheme to any illegal activity? such as the crimestoppers line in the uk where you can give information anonymously to help police solve/prevent crime. you can also claim rewards for some successful outcomes.

 

such an initiative here would be excellent, given the amount of illegal activity i see every time i leave my home; illegal street vendors, road users breaking the law, vendors selling fake goods, etc. i'd make a fortune!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, samsensam said:

why are they only concerned with illegal workers, why not extend the scheme to any illegal activity? such as the crimestoppers line in the uk where you can give information anonymously to help police solve/prevent crime. you can also claim rewards for some successful outcomes.

 

such an initiative here would be excellent, given the amount of illegal activity i see every time i leave my home; illegal street vendors, road users breaking the law, vendors selling fake goods, etc. i'd make a fortune!

 

What a terrible idea ! You will just create a society were people have no trust in their fellow men and everyone are looking over their shoulders... This by the way is the main goal of such systems, turn a population against itself so the monarchs can easily rule them all.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 30la said:

I think that even foreigners are here legally should report all the illegal people they know, I'm ready to do it!

They already do, go ahead if it make you feel better

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

There must be thousands of Thai restaurants in the UK and not one British waitress etc. 

Next time Im back there I'll go and shit them up ask for a work permit

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

She said that people taking jobs reserved for Thais could be fined 5,000 to 50,000 baht. 

 

The poor souls dont have 500 baht thats why they are working on the streets

And even the workers from abroad that work the fields, and on construction are " fined " 300 Baht by the Police at their frequent shakedowns.

And thats the ones with a work permit

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LongTang said:

 

What a terrible idea ! You will just create a society were people have no trust in their fellow men and everyone are looking over their shoulders... This by the way is the main goal of such systems, turn a population against itself so the monarchs can easily rule them all.

 

 

Was there not a quote written? "The creation of the working classes"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thais have once again been urged to rat on foreigners stealing their jobs.

While Thais have the luxury of traveling to many countries in the world and having the freedom to work as they please to fund their stay!!!

I wish some countries had the backbone to offer the same working/financial constrictions on Thais entering foreign countries... and see if Thailand choose to level up the playing field? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongTang said:

What a terrible idea ! You will just create a society were people have no trust in their fellow men and everyone are looking over their shoulders... This by the way is the main goal of such systems, turn a population against itself so the monarchs can easily rule them all.

 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Was there not a quote written? "The creation of the working classes"

 

I will add to that the ancient Greek term 'dīvide et imperā' or as we know it Divide and rule..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...