Retirement extension to a dependant extension?

Hi, I am currently on a 1 year retirement extension to stay which expires 19th June. My question is....Am I able to apply at my local immigration centre in Kap Choeng for a 60 day extension of stay based on having a Thai daughter instead of the retirement extension? If so, how many extensions could I do before having to exit Thailand to obtain another Non O visa?

Thanks

Edited by llhm2711

You can only apply for one 60 day extension to visit your child per entry to the country.

You you are the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood you could apply for a one year extension based upon being their parent. You need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 2

Yes you can get the 60 day extension. Your daughter will need to be with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

It is the same 1900 baht fee that is charged for all extensions.

• Like 2

ubonjoe,

I currently have a Retirement extension but I'm not prepared to play their silly money games next year, I am both legally married and have a Thai child and I was intending to go done the Marriage Extension path next year, but this post has made me wonder, are there less hoops to jump through for the Dependent Child Extension ??

19 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

I currently have a Retirement extension but I'm not prepared to play their silly money games next year, I am both legally married and have a Thai child and I was intending to go done the Marriage Extension path next year, but this post has made me wonder, are there less hoops to jump through for the Dependent Child Extension ??

Both extensions are about the same.

Some offices would tell you that you cannot apply for the extension based upon being the parent of a Thai if you are married to their mother.

At some offices they treat the extensions based upon marriage differently if you have a child from the marriage. They consider that as proof your marriage is truly valid.

• Like 1

Please let me know how this extension work out for you... I'm in exactly the same situation, single father of Thai child and I also use Kapchoeng for my extension. My current extension runs out on 25 June 2019.

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My mate (divorced) got so fed up with the bungeling immigration,he now flies to the U K every year with his son  gets a 1 year visa 90 day visa runs,no money in the bank needed.

A Non-Imm O Multiple is a good option if a person indeed wants to return to UK each year and make border runs every 90 days. It eliminates all need to visit immigration. I did it for a few years, but the border runs or international trips every 3 months got boring. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

A Non-Imm O Multiple is a good option if a person indeed wants to return to UK each year and make border runs every 90 days. It eliminates all need to visit immigration. I did it for a few years, but the border runs or international trips every 3 months got boring. 

Boring maybe but he lives only 100 kl from a border. plus his son gets to see grandparents and experience a real country.

• Like 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

Boring maybe but he lives only 100 kl from a border. plus his son gets to see grandparents and experience a real country.

Yes, I can see it being easier if one lived near a land border. I sat in a minibus for 3+ hours being driven at F1 speeds by some crazy local kid!