suwannaphumi airport

Well the time has come to leave, after 20+ years. So, I couldn't be bothered anymore doing my 90 day report on 1st May. House got sold and we moved to a hotel, leaving in a few days.

Will that be an issue the non reporting of my 90 day? Anything else I should know flying out of Suwannaphumi? The queue at immigration? 

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, likewise said:

The queue at immigration?

If you're 70+ go to Old Farts Departure Fast Track adjacent to check-in Row K. Show your passport to the women guardians at the entrance as evidence of age and you're good to go

Edited by ThaiBunny
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

If you're 70+ go to Old Farts Departure Fast Track adjacent to check-in Row K. Show your passport to the women guardians at the entrance as evidence of age and you're good to go

An informative post but sublimely nasty, stick to your day job. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, ThaiBunny said:

As a dedicated Old Fart myself you mean? 75 and still going strong

Apologies to an older gentleman (with privileges), Old Fart you are not, experienced and forthright, maybe. Well done Sir!

• Like 1

actually, it should be nice to have a reply to the question in place....<removed>

me I would like to hear what will or will not happen at the airport what concerns the absence of 90 day reporting.

glegolo

Edited by ubonjoe
inflammatory comment removed

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

No problem with the 90 day reporting, departure immigration don't/cannot check whether you've done it or not (If you have the piece of paper in your passport, I would put it in your pocket but doubt they would even look at it if you did).

Immigration queues are a crap shoot & depend on when you're flying.

Good luck with whatever's next, no doubt be a culture shock after 20 years in Thailand ???? 

Thanks, yes it will be but it is time to move on. Had very good years here but now the place has lost its charm for me.

• Thanks 1

It doesn't, it is a long stay visa, we only need to get her an F-card at home which lets her stay indefinite. It all went very smooth at my embassy, I had thought it would have been hard but got it done in 2 weeks.

It doesn't, it is a long stay visa, we only need to get her an F-card at home which lets her stay indefinite. It all went very smooth at my embassy, I had thought it would have been hard but got it done in 2 weeks.
Can I get indefinite stay visa? I have an US passport and I stay 3-month in Benidorm with a visa exempt entry. Would like to stay 4/5 months. I also stay 6 month in Thailand using an O-A visa.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Can I get indefinite stay visa? I have an US passport and I stay 3-month in Benidorm with a visa exempt entry. Would like to stay 4/5 months. I also stay 6 month in Thailand using an O-A visa.

I believe the OP is referring to "Freedom to Remain" "Indefinite Leave to Remain" in the UK for which a US Citizen would have to marry a UK Citizen.

NB... Following is as it is now, post Brexit things may/will change... 

Nothing to do with Schengen Visas, his wife only needs one of those as she is not resident in an EU country, once she has UK residency she should be able to travel across Europe as though she were a Brit.

In fact, it would be easier for the OP to move his wife to a different country in the EU as there would be no financial/English tests and much faster to get residency.

Edited by Mike Teavee

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Good question.  

'HEALTH insurance has been made mandatory for foreigners aged 50 years and above seeking long-term stay in Thailand.'

I am 76 on a UK state pension frozen for eleven years.  I can no longer afford to keep 800,000 untouched in a Thai bank for five months AND compulsory Health Insurance.

aren't you doing extensions? apparently it doesn't affect you if you are

17 minutes ago, MARK74 said:

aren't you doing extensions? apparently it doesn't affect you if you are

I think we are going to see some people painstakingly and mistakenly  applying this to 'retirement visas' ie what is in reality extensions obtained in Thailand . NO, it is for Non Imm OA (and OX?) visas obtained at a Thai Embassy in your home country and as Ubonjoe said elsewhere, not yet being applied.

Edited by jacko45k

8 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I don't think so unless you are married to an EU citizen or ask asylum or something ????

I'm not a Brit. Don't know for the UK but for my country, it was all very straightforward and little hassle to get her visa. Maybe had something to do that I was registered with my embassy, something we have to do but very few do. Yet I noticed it has its conveniences, in all my years here any documents I needed were given swiftly, and now with applying for wife's visa everything was done in about 2 weeks. Basically, all do documents that were needed from my side as proof, proof of means and living,my embassy provided, had our marriage certs translated and legalized, her birth cert, that was pretty much it. Got an email 12 days later that the visa was approved and ready to collect. Way easier than what I had to experience in Thailand every year, over and over again same old documents, 90 day notifications like being on parole.......and more of their nonsense.

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's not what the press release says.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Although the video news report from 103 FM posted on TV does say it includes Extensions! 

It also says OPD must be included, which really bumps up the cost, and I need to clarify this. I am in the process of renewing mine now, and always I pass on the OPD cover. 

Although the video news report from 103 FM posted on TV does say it includes Extensions! 
It also says OPD must be included, which really bumps up the cost, and I need to clarify this. I am in the process of renewing mine now, and always I pass on the OPD cover. 
Everything is reliant on the accuracy of the translations and the quality of the reporting. Until something official is released, no one knows for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk