Warranty Repair Never Ends

Beggar

I have (had) an expensive vacuum cleaner and it is still under warranty - producer is a big North-European company producing here in Thailand too. 3 months ago I sent it for repair under warranty. Until now I didn't get a repair nor a real answer when I will ever get it back. I always hear next week when I contact them. But "next week" never comes... 

Any ideas what I can do? 

Edited by Beggar

3 minutes ago, janelaw90 said:

Sad news, hope it is the last "next week" for you. Good luck. 

I don't think so. Just before I got this email below from the headquarter in Thailand. At least they didn't say "next week" again.

It is an endless nightmare. Somebody told me today that she has been waiting since October - same brand! Next week I will contact the CEO in Europe. Perhaps he can help. If not I have at least more and more evidence for a story on the Internet. 

We are so sorry for any inconvenience cause

At this moment, we are waiting for the spare part once we have received it and we will let you know

31 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I don't think so. Just before I got this email below from the headquarter in Thailand. At least they didn't say "next week" again.

It is an endless nightmare. Somebody told me today that she has been waiting since October - same brand! Next week I will contact the CEO in Europe. Perhaps he can help. If not I have at least more and more evidence for a story on the Internet. 

We are so sorry for any inconvenience cause

At this moment, we are waiting for the spare part once we have received it and we will let you know

also cc the Customer relations manager and the chairperson of the board of directors , that way some one has to act

5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

also cc the Customer relations manager and the chairperson of the board of directors , that way some one has to act

It was not easy to find the email address of them but I think I got them. I will give Thailand one more week to react before I will go this way even if I think it is just another wasted week. I googled before to find other people with a similar experience with this brand here in Thailand. I am not alone and obviously still at the beginning of a very long waiting period ????

20 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I googled before to find other people with a similar experience with this brand here in Thailand.

Can you give us a clue? Begins with E perhaps?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, topt said:

Can you give us a clue? Begins with E perhaps?

Sadly I am not allowed to write the company name here if I understood the forum rules correctly. But obviously you googled too. 

47 minutes ago, Beggar said:

It was not easy to find the email address of them but I think I got them. I will give Thailand one more week to react before I will go this way even if I think it is just another wasted week. I googled before to find other people with a similar experience with this brand here in Thailand. I am not alone and obviously still at the beginning of a very long waiting period ????

Why give them another week?

They've had plenty of time to react, to get the problem fixed and the product returned to you.

My story with electric lawn mower...worked well a few months then died...had a hard time getting company to honor warranty...send off for repairs...many weeks later received repaired mower...after cutting 1/2 of small yard...dead again...back to repair shop...been weeks...still waiting...

Soon will be 1 year...warranty ends...fun begins...????

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Why give them another week?

They've had plenty of time to react, to get the problem fixed and the product returned to you.

Yes you are right. But a company here in Pattaya starting with the letter N on Sukhumvit Road took care of the case so far. They really tried to do a great job but simply were too shy to tell me the reality - couldn't achieve anything despite all their efforts. I will keep you informed about my results. The last time when a company made me unhappy with their service you can read at the link below. After this the product disappeared from the market. 

http://review-fujifilmfinepixreal3d.weebly.com

11 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

nothing unusual here in Thailand, service can be very poor. We had a new Daikin air con fitted 2 years ago, its been playing up from around 6 months after we got it, I have messaged the thai office several times since and was told that my local agent will get in touch with us 4 or 5 times now  in the 18 months and I am still waiting for them to contact us. They love getting your money but dont like having to do anything when the product has problems. Same with our new truck, when we got it I was told they would supply all the books in english for me(one of the reasons I took it), 12 months later and I am still waiting although they told the wife they can be downloaded and printed out, they got the money and dont giver a sh*t now, its a thai thing

34 minutes ago, seajae said:

nothing unusual here in Thailand, service can be very poor. We had a new Daikin air con fitted 2 years ago, its been playing up from around 6 months after we got it, I have messaged the thai office several times since and was told that my local agent will get in touch with us 4 or 5 times now  in the 18 months and I am still waiting for them to contact us. They love getting your money but dont like having to do anything when the product has problems. Same with our new truck, when we got it I was told they would supply all the books in english for me(one of the reasons I took it), 12 months later and I am still waiting although they told the wife they can be downloaded and printed out, they got the money and dont giver a sh*t now, its a thai thing

I have aircons of this company too. Sent letters first in English and then in Thai and also made calls to the service hotline and ... never got an answer too. But I remember a good experience. I have a big and heavy LG TV and the screen needed to be replaced during warranty. Sadly they sent only 1 technician and so I had to help him to repair it. I was extremely nervous to damage something but in the end we did it. An unforgettable experience.

Gave up with our Electrofux cyclone vac when basic filter parts needed to be ordered from Europe taking three weeks at ridiculous cost. Replaced it with a Hitachi old school cloth bag vac which at 1600W beats the crap out of any fancy 2kw cyclone nonsense from Electrofail. 

4 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

Gave up with our Electrofux cyclone vac when basic filter parts needed to be ordered from Europe taking three weeks at ridiculous cost. Replaced it with a Hitachi old school cloth bag vac which at 1600W beats the crap out of any fancy 2kw cyclone nonsense from Electrofail. 

In the end that means that it doesn't make any sense to wait for the repair of my vacuum cleaner... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Nothing sucks like an E........x

I will take care of it as much as I can. It is not about the 4000 Baht I put in the garbage bin because I bought a product of this company. The real story seems to be that I am not alone and obviously they don't care much. This is very bad... Imagine I sell you something that stops working and I tell you - no I don't tell you - you just get on my nerves... This seems to be their philosophy. 

10 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

But it's an Electro Luxus thingy, right? 

Don't want to write the company name. But it is a very sophisticated product. It is the first cyclone vacuum cleaner that you don't have to clean anymore. When it is full you simply throw it away and buy a new one. 

On 5/13/2019 at 3:05 PM, RJRS1301 said:

Contact their head office 

Email the CEO with a copy to Customer Relations, also the chairperson of board

After my email below they immediately promised me that it will be repaired and ready for pickup next week on the 21st - I will keep you updated:

"I didn't get any response from your side. Obviously xxxxx can't fulfill the warranty here in Thailand because of a lack of spare parts for their products. At least after 3 months waiting for a fix this seems to be like this. Am I wrong? I will ask the headquarter in xxxxx if this is what they want. But it seems that they don't care much. Is it really like that?"

If you need email addresses from people at the top of the companies this link might be helpful 

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/

2 hours ago, Beggar said:

After my email below they immediately promised me that it will be repaired and ready for pickup next week on the 21st - I will keep you updated:

"I didn't get any response from your side. Obviously xxxxx can't fulfill the warranty here in Thailand because of a lack of spare parts for their products. At least after 3 months waiting for a fix this seems to be like this. Am I wrong? I will ask the headquarter in xxxxx if this is what they want. But it seems that they don't care much. Is it really like that?"

If you need email addresses from people at the top of the companies this link might be helpful 

Just see by accident that text I copy is with black background because where it is possible everything is switched to black background on my tablet. Didn't realize this since my browser is switched to black background normally too. Sorry for this. At least I know now. 

Here the link for the email addresses again. 

On 5/15/2019 at 12:52 PM, Beggar said:

Today is a is the 21st and you know what happened - nothing. This was their mail last week :

Dear xxxx

We are sorry for late reply

Our spare part department just informed us that it will arrive at Nxxxx on 21/05/19

Best regards,

xxxx

Today I was told it will come tomorrow Wednesday for sure. The game they have been playing with me for 3 months already...

Will keep you updated. But one thing is for sure - never will buy anything from them again. Imagine it would be a refrigerator or an aircon or other things you need every day and not "only" a vacuum cleaner. 

Still have tears of joy in my eyes. After only 94 days the warranty repair of my vacuum cleaner came to an end. But it only came to an end because I took the conversations the service center did in my own hands and made a lot of pressure at the company producing this vacuum cleaner. The Thais at the service center simply are too friendly and they told me that they were very happy when I intervened as customer directly. 

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

Still have tears of joy in my eyes. After only 94 days the warranty repair of my vacuum cleaner came to an end. But it only came to an end because I took the conversations the service center did in my own hands and made a lot of pressure at the company producing this vacuum cleaner. The Thais at the service center simply are too friendly and they told me that they were very happy when I intervened as customer directly. 

A Final Positive outcome, and you became your own ADVOCATE ????