PM Prayut defends the appointment of senators

webfact

PM defends the appointment of senators

pm.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has asked critics to stop criticizing the alleged opaque manner in which the new senators were chosen, claiming that they had been screened and royally endorsed.

He hit back at critics, who claim that many of the senators are old faces, brothers of people in the government or friends of Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan and Interior Minister Anupong Paochida, saying that the critics and media people are also “old faces”.

In a somewhat confusing statement, an apparently irritated prime minister said “Why don’t you separate? The politicians are also old faces. Why can’t old faces work when they come in to carry on with the work? I have to choose people who used to work, but not all the 250 senators.”

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-defends-the-appointment-of-senators/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-16

4 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

predictable; the stupid wondering why there are smart people; military generals are Not good country leaders

Once power is firmly established...article 40 will end all criticism and opposition rhetoric...

The PM asks critics to stop criticising the manner in which the new Senators were chosen.

Claims he did it like that for the benefit of his pals bank balances.???????????????????? were not true.

Screened? To ensure they will not oppose, not delay or not reject any proposal put forward by the boss. Their purpose as yes-men is well accepted and they are very grateful for the extra income regardless of whether they attend or not. Its a perfect fit; a dictator and his band of backers. As for what the people want, whats that got to do with it?

Don't criticize the dubiousness of the government I have created.   The old politicians were not appointed unlike the lackeys he is defending.  Most will be seen in the future either falling asleep or running around with their gicks during sessions.  His bother being one of them.  

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Can’t wait til he loses 44. This man is a ticking time bomb. 

But is the 44 option necessarily going away?

You can almost see a group of Dear General’s loyal sycophants vigorously insisting that he retain some variety of the magic 44 twanger until the country achieves perfect order and total happiness.

Naturally, he would be reluctant…but the heartfelt pleas of patriotic Thais could convince him to retain limitless power ‘for the good of the country’.

Remember...the General will do anything for himse the good of the country.

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

But is the 44 option necessarily going away?

You can almost see a group of Dear General’s loyal sycophants vigorously insisting that he retain some variety of the magic 44 twanger until the country achieves perfect order and total happiness.

Naturally, he would be reluctant…but the heartfelt pleas of patriotic Thais could convince him to retain limitless power ‘for the good of the country’.

Remember...the General will do anything for himse the good of the country.

Yea, as far as I understand, article 44 will be no longer when the new government is installed. Saying that, It wouldn't surprise me if we hear something like, "we've decided to keep 44 in order to continue the peace and happiness Prayut has created over the last 5 years....." (the junta's words not mine). 

Will be interesting to see. If he loses 44, I think he's f*****. The media and public are already beginning to show a little more balls and are criticizing more. 

Disingenuous to insinuate that because they were royally endorsed, they are good people. Trying to stop all argument by playing that card is wrong in so many ways. And does he realize that by doing so, he is not helping the waning popularity of that particular establishment. He really should learn to <deleted>, unless he has something good to say. But then again, he needs to be careful as his perception of what is good does not often correspond with that of Joe Public.    

Nepotism and cronyism at their very best coupled with arrogance from an autocratic leader and backed up by a military junta.

Democracy is dead in Thailand for many years to come.

Next, I would not be surprised if Prayut enters Thailands version of ' The Voice ' for his crap ballads and arresting everyone under article 44 if he doesn't win.

Pathetic display of greed and buffoonery and what does he do when faced with tough questions? He threatens the person who asks them!! 

39 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Disingenuous to insinuate that because they were royally endorsed, they are good people. Trying to stop all argument by playing that card is wrong in so many ways. And does he realize that by doing so, he is not helping the waning popularity of that particular establishment. He really should learn to <deleted>, unless he has something good to say. But then again, he needs to be careful as his perception of what is good does not often correspond with that of Joe Public.    

OUCH!

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yea, as far as I understand, article 44 will be no longer when the new government is installed. Saying that, It wouldn't surprise me if we hear something like, "we've decided to keep 44 in order to continue the peace and happiness Prayut has created over the last 5 years....." (the junta's words not mine). 

Will be interesting to see. If he loses 44, I think he's f*****. The media and public are already beginning to show a little more balls and are criticizing more. 

I think it will be more interesting to see if he still keeps his complete blanket amnesty intact!

What he really means is if you are tired of all of the underhanded methods of retaining rule, of favoritism, of blatant abuse of power, you should have provided an overwhelming message at the poles and if necessary organized afterwords to challenge the theft of your country. 

Archived