Does anyone know a good agent for retirement extension of stay?

I used the 65K per month before   I do not always transfer that much because I do not need it and, have a few experiences back in the states. A bit late now to transfer the funds since my renewal is in August.   I have never used an agent for anything but not sure if they would be understanding so I feel no choice but to use an agent this time  and then be prepared for the next renewal.  

If anyone could suggest a few that would be great.  

32 minutes ago, genobkk said:

Sorry I forgot to mention I am in Bangkok 

What do you expect the agent to do for you?

If you started transferring 65k baht from outside the country now you could do your extension based upon income. Chaeng Wattana will accept just a few months of transfers to apply for the extension this year.

Or you could put a 800k baht in the bank for 2 months before the date you apply for the extension.

Or if you have transferred less than 65k baht every month then you could use the combination of what you have transferred in with money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht. For example if you have been transfering in 50k baht that would be a annual income of 600k baht and then you would need 200k baht in the bank for 2 months.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Save time, speed/smooth the process. At least that's my goal.

Still looking for an agent referral (Bangkok/Div. 1-CW: New PP_Stamp XFER + TM-30 + TM-7: Ext Stay/Ret - 65,000 + TM-8/MREEP + TM47); have complete documentation.

No desire to spend two or three days schlepping up to CW, back to the bank, back to CW, back home for photos in front of house, more copies. Yes, it was an adventure the first dozen times, when it could be done in one day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Or if you have transferred less than 65k baht every month then you could use the combination of what you have transferred in with money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht. For example if you have been transfering in 50k baht that would be a annual income of 600k baht and then you would need 200k baht in the bank for 2 months.

Under the new rules, do we have reports of successful "combination" applications with less than 400K for the "in the bank" portion and/or how the post-seasoning works for these amounts? 

• Like 1

Save time, speed/smooth the process. At least that's my goal.

Still looking for an agent referral (Bangkok/Div. 1-CW: New PP_Stamp XFER + TM-30 + TM-7: Ext Stay/Ret - 65,000 + TM-8/MREEP + TM47); have complete documentation.

No desire to spend two or three days schlepping up to CW, back to the bank, back to CW, back home for photos in front of house, more copies. Yes, it was an adventure the first dozen times, when it could be done in one day.
A Bangkok agent keeps sending me email. Send me a PM, I will give their email. I have not used them yet.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 5/17/2019 at 8:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

If you started transferring 65k baht from outside the country now you could do your extension based upon income. Chaeng Wattana will accept just a few months of transfers to apply for the extension this year.

Or you could put a 800k baht in the bank for 2 months before the date you apply for the extension.

Seeing as how you have mentioned the Combination I would like to know if this way of extending my visa is still acceptable?

I use the IO at Jomtien and have been using a pension letter plus money in the bank for the last 15 years. I somehow got the impression that they were no longer accepting this way to get your extension. Since February I have been sending over a regular monthly amount of money hoping that ( along with money in the bank to make up the 800k ) I would be able to use a bank statement in place of the embassy pension letter.

I thought that I had read a post that said Jomtien were no longer accepting this.

Can you throw any light on this please?

3 minutes ago, monsieurhappy said:

Seeing as how you have mentioned the Combination I would like to know if this way of extending my visa is still acceptable?

I use the IO at Jomtien and have been using a pension letter plus money in the bank for the last 15 years. I somehow got the impression that they were no longer accepting this way to get your extension.

I have seen a report of Jomtien accepting a application using the combination option.

What you read or heard before were only rumors.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:29 AM, KhunFred said:

Cambodia Inter on SOI Buakhao will process your extension of stay for 13 thousand baht. They also accept credit cards.

http://cambodiainter.com/index.php/contact/

13K, I need to get into this agent business, it's money for old rope. The process is so easy and straight forward that it is a joke for anyone to take money to do it for you.  My advice would be to get to Jomtien immigration and get the most up to date information on your actual situation. After that you can make an informed decision regarding your next step. 

57 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

13K, I need to get into this agent business, it's money for old rope. The process is so easy and straight forward that it is a joke for anyone to take money to do it for you.  My advice would be to get to Jomtien immigration and get the most up to date information on your actual situation. After that you can make an informed decision regarding your next step. 

13k is a "no money in the bank" extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Its easy if you have 800k

13k  fee is for people that don't have 800k. or don't want to put 800k into a thai bank

as in the agent supplies the 800k and does all the legwork

so at 13k inc thats  11k more than  diy.   less than 917 bt a month.  or 211 bt per week .  cheap IMHO  

setonal beat me to it.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, Pilotman said:

Keep in mind - that's about 11K after the retail-price for the extension, then the IO's portion comes out of that?  These cheaper outfits seem to operate on volume.  

On 5/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, DrJack54 said:

The OP is asking for agent for application made at CW

Yes - so figure more like 25K, based on reports I've read.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, SEtonal said:

In January, a poster was told by Jomtien Immigration that the combination method with a pension would not be accepted. However in April, an extension based on retirement was successful at Jomtien using the combination method and a pension (NO embassy letter was used).  I will link both reports.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1080537-my-trip-to-jomtien-immigration/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093988-extension-of-stay-for-retirement/

Note that successful one had 401K Baht for the "in the bank" portion plus proof of a "state pension" as secondary evidence.  Some have suggested 400K could be the "bottom limit" for any combo - at least at some offices.  Other reports indicate proof of a "state pension" is needed for income (combo or stand-alone) at some offices. 

The new rules do not require either of those things, but ...

• Like 1

I read they may be understanding this year but from the stories I am hearing they are not.   I have never used an agent so not liking the idea, but I do not want to go through repeated attempts, or not get the nenewl and have to start all over 

thought the combo method was dead ?

if not what seasoning is required  ?

e,g - if I transferred a minimum 50k a month for 12 months

Jomtien is my office

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

thought the combo method was dead ?

You thought wrong. Or listened to some false rumors.

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

f not what seasoning is required  ?

e,g - if I transferred a minimum 50k a month for 12 months

The funds part to reach a total of 800 baht has to be in the bank for 2 months.

That would be 200k baht in the bank with 600j baht of annual income.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You thought wrong. Or listened to some false rumors.

The funds part to reach a total of 800 baht has to be in the bank for 2 months.

That would be 200k baht in the bank with 600j baht of annual income.

cheers, read a the above link after my post, seems jomtien are a go base on that report from April

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

A "good agent" isn't that an oxymoron?

Absolutely not - - I love having an agent filling out all the forms, making the appointments, even driving me to and from IMM... they provide a VIP service and make my life easier... they even call to notify me when to stop into the office... of course, I can do any of it myself, but I pay a reasonable fee for ease and peace of mind and not having to write my address over and over - amongst other things... 

sometimes i drive myself, sometimes I take a taxi - other times, a limo is a pleasure... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

Absolutely not - - I love having an agent filling out all the forms, making the appointments, even driving me to and from IMM... they provide a VIP service and make my life easier... they even call to notify me when to stop into the office... of course, I can do any of it myself, but I pay a reasonable fee for ease and peace of mind and not having to write my address over and over - amongst other things... 

sometimes i drive myself, sometimes I take a taxi - other times, a limo is a pleasure... 

If you are happy being ripped off then that is your choice of course.

14 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Ripped off??? Not even close - I am paying for a service... They do exactly what they say... I find the price fair. 

There are many apt comparisons in life - I have an accountant to fill out my tax forms. sure, I could do that myself too, but what a pain. 

Have you never paid for a service before? 

Edited by kenk24
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Ripped off??? Not even close - I am paying for a service... They do exactly what they say... I find the price fair. 

There are many apt comparisons in life - I have an accountant to fill out my tax forms. sure, I could do that myself too, but what a pain. 

Have you never paid for a service before? 

laundry maybe. Hate ironing.

39 minutes ago, fishtank said:

It isn't being ripped off if you would not get an Extension without their help. Usually the price is up-front.