Vet praised for saving newborn’s life

webfact

16 hours ago, bannork said:

Probably true in a lot of Western countries.

Nothing to do with vets and babies but an example of why the West can be so boring.

1. On a bus to Cornwall 2 weeks ago, the driver told a passenger with a hot drink to dispose of it at once as he could be sued if it spilled on the passenger.

2. Approaching the bus stop with a suitcase on wheels and a shoulder bag, the bus began to pull away but stopped after a council worker saw me and shouted at the driver to stop. The bus driver then get a bollocking from an official on the bus about how he wasn't insured to stop for me after the bus stop (3 metres), and he must never do that again.

The West can be so dull.

I think it’s generally called political correctness or maybe Nanny State.

Exactly the same in Australia it was on my list of reasons for deciding to leave and live here.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:16 PM, bannork said:

Probably true in a lot of Western countries.

Nothing to do with vets and babies but an example of why the West can be so boring.

1. On a bus to Cornwall 2 weeks ago, the driver told a passenger with a hot drink to dispose of it at once as he could be sued if it spilled on the passenger.

2. Approaching the bus stop with a suitcase on wheels and a shoulder bag, the bus began to pull away but stopped after a council worker saw me and shouted at the driver to stop. The bus driver then get a bollocking from an official on the bus about how he wasn't insured to stop for me after the bus stop (3 metres), and he must never do that again.

The West can be so dull.

Its the same for many develop Asian countries such as Taiwan, South Korea, Japa, and Singapore.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:00 PM, bannork said:

There's plenty of good stories but they may not make the news. I was waiting at a pier for the express river boat to Nonthaburi a few days ago and an ageing Westerner, unable to step one leg forward without considerable effort, it took him perhaps 10 seconds for one small step, slowly made his way to the pier.

The staff could have told him it was too dangerous to take the boat as both the pier and the boat rock to and fro in those few seconds that the rope of the boat is fastened to the bulkhead.

But they didn't. They took him down the gangway and held on to his waist as he struggled onto the boat.

And it was the same at Nonthaburi.

I too have seen a couple of times the boat crew helping old and feeble people - with patience and kindness even during rush hours.

Archived