Buying A Mortgaged Condo + Giving False Price To Land Office

Just do this. ALL the docs involved must show the lower price of 1.5 million baht. Then pay the guy the agreed upon price of 2.4.

Farang crims out of Thailand........ now!

The irony. :o

Edited by quiksilva

• 2 weeks later...

We had an appointment at the land office this morning, the seller's bank representative which was there because of the mortgage did a nice job preparing everything that was needed.

But we could not make the deal: the seller's power of attorney was not accepted as the signature on it was slightly different of the one on the Land Office record.

So it seems Land Office's officials are taking their job seriously.

But bribing seems very common there: they normally need 3 hours to process a transfer, unless you use the 1000 THB shortcut...

On another hand my bank (Kasikorn, fracking useless) gave me a certificate of foreign exchange in English, when the Land Office accepts only Thai language. So couldn't have done the deal anyway (as Kasikorn refused to send a messenger with proper document, fracking useless).

Will try again on Friday, the seller being there in person.

We had an appointment at the land office this morning, the seller's bank representative which was there because of the mortgage did a nice job preparing everything that was needed.

But we could not make the deal: the seller's power of attorney was not accepted as the signature on it was slightly different of the one on the Land Office record.

So it seems Land Office's officials are taking their job seriously.

But bribing seems very common there: they normally need 3 hours to process a transfer, unless you use the 1000 THB shortcut...

On another hand my bank (Kasikorn, fracking useless) gave me a certificate of foreign exchange in English, when the Land Office accepts only Thai language. So couldn't have done the deal anyway (as Kasikorn refused to send a messenger with proper document, fracking useless).

Will try again on Friday, the seller being there in person.

It's good new that the land office wouldn't accept the power of attorney.

Now you will do business with the owner, and can be sure there is nothing dodgy going on.

I trust after all the advice that you now have you own lawyer present? It's the only way you can be sure you aren't being ripped off.