Waste separation bins on Dongtan Beach

CH1961

6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

As usual...."knockers"... first out of the traps..

I am not a "knocker" but I will just relate what I observe. We have 4 bins for recycling at my condo block, all clearly labelled pictorially as well as script in Thai and English. All have any old rubbish deposited in them by some people who are either inconsiderate or stupid, maybe both.

Without carrying out a surveillance operation (not happening) I couldn't say for sure which nationalities are mostly responsible. Make your own guesses.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2019 at 4:18 PM, dode57k said:

Yes, it's so predictable isn't it. I sometimes wonder if people are just sitting at their laptops or whatever just waiting for the next chance to abuse or ridicule anything Thailand does. I've said before this is a valuable forum where genuine people look for help and information, but picking your way through the dross is mind numbing.

Back on topic....nice to see these bins appearing. Quite a lot of rubbish piles up in corners at and around that area (mostly dumped by tourists) so maybe it will help. It may well all end up in the same place but that happens in the UK too.

Well said. Too many tediius thai bashers and pattaya haters detract from this forum but they never reveal which country they are from and why they dontvreturn there. 

On 5/28/2019 at 10:22 AM, pee paub said:

(C) Come collection time they will all be dumped into the same truck.

Yes, anyone who's witnessed trash collection will see this is exactly what happens. In this regard the recycle bins are window dressing that masks a serious problem. For a clear idea of the local attitude to waste disposal it's only necessary to look back to last week at the putrid black waste being pumped directly into the sea at Jomtien.

There seem to be two kinds of people populating threads like these - the so called bashers who are usually experienced folks, able to make informed comments and offer constructive criticism, or perhaps some well placed sarcasm. And then there's the apologists who get flustered when any one points out things that are wrong but are averse to getting drawn into any kind of details, which would quickly expose the flaws in their rose coloured view of the world. It's a similar story across in the immigration subforum too. 

• Like 1