Man electrocuted by wire fence while catching fish, frogs in Nong Bua Lam Phu

webfact

On 5/28/2019 at 1:28 AM, steven100 said:

The guy is at fault .... you cannot go around connecting mains power to anything on your property where it can pose as a serious risk to human life.

He can install a proper electric fence as used by farmers everywhere.

The guy should not have trespassed onto someone else's land, but that does not give indemnity

to the owner for his actions.

That reasoning didn't stop my female neighbour many years ago connecting her house window metal bars to the mains, in a bid to stop burglaries after being robbed of gold and money several times whilst she was out on her farm. I was always expecting to come back one day and see a burglar locked to the window with smoke coming out his ears, but it never happened, and eventually she gave up this dangerous deterrent. So my guess is this kind of thing goes on quite a lot in Thailand and we just don't hear about it as often as people are being fried for touching bits of metal around people's property. In the US you get shot for trespass, no questions asked, but in Thailand you get electrocuted. ????

54 minutes ago, plachon said:

In the US you get shot for trespass, no questions asked, but in Thailand you get electrocuted. 

Shoot someone just for trespassing, and you'll go to jail in 50 of the 50 states.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:29 AM, farmerjo said:

The standard warning in Issan is plastic bags tied to the wire to alert people the wire is live.

The trespasser must of grabbed it with a clenched fist to lift the wire up.Not a smart move..

I'm surprised it hasn't knocked a few of the farmers cattle off in the past.

I remember another incident a while back where a farmer had his wire hooked up to the mains to keep Elephants out.

Still fence controllers are readily availiable these days here at a cost of around 10,000 baht,would have been a good investment for the old fella.

elephant-pineapple-farm.jpg

• Sad 1